Author Topic: Potomac Nationals New Stadium - Fredericksburg!  (Read 44552 times)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
As big of a dump as it is, I'm going to miss the Pfitz.  Seeing a game there was generally a pretty cheap way to spend a night, it was a great place to get autographs each year from Ryan Zimmerman :) and other rehabbing Nats (we met Werth, Detwiler, JZ, and several others), and the fireworks show was usually good.

Farewell Pfitzner:

https://wtop.com/prince-william-county/2019/08/fans-saying-goodbye-to-potomac-nationals-as-team-heads-south/

The article notes that there is a chance of them at least starting the season in Potomac next year if the new stadium isn't ready for opening day.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
As big of a dump as it is, I'm going to miss the Pfitz.

I have fond memories of my daughter’s parish grade school having a family night there once a season. We’d go down to the picnic area and stuff our faces with crappy hamburgers, hotdogs and the usual picnic foods and then go up and watch from those crappy bleacher seats. It was a great time. :)

Offline HalfSmokes

my family loved the kids run the bases and fireworks nights - definitely have fond memories

Offline Five Banners

Grabbed a couple of tickets for tomorrow

Online imref

Re: Potomac Nationals New Stadium - Fredericksburg!
« Reply #279: September 12, 2019, 10:29:57 PM »
Team and logo unveil on October 5

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2UXEdfgGHa/

Online imref

Re: Potomac Nationals New Stadium - Fredericksburg!
« Reply #280: September 16, 2019, 02:43:58 PM »
pnats42
Verified
We've headed down the road to bring Baseball to the 'Burg! As of this morning, the P-Nats are now Fredericksburg Baseball. Our offices & team store are located at 601 Caroline St, 1st Floor, Fredericksburg, VA 22401 and our new phone number is 540-858-4242.

Online imref

Fredricksburg Nationals is official

Offline HalfSmokes

I had to go down to Fredericksburg last weekend- they have a nice billboard advertising minor league baseball on 95 now. I’m not sure anyone from the inner suburbs will make that drive to see an a ball team- even on a Sunday in late September the traffic was terrible, during summer vacation season it will be down right miserable

Online imref

I had to go down to Fredericksburg last weekend- they have a nice billboard advertising minor league baseball on 95 now. I’m not sure anyone from the inner suburbs will make that drive to see an a ball team- even on a Sunday in late September the traffic was terrible, during summer vacation season it will be down right miserable

I hope this opens the door to another try for a team in Loudoun

Online imref

Fred-Nats?  F-Nats?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

As an old traveler toward F'burg and beyond.    I never take 95, or its main arteries, from E. Loudoun.    It may be a little longer (time and distance) but it ain't 95-ish.     Then again, I haven't been to an A ball game since Cora Kelly.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
There is zero chance I would drive to Fredricksburg in the summer for any circumstance, much less a minor league baseball game.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
I don't know what it is about that stretch of I-95 but every time I'm on it I see someone on foot trying to dart out into traffic to recover clothes that blew out of the rooftop pod.  Like every time.  So, nope to Fredricksburg.
There is zero chance I would drive to Fredricksburg in the summer for any circumstance, much less a minor league baseball game.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

The Freddies

Seems to lend itself to an easy chant of "F! The Nats!" (first bit of punctuation optional).

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Online imref

Offline HalfSmokes

So they move further away from my Vernon, but add a Washington logo?

Offline Five Banners

So they move further away from my Vernon, but add a Washington logo?

He grew up near Fredericksburg

Offline Count Walewski

I believe in the alleged incident where George Washington threw a coin across the Rapahannock, he was throwing it to Fredericksburg from the other side of the river. That's why Fredericksburg can't have a Wal-Mart.

Also yes the cherry tree incident happened there, probably why the George in the F-Nats logo is carrying an axe.