Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets - Game 4  (Read 26029 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Re: Nationals @ Mets - Game 4
« Reply #25: September 12, 2013, 02:12:42 PM »
i think eating Werth's contract is a story engineered by the Philadelphia Inquirer
I've heard some folks wonder about whether or not the Nationals should just eat the Jayson Werth contract and find a taker for him and get rid of him.  The idea stems from a belief that his contract is too big and that free agents are never worth the money their signed to.

I find the idea of dumping Werth preposterous but it did get me to thinking about some of the big name free agents overr the past five years and it's tough for me to come up with a name that is more "Werth" his contract than Jayson Werth.  The only name I can come up with in terms of value for his contrat is Prince Fielder.  Am I missing anything here?

Also, #WerthforMVP.

Thanks guys, I may be biased, but you're the best broadcast team in baseball - radio or television.

-----------

They focused solely on where I heard that people think we should dump Werth and didn't address the free agent discussion which was my question.  Perhaps I should have qualified that by saying that I live near NY and Boston and most people's opinions are formed by local media sources who have made the discussion.  :?