Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets - Game 4  (Read 25819 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Nationals @ Mets - Game 4
« Reply #25: September 12, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
Well, remember, he's just been dogging it and using running into the wall as a cheap excuse...

(tongue firmly planted in cheek)

FTFY.  Harper's been awful.  Worse than LaRoche.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #26: September 12, 2013, 01:21:22 PM »
There is no such thing as a 'Baltimore-Washington' or 'Washington-Baltimore' area...there are a Washington area and a Baltimore area that overlap.

The only entity that can legitimately be called 'Baltimore-Washington' is the parkway.

Friendship Airport.   :)

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #27: September 12, 2013, 01:23:12 PM »
Wow assuming Ramos makes it through the rest of this season healthy I like him coming into 2014.  21 straight games??  Impressive for any catcher.   

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #28: September 12, 2013, 01:23:58 PM »

I lived in this area in the 60's when that airport still went by that name - made a lot more sense than 'Baltimore-Washington International' (10mi from Baltimore, 30mi from Washington - whose airport is it really?) - and now that it's been re-named for Thurgood Marshall they can really dispense with the 'BWI' name altogether.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #29: September 12, 2013, 01:29:30 PM »
Spider, ninja edit?

• babble on
« Reply #30: September 12, 2013, 01:30:01 PM »
Glen Burnie International Airport

I lived in this area in the 60's when that airport still went by that name - made a lot more sense than 'Baltimore-Washington International' (10mi from Baltimore, 30mi from Washington - whose airport is it really?) - and now that it's been re-named for Thurgood Marshall they can really dispense with the 'BWI' name altogether.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #31: September 12, 2013, 01:31:01 PM »

I never knew it was called that.  :rofl:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #32: September 12, 2013, 01:31:53 PM »
Spider, ninja edit?

Yeah I replied before flipping to the next page where some of you had addressed the topic I had posted about but with fuller better knowledge.   :-[

Offline PC

« Reply #33: September 12, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »

Offline spidernat

« Reply #34: September 12, 2013, 01:32:53 PM »
delay

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #35: September 12, 2013, 01:33:14 PM »
This storm hammered us early this morning.  The thunder was louder than I've ever heard anywhere.  The rain was so heavy it sounded like hail. 

Luckily it sounds like a short delay in NY. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #36: September 12, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »
When the rain comes.
They run and hide their heads.
They might as well be dead.
When the rain comes.

Offline PC

« Reply #37: September 12, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
It would have been nice to delay the start of the game instead of risking burning your starter after an inning.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #38: September 12, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »
It would have been nice to delay the start of the game instead of risking burning your starter after an inning.

Good thing it's September.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #39: September 12, 2013, 01:46:13 PM »
boooo rush back from lunch and there's a delay :(  any idea when they're resuming play??

• babble on
« Reply #40: September 12, 2013, 01:50:35 PM »
Radar looks pretty clear after this band

Offline pazzo83

« Reply #41: September 12, 2013, 01:51:31 PM »
Radar looks pretty clear after this band

Yea it's just cloudy just to the west here in midtown.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #42: September 12, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »
Charlie and Dave just read my question on the air but didn't answer it.    :lmao:

• babble on
« Reply #43: September 12, 2013, 02:03:07 PM »
What was the question? 
Charlie and Dave just read my question on the air but didn't answer it.    :lmao:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #44: September 12, 2013, 02:04:27 PM »
What was the question? 

Are you listening?  It was the Werth contract question...

• babble on
« Reply #45: September 12, 2013, 02:05:33 PM »
No...I've actually gone back to listening to MASN after a long hiatus.  FP grates on me a lot less than he used to. 
Are you listening?  It was the Werth contract question...

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #46: September 12, 2013, 02:08:30 PM »
No...I've actually gone back to listening to MASN after a long hiatus.  FP grates on me a lot less than he used to. 

I've heard some folks wonder about whether or not the Nationals should just eat the Jayson Werth contract and find a taker for him and get rid of him.  The idea stems from a belief that his contract is too big and that free agents are never worth the money their signed to.

I find the idea of dumping Werth preposterous but it did get me to thinking about some of the big name free agents over the past five years and it's tough for me to come up with a name that is more "Werth" his contract than Jayson Werth.  The only name I can come up with in terms of value for his contrat is Prince Fielder.  Am I missing anything here?

Also, #WerthforMVP.

Thanks guys, I may be biased, but you're the best broadcast team in baseball - radio or television.

-----------

They focused solely on where I heard that people think we should dump Werth and didn't address the free agent discussion which was my question.  Perhaps I should have qualified that by saying that I live near NY and Boston and most people's opinions are formed by local media sources who have made the discussion.  :?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #47: September 12, 2013, 02:10:09 PM »
Someone wrote about this a few weeks ago, but Werth is having the best year of any of the 32 or older big-name free agents signed in the last few years to $100 million contracts.

McCutcheon is the MVP, but Werth will get some votes and might pick up a silver slugger for RF.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #48: September 12, 2013, 02:11:55 PM »
Someone wrote about this a few weeks ago, but Werth is having the best year of any of the 32 or older big-name free agents signed in the last few years to $100 million contracts.

McCutcheon is the MVP, but Werth will get some votes and might pick up a silver slugger for RF.

But my point is that it's not just this year - it seems as though he's been worth every penny - even during his struggles in year #1.

• babble on
« Reply #49: September 12, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
i think eating Werth's contract is a story engineered by the Philadelphia Inquirer
I've heard some folks wonder about whether or not the Nationals should just eat the Jayson Werth contract and find a taker for him and get rid of him.  The idea stems from a belief that his contract is too big and that free agents are never worth the money their signed to.

I find the idea of dumping Werth preposterous but it did get me to thinking about some of the big name free agents overr the past five years and it's tough for me to come up with a name that is more "Werth" his contract than Jayson Werth.  The only name I can come up with in terms of value for his contrat is Prince Fielder.  Am I missing anything here?

Also, #WerthforMVP.

Thanks guys, I may be biased, but you're the best broadcast team in baseball - radio or television.

-----------

They focused solely on where I heard that people think we should dump Werth and didn't address the free agent discussion which was my question.  Perhaps I should have qualified that by saying that I live near NY and Boston and most people's opinions are formed by local media sources who have made the discussion.  :?