Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 3  (Read 21514 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals vs. Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #100: September 21, 2013, 11:59:37 PM »
I have an iphone and can masturbate for hours

OK then, as long as you don't have a wide stance while you're in there.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #101: September 22, 2013, 12:05:49 AM »
OK then, as long as you don't have a wide stance while you're in there.
open or closed stance?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #102: September 22, 2013, 12:07:34 AM »
Go hide in a bathroom stall and be quiet as freak.

bring a clip board and also attach some sort of name tag to your shirt, then just walk around for two hours inspecting stuff and making notes on your clip board.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #103: September 22, 2013, 12:10:12 AM »

Ticket Holder Advisory: Nationals-Marlins Game Postponed

View as a web page     |     Visit nationals.com
September 22, 2013

Tonight's Nationals-Marlins Game
at Nationals Park Postponed

Tonight's Nationals-Marlins game scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m. at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C., has been postponed due to inclement weather.

The team will play a split doubleheader on Sunday, September 22 with tonight's make-up game beginning at 7:05 p.m. The first regularly scheduled game will begin at 1:35 p.m. All gates for the second 7:05 p.m. game will open 1.5 hours after the last out of the 1:35 p.m. game or 6:00 p.m., whichever is later.* The two games against the Marlins on September 22 will require separate admission.

Unfortunately, the NatsLive Free Postgame Concert featuring Montgomery Gentry was unable to be rescheduled for Sunday.

Fans with game tickets to Saturday's postponed contest may use their original tickets for the 7:05 p.m. rescheduled game on September 22. Those unable to attend the 7:05 p.m. game on September 22 can exchange their tickets for any Prime, Regular or Value Game during the 2014 regular season, excluding Opening Day and Marquee Games. Exchanged tickets will be issued from available inventory in the closest pricing category of equal or lesser value to the original seats.**

Season Plan Holders, whose Season Plan includes seats for tonight's postponed game, will have their Card automatically activated for the September 22 contest at 7:05 p.m. Season Plan Holders who wish to transfer or forward seats for this make-up game should login to nationals.com/access to view their seats. Season Plan Holders who cannot attend the 7:05 p.m. game on September 22 may exchange their seats for any game during the 2014 regular season excluding Opening Day at the Nationals Park Box Office.**

In the event that a seat for tonight's game was forwarded from a Season Plan Holder Card to a print at home ticket, the print at home barcode will be active for the rescheduled game and will not return to the Card; as such, fans should retain their print at home tickets from tonight's postponed game to gain entrance to the 7:05 p.m. contest on September 22.

For more information on exchanging tickets purchased through nationals.com or the Nationals telephone charge line, please call 202.675.NATS(6287). Tomorrow, the Nationals Park Box Office will open at 9:00 a.m. Box office hours on non-gamedays are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. until the end of the 2013 Nationals regular season.

* First pitch, gate times and parking access for the second game are subject to change based on the conclusion of the first game.

** All postponed game exchanges are subject to availability and exclude any potential tie-breaker games. 2014 exchanges may be redeemed at Nationals Park Box Office once 2014 single game tickets go on sale.

CONNECT WITH THE NATIONALS                                          

SCHEDULE    |    NEWS    |    BALLPARK    |    FAN FORUM    |    COMMUNITY    |    FANTASY    |    MOBILE    |    SHOP    |    TICKETS

© 2013 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks, service marks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved. Any other marks used herein are trademarks of their respective owners.

Please review our privacy policy »

You are receiving this message because you are a ticket holder for the Nationals vs. Marlins game on September 21, 2013.
E-mail is our primary means of relaying service-related information to our ticket holders.

Postal Address: nationals.com, c/o MLB Advanced Media, L.P., 75 Ninth Avenue, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10011.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #104: September 22, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »
Sorry to anyone who got stuck at the park for hours on end tonight but since I'll actually be able to watch tomorrow night this is awesomely fun news for me :)

Offline Coladar

« Reply #105: September 22, 2013, 04:12:40 AM »
Three questions in the aftermath of last night's cluster fluster -

1. Will the 7pm game be blacked out on television due to the exclusivity of Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN?

2. Has any sort of explanation been released by any sort of official person (if only anonymously via the Post), whether from the Nationals or MLB, on exactly what the holy f*** they were thinking between 7pm and 11pm?

3. For those woeful few who outlasted me (I left at 8:30pm upon seeing the writing on the wall), did those asshats ever start communicating with the fans regarding... anything? I couldn't believe that it was only the Reds/Pirates game on the big screen, absent any sort of information or message from the FO; nada over the PA system the entire time I was there.

I read in this thread that they forced everybody onto the ground level, so apparently at some point somebody, somewhere, did their jobs and told fans something prior to announcing the cancelation.

If you're gonna screw everybody that came out to support the team and pillage them of their Saturday night while robbing them of cash at concessions, the least you can do is offer them updates with some basic information. In years past it was usually, "Heavy rain incoming in another 30 minutes. Head to the concourse if you want to stay dry." "The game is in a rain delay, but we hope to still get the game in. ETA is unknown."

The fact they couldn't do that really pissed me off as time wore on. That's actually what clued me in that it was time to go at 8:30pm - it became clear amidst being left incommunicado that those idiots were going to screw this up as much as they possibly could. Sure enough, four hours of delaying the game met by a cancelation the second the rain stops; having the Marlins announce it on their Twittily Dittily 15 freaking minutes before the crowd gets told. Hello, incompetence...

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #106: September 22, 2013, 05:24:07 AM »
The Post writes this morning:

The Nationals will finish their 2013 home schedule with a Sunday split doubleheader, with Game 1 starting at 1:35 p.m. and Game 2 coming at 7:05 p.m. Both games will be televised on MASN.

Three questions in the aftermath of last night's cluster fluster -

1. Will the 7pm game be blacked out on television due to the exclusivity of Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #107: September 22, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
I wasn't at the ballpark yesterday (sold ticket some time ago) but it was raining when I left for the Mystics match in the late afternoon and it was still raining when that match let out a bit after 21.00, and I thought 'no way they're getting tonight's Nats match in'. I know they try to move heaven and earth to get these matches in, especially if they're still relevant to post-season qualification...but they didn't call it till 23.00???

And I note that they made everyone move downstairs. Nats Park just wasn;t built for rain delays with the attendances we've been pulling this season - so much of the upper level concourse is open and the rain just cascades in. It was getting to the point that I'd check weather.com and if their prediction for the matchnight was 50% or higher chance of rain I just put the ticket on StubHub - with my transit situation along with the crowding problems this season, I really can't do rain delays.

Even though the Mystics laid an egg last night (the less said the better) I think I had a better night than those stuck at the ballpark.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #108: September 22, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
Hello, incompetence...

Not to be dismissive, but this is MLB/Nats SOP.    After the Navy Yard decision making mess, my expectations for MLB/Nats making appropriate and timely decisions is non-existent.    You won't get "official" responses Coladar.

(I was gonna be facetious and wonder if Bryce could get an answer.   He could probably answer his own questions about why fans don't come out on occasion.    If the conditions aren't perfect, it's every man/woman for him/herself.)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #109: September 22, 2013, 01:33:04 PM »
So is the GDT for today's first game?  If so:

1. Chris Coghlan (L) LF
2. Donovan Solano (R) 2B
3. Christian Yelich (L) CF
4. Giancarlo Stanton (R) RF
5. Logan Morrison (L) 1B
6. Placido Polanco (R) 3B
7. Adeiny Hechavarria (R) SS
8. Jeff Mathis (R) C
9. Tom Koehler (R) P

1. Denard Span (L) CF
2. Ryan Zimmerman (R) 3B
3. Jayson Werth (R) RF
4. Bryce Harper (L) LF
5. Ian Desmond (R) SS
6. Adam LaRoche (L) 1B
7. Steve Lombardozzi (S) 2B
8. Jhonatan Solano (R) C
9. Dan Haren (R) P

Offline heeman82

« Reply #110: September 22, 2013, 01:36:39 PM »
Let's go Nats

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #111: September 22, 2013, 01:39:14 PM »
Stupid double header screwed up the schedule and now I can't watch the game on vipbox  :'(

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #112: September 22, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »
Season

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #113: September 22, 2013, 01:42:10 PM »
Dan Haren does what Dan Haren does.

Why did you throw him a fastball? Why not walk with him first base open???

Offline KV

• Believe!
« Reply #114: September 22, 2013, 01:43:42 PM »
I hate Dan Haren.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #115: September 22, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »
Total disaster. Reds up 5-0 in the first inning.

Miserable start to the day for the Nats. It's all over.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #116: September 22, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »
Werth has gone cold. Time to shuffle the lineup again

Offline Slateman

« Reply #117: September 22, 2013, 02:21:36 PM »
Bats are gone. It was a nice hot streak

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #118: September 22, 2013, 02:22:59 PM »
The Nats don't give a freak.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #119: September 22, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
DFA Haren in the middle of the game. It's what George Von Steingrabber would have done...and one of the few times I would agree.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #120: September 22, 2013, 02:32:53 PM »
Statistically, this Marlins guy is a bad pitcher...will the Nats start to hit now??

Offline Slateman

« Reply #121: September 22, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
Bryce Harper clearly a fan of Katy Perry's boobies

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #122: September 22, 2013, 02:40:40 PM »
Just tuned in.   Looks like I should've tuned out a while longer.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #123: September 22, 2013, 02:41:03 PM »
Bryce Harper clearly a fan of Katy Perry's boobies

who ain't?

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #124: September 22, 2013, 02:52:42 PM »
Is Rick Eckstein making a cameo today as our batting coach?