Author Topic: Potomac Nationals New Stadium - Fredericksburg!  (Read 44856 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Potomac Nationals New Stadium Watch
« Reply #75: January 09, 2017, 03:43:02 PM »
Those of you familiar with Woody's range, etc. on route seven.    She's now gone.    MacMansions are risin' as I type.
This place was called Powerline. Right by I95. Probably opened about 1995. And closed around 2008. I am sure the guys who owned it made a killing selling to the developers. Who built the homes right as the economy tanked.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #76: January 09, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »
This place was called Powerline. Right by I95. Probably opened about 1995. And closed around 2008. I am sure the guys who owned it made a killing selling to the developers. Who built the homes right as the economy tanked.

I saw Woody one day at the food store.    They had started working on Route 7 and his entrance was messed up.    So, he decided to bail out for retirement funds.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #77: January 09, 2017, 05:17:13 PM »

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline mitlen

Offline Mr Clean

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #83: February 01, 2017, 02:21:52 PM »
What team will move there? Potomac? Hagerstown?

Hope it's not Hagerstown. I enjoy going there.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #84: February 01, 2017, 02:24:32 PM »

Originally proposed as an indy back when the stadium idea was first floated   ....   years ago.     My first thought was Potomac with this new proposal.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #85: February 01, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »
Originally proposed as an indy back when the stadium idea was first floated   ....   years ago.     My first thought was Potomac with this new proposal.
You'll have to fight us for it.  :stir:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #86: February 01, 2017, 02:43:27 PM »

Welp, it'll move them closer to me that way. Nice trip over on the ferry.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #87: February 01, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »
Welp, it'll move them closer to me that way. Nice trip over on the ferry.

It could be a part time job for me.     :)

Offline imref

« Reply #88: February 01, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »
I don't see PW letting Potomac leave,  but it would be a better location for me personally than Woodbridge. :)

Offline mitlen

« Reply #89: February 01, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
I don't see PW letting Potomac leave,  but it would be a better location for me personally than Woodbridge. :)

I think the Nats (big club) are over PW.     If the options are right, the P-Nats are gone.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #90: February 01, 2017, 03:10:29 PM »
i dont see any county around here spendimg serious money for a single a team

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #91: February 01, 2017, 03:19:30 PM »
Here we go  ....   again.     

http://www.loudountimes.com/news/article/minor_league_baseball_talks_returns_to_loudoun_county543

I think the Nats (big club) are over PW.     If the options are right, the P-Nats are gone.
How about Harrisburg? Yeah, AA ball!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #92: February 01, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
What team will move there? Potomac? Hagerstown?How about Harrisburg? Yeah, AA ball!

Harrisburg would probably over crowd the market with Frederick, Hagerstown, Bowie, Potomac, the indie in Southern MD (Blue Crabs?) and the Nats (big club).

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #93: February 01, 2017, 03:31:16 PM »
Other than the flooding, Harrisburg has a pretty sweet setup and a good following.

Syracuse, anyone? Who needs your spare parts 500 miles away?-

What team will move there? Potomac? Hagerstown?How about Harrisburg? Yeah, AA ball!

Offline imref

« Reply #94: February 01, 2017, 03:32:13 PM »

You are probably right.  Silber would still have a club in Woodbridge, it just wouldn't be affiliated with the Nats, probably leaving Prince William County in the lurch to cover the cost of the stadium.

Loudoun Nationals sounds pretty good.  Who wants to meet at Top Golf before the game?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #95: February 01, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
You are probably right.  Silber would still have a club in Woodbridge, it just wouldn't be affiliated with the Nats, probably leaving Prince William County in the lurch to cover the cost of the stadium.

Loudoun Nationals sounds pretty good.  Who wants to meet at Top Golf before the game?

They could remain "Potomac".     Pretty close to the river (few miles and maybe closer than the current location).    Could do Top Golf and the indoor "flight/free fall" room next door.

http://www.indoorskydivingsource.com/tunnels/ifly-loudoun/

Offline imref

« Reply #96: February 01, 2017, 03:37:14 PM »
They could remain "Potomac".     Pretty close to the river (few miles and maybe closer than the current location).    Could do Top Golf and the indoor "flight/free fall" room next door.

I'm guessing Silber has the rights to the Potomac name.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #97: February 01, 2017, 10:42:26 PM »
I'm guessing Silber has the rights to the Potomac name.
Silber owns the franchise. The only one who can move that franchise is Silber.

Now, Silber is playing under an exemption from the Carolina League, an exemption because Pfitzner does not meet minimum Carolina League standards. An exemption that I would expect to be expiring. So, if Loudoun builds him a stadium, I could see him moving there.

Offline imref

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #99: March 03, 2017, 08:37:17 AM »
Got the following email today; sounds like they are expecting much opposition at the hearing next week.

"To our many friends……..

For 32 years we’ve been bringing Potomac Nationals baseball to you, your families and friends. We’re proud of the heritage that has produced over 300 major league baseball players and four National League Most Valuable Players that have worn our uniform…..Barry Bonds, Albert Pujols, Joey Votto and Bryce Harper. Our affiliation with the Washington Nationals has given you the opportunity to see their stars of the future.

We’ve provided thousands of first jobs to the young people of the community, retirees, interns and returning veterans.

We’ve provided support to every segment of the community through our school wide reading program, drug awareness initiatives, the thousands of little leaguers honored at our games, thousands in scouting who’ve participated in a multi-generational event of camping on our field after games for more than 20 years. We’ve been available to support almost every non-profit and health related service in the area.

Our goal has always been to provide affordable family entertainment that will produce joy, excitement and memories that will last forever.

For the last few years we have been playing under a waiver issued by Minor League Baseball that expires after the 2018 season as Pfitzner stadium does not meet the minimum facility requirements of a minor league ballpark.

Thus, we’ve undertaken years of effort to find a new location in Prince William County and now believe that we have the best opportunity to create a truly unique ballpark and community venue at the Potomac Town Center in Woodbridge.

Next Tuesday evening, March 7th at 7:30 PM, the Prince William County Board of Supervisors will vote on entering into a Letter of Intent between ourselves, the County and the owner of the Potomac Town center.

We’ve always said we would pay for the ballpark and the agreement would have us pay $75 million over 30 years which includes principal, interest and all the operating expense. 

Prince William County will have absolutely no expense for the construction and operation of the ballpark.

This would be the only ballpark deal in the nation where the local government entity would have no cost, and would permit a long-term community partner to continue to operate in and serve the Prince William community. However, there are those who are opposed.

We need your support and friendship and ask that you come to the Board Meeting next Tuesday night at 7:30 at the McCoart Administrative Building at 1 County Complex Court, Prince William, VA  22192.   We are first on the agenda and if you wish to speak, time will be provided at the beginning of the meeting.  We will have a personal briefing starting at 6:00 p.m. at Pfitzner Stadium to answer your questions and review the agreement.  Food will be served.

You have supported us, but now we need your help. Please join us next Tuesday evening and rsvp to pnats@potomacnationals.com

Sincerely,

Art Silber       
Potomac Nationals "

A