Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 3  (Read 21551 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Nationals vs. Marlins, Game 3
« Reply #100: September 22, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
I wasn't at the ballpark yesterday (sold ticket some time ago) but it was raining when I left for the Mystics match in the late afternoon and it was still raining when that match let out a bit after 21.00, and I thought 'no way they're getting tonight's Nats match in'. I know they try to move heaven and earth to get these matches in, especially if they're still relevant to post-season qualification...but they didn't call it till 23.00???

And I note that they made everyone move downstairs. Nats Park just wasn;t built for rain delays with the attendances we've been pulling this season - so much of the upper level concourse is open and the rain just cascades in. It was getting to the point that I'd check weather.com and if their prediction for the matchnight was 50% or higher chance of rain I just put the ticket on StubHub - with my transit situation along with the crowding problems this season, I really can't do rain delays.

Even though the Mystics laid an egg last night (the less said the better) I think I had a better night than those stuck at the ballpark.