Author Topic: Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers  (Read 24062 times)

Offline Fallopian Desmond

Re: Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers
« Reply #500: December 08, 2013, 11:54:14 PM »
DOUG FISTER A.K.A. THUG FISTER A.K.A. MISTER FIST-YOUR-SISTER A.K.A. 60 FEET AND SIX INCHES PLUS NINE MORE INCHES IFUFEELME A.K.A. THE MERCED MAVERICK A.K.A. MOTOR CITY MOTORMOUTH A.K.A. AK47 DOUG A.K.A. THE KEYSER SOZE OF BASEBALL A.K.A. THE RON ARTEST OF POTTERY

I DON'T EVEN THINK THE PHILLIES UNDERSTAND WHO THEY GET TO SEE STANDING ON THE MOUND. IT'LL BE LIKE BEING ON LSD AND SEEING ICHABOD CRANE ON HALLOWEEN WITH A JACK-O-LANTERN IN HIS RIGHT HAND AND INSIDE OF THAT JACK-O-LANTERN IS VANCE WORLEY'S WIFE'S HEAD. ACTUALLY I THINK VANCE "PLAYS" FOR THE TWINS NOW AND HE MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A WIFE BUT IT STILL SENDS A MESSAGE

DOUG FISTER IS THE TYPE OF GUY TO GO ON CRAIGSLIST AND PRETEND TO SELL YOU AN OTTOMAN AND THEN PARLAY YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE INTO A TREASURE TROVE OF INFORMATION AND THEN SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR IN THE MASK OF THAT THING FROM THE SAW MOVIES AND STEAL THE POSTCARD FROM YOUR NEPHEW AND THEN HEADBUTT YOU IN THE KIDNEY

PEOPLE ARE ALREADY HOLDING HIM BACK IN THE DUGOUT

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #501: December 09, 2013, 12:03:49 AM »
DOUG FISTER A.K.A. THUG FISTER A.K.A. MISTER FIST-YOUR-SISTER A.K.A. 60 FEET AND SIX INCHES PLUS NINE MORE INCHES IFUFEELME A.K.A. THE MERCED MAVERICK A.K.A. MOTOR CITY MOTORMOUTH A.K.A. AK47 DOUG A.K.A. THE KEYSER SOZE OF BASEBALL A.K.A. THE RON ARTEST OF POTTERY

I DON'T EVEN THINK THE PHILLIES UNDERSTAND WHO THEY GET TO SEE STANDING ON THE MOUND. IT'LL BE LIKE BEING ON LSD AND SEEING ICHABOD CRANE ON HALLOWEEN WITH A JACK-O-LANTERN IN HIS RIGHT HAND AND INSIDE OF THAT JACK-O-LANTERN IS VANCE WORLEY'S WIFE'S HEAD. ACTUALLY I THINK VANCE "PLAYS" FOR THE TWINS NOW AND HE MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A WIFE BUT IT STILL SENDS A MESSAGE

DOUG FISTER IS THE TYPE OF GUY TO GO ON CRAIGSLIST AND PRETEND TO SELL YOU AN OTTOMAN AND THEN PARLAY YOUR EMAIL SIGNATURE INTO A TREASURE TROVE OF INFORMATION AND THEN SHOW UP AT YOUR DOOR IN THE MASK OF THAT THING FROM THE SAW MOVIES AND STEAL THE POSTCARD FROM YOUR NEPHEW AND THEN HEADBUTT YOU IN THE KIDNEY

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
greatest post since the Strasburg action figure review

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #502: December 09, 2013, 12:13:20 AM »
Also
ACTUALLY I THINK VANCE "PLAYS" FOR THE TWINS NOW AND HE MAY NOT EVEN HAVE A WIFE BUT IT STILL SENDS A MESSAGE

Offline Fallopian Desmond

« Reply #503: December 09, 2013, 12:17:44 AM »
Also(Image removed from quote.)

HE DONE GOOD FOR A DUDE WHOSE FACIAL HAIR LOOKS LIKE A MOUSTACHE THAT LOST TRACTION

Offline amanuel

• what the hell is going on out there?
    • RBSL
« Reply #504: December 09, 2013, 12:54:27 AM »
#AkaTheRonArtestOfPottery  :rofl:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #505: December 09, 2013, 01:11:07 AM »

This can't be quoted enough

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #506: December 09, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
Think we could've pulled off Rendon, Lombo, Ray, Krol, and maybe Cole for Fielder and Fister?
I think that's an overpay. Rendon, Krol, and Lombo would have been enough.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #507: December 09, 2013, 10:38:46 AM »
#AkaTheRonArtestOfPottery  :rofl:
From now on, every time I refer to the Nationals pitcher who was just acquired from the Tigers, it will be as The Ron Artest of Pottery.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #508: December 09, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »
We haven't had all-caps like that since Nospinzone left for that great exile in the sky.    :lol:

Offline PC

« Reply #509: December 18, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
When precisely is he going to be introduced?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #510: November 18, 2021, 06:52:30 AM »
Robbie Ray wins the 2021 AL Cy Young

Online hotshot

« Reply #511: November 18, 2021, 08:02:11 AM »
Robbie Ray wins the 2021 AL Cy Young
I still don't like him in a big spot.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #512: November 18, 2021, 08:03:44 AM »
Nstaapp

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #513: November 18, 2021, 10:25:25 AM »
Glad the proposed Rendon for Prince Fielder trade didn't happen.

Offline imref

« Reply #514: November 18, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
Ray's ERA over the years is quite the journey:
2014: 8.16
2015: 3.52
2016: 4.90
2017: 2.89
2018: 3.93
2019: 4.34
2020: 6.62
2021: 2.84

Prior to this year, he had never thrown more than 175 innings in a season, this was the one year where he finally put it together with 193.1 IP. 

Still the right move (and an absolute steal) trading him for Fister (who posted a 2.41 ERA in 164 IP and a 16-6 record in 2014)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #515: November 18, 2021, 10:58:00 AM »
Yeah Fister fell of a cliff, but that deal was a fleece.

Offline imref

« Reply #516: November 18, 2021, 10:58:38 AM »
Yeah Fister fell of a cliff, but that deal was a fleece.

Yep

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #517: November 18, 2021, 11:02:45 AM »
I've probably told this story before, but had the opportunity to chat with Rizzo after the Fister deal. He said he pulled a bait and switch - hammered Dombrowski with trade offers for Scherzer over and over again. Dombrowski wasn't interested at all. Then he switched the conversation, "Okay, okay. What about Fister?" and they had a deal in place in a couple minutes, with prospects he had been dangling in a potential Scherzer deal.

This conversation was before we signed Scherzer, obviously.