Author Topic: Offseason moves?  (Read 144749 times)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Re: Offseason moves?
« Reply #175: August 08, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
slate for gm

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #176: August 08, 2013, 02:32:15 PM »
slate for gm

Fire Slate thread started soon after

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #177: August 08, 2013, 02:32:50 PM »
Fire Slate thread started soon after

Well, of course. This is WNFF we're talking about! But at least you'll be more fan friendly. Maybe tell the owners to host an MDS night where all of the players wear jerseys with needledick and #69 on them.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #178: August 08, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »
Getting Price would be nice but it would only hurt more when we have 4_ACES_R_U_KIDDING and we can't get a single win for any of them.

:crackup:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #179: August 08, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »
The season is, officially, over. We need to do several things to prepare for next season.

So, our lineup looks like this:

RF - Choo
3B - Rendon
CF - Harper
1B - Zimmerman
LF - Werth
SS - Desmond
C - Ramos
2B - Espinosa/Lombo

Bench:
Lombo/Espinosa
Eury Perez
Tyler Moore
Scot Hariston
Kurt Suzuki

Looking at the lineup and the bench, you've basically swapped out Span for Choo. And 2B for LaRoche.

I don't think you've made much improvement here.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #180: August 08, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »
slate for gm

If Slate is GM, can I be manager. I promise to consult wnff.net on lineups and I'll be a great club house leader.... plus I'll promise to get tossed AT LEAST once a week.... even more if the calls are bullcrap. I'll be loud enough to hear on the MASN feed and my rants will be worth the cost of admission in and of themselves.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #181: August 08, 2013, 03:28:23 PM »
If Slate is GM, can I be manager. I promise to consult wnff.net on lineups and I'll be a great club house leader.... plus I'll promise to get tossed AT LEAST once a week.... even more if the calls are bullcrap. I'll be loud enough to hear on the MASN feed and my rants will be worth the cost of admission in and of themselves.
What will happen when Jayson Werth finds you with his sideline reporter?

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #182: August 08, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »
Looking at the lineup and the bench, you've basically swapped out Span for Choo. And 2B for LaRoche.

There's really nothing else that can be done, though. And Choo is definitely an improvement over Span. Same with getting LaRoche out of the 4-5 spot.

You can definitely be manager. Just have a laptop down in the dugout so we can create polls on which pitcher you should bring in and whether or not you should throw in the white flag because PC and Sportsfan had called "Game".

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #183: August 08, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
There's really nothing else that can be done, though. And Choo is definitely an improvement over Span. Same with getting LaRoche out of the 4-5 spot.

You can definitely be manager. Just have a laptop down in the dugout so we can create polls on which pitcher you should bring in and whether or not you should throw in the white flag because PC and Sportsfan had called "Game".

I'll never wave a white flag.... PC and SF just carry rolled up white flags where their balls used to be. It's pathetic really.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #184: August 08, 2013, 03:46:16 PM »
I'll never wave a white flag.... PC and SF just carry rolled up white flags where their balls used to be. It's pathetic really.

Oh right. I guess I'm confusing Davey for that role.

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #185: August 08, 2013, 03:58:01 PM »
My take is that Espinosa isn't a National next year.  I think the team is more committed to seeing Ryan Zimmerman fix his fielding at 3B then to move him to 1B, most due to the lack of strong 2B/3B bats outside of Cano, Howie Kendrick or potentially Chase Headley.

I expect Span to still be here due to his defense and he might turn it around a bit.  I don't think LaRoche can be traded, due to his value and money owed.  I'd pay him 12 Million to play somewhere else though, even if it's with himself in Kansas.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #186: August 08, 2013, 04:25:33 PM »

Choo is heads and shoulders better than Span. Laroche is OPSing .730. Frankly, it's not worth having him on the team if he can't hit to his career average. He's 34, he isn't going to magically get better. It's time to move on. The alternative might be trading for Headley or Kendrick.

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #187: August 08, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Here's what I think we should roll with next year:

RF: He's here for the long haul, I think we should stick with Jayson Werth there.
LF: I'm sticking with Harper because I like his strong arm there, I could see him getting a good number of assists from there.
CF: I don't think you can stick with just defense in CF right now in the MLB, I think we need more HR potential, so I say we get Adam Dunn in the offseason.
1B: Move Zimmermann to 1st, I like his bat there and we don't want to wear out his neck.
2B: I think we need a lefty bat here, and I'd like some more speed in the lineup, so I'm rolling with Bernadina. I know it's risky him throwing lefty, but I believe in the Shark.
SS: He can be infuriating to watch bat sometimes, but he's a good batter for the position and has good defense, so I'm going with Chad Tracy here.
3B: We need to ensure he sticks around a long time, and I think third will prolong him, so Ian Desmond.
C: I don't trust Ramos to be healthy. I want a player more defensive like Suzuki, but a bat with more power like Ramos. I say we bring back Jesus Flores who could do a little of both.

Zimmerman moves to pinch-hitter player manager. The upside of this roster is that it wouldn't take much from the outside to assemble, and the guys it would take to sign could probably come cheap.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #188: August 08, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »

CF: I don't think you can stick with just defense in CF right now in the MLB, I think we need more HR potential, so I say we get Adam Dunn in the offseason.

Darn. I thought this was going to be a serious post, till I got to this.

Offline natasaurus

« Reply #189: August 08, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Here's what I think we should roll with next year:

RF: He's here for the long haul, I think we should stick with Jayson Werth there.
LF: I'm sticking with Harper because I like his strong arm there, I could see him getting a good number of assists from there.
1B: Move Zimmermann to 1st, I like his bat there and we don't want to wear out his neck.
2B: I think we need a lefty bat here, and I'd like some more speed in the lineup, so I'm rolling with Bernadina. I know it's risky him throwing lefty, but I believe in the Shark.
SS: He can be infuriating to watch bat sometimes, but he's a good batter for the position and has good defense, so I'm going with Chad Tracy here.
3B: We need to ensure he sticks around a long time, and I think third will prolong him, so Ian Desmond.
C: I don't trust Ramos to be healthy. I want a player more defensive like Suzuki, but a bat with more power like Ramos. I say we bring back Jesus Flores who could do a little of both.

Zimmerman moves to pinch-hitter player manager. The upside of this roster is that it wouldn't take much from the outside to assemble, and the guys it would take to sign could probably come cheap.

You're neglecting the rotation though. If Zimmermann moves to first, then we need to get another pitcher. 

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #190: August 08, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »
You're neglecting the rotation though. If Zimmermann moves to first, then we need to get another pitcher.

Yeah, damn, I forgot about that. Too bad Maya's garbage and getting paid so much. Do you think McCatty wants to get back in the game?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #191: August 08, 2013, 05:42:45 PM »
Quote from: Copecwby20 link=topic=29685.msg12928[color=blue
[/color]07#msg1292807 date=1375990004]

:shock:  With you that could mean something totally unrelated to baseball and not something we want to see.

Offline MorseTheHorse

« Reply #192: August 08, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »
bahahahahaha I"m laughing at all the great posts in this thread.  Thanks for keeping me sane WNFF!

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #193: August 08, 2013, 08:00:57 PM »
:shock:  With you that could mean something totally unrelated to baseball and not something we want to see.

:spit:

Offline Slateman

« Reply #194: August 08, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »

Bow chick-a-wow-wow

Offline nobleisthyname

« Reply #195: August 08, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he meant.

Offline sph274

« Reply #196: August 08, 2013, 08:37:07 PM »
Lets sign Nelson Cruz on a short term deal to prove he can hit without PEDs. Or freak, maybe 2-3 years as a big bopper in LF.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #197: August 08, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Lets sign Nelson Cruz on a short term deal to prove he can hit without PEDs. Or freak, maybe 2-3 years as a big bopper in LF.
What if he can't? :couch:

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #198: August 08, 2013, 08:40:44 PM »
Ya.... Hope the nats get a go manager. A little off topic here. Slate Orakpo is playing like garbabge? See ya on the skins forum. He just had a sack boy.

Offline sph274

« Reply #199: August 08, 2013, 08:41:18 PM »

you are right he hasnt been that good has he? it would essentially be signing morse again. we gotta get some older guys on shorter deals. i like beltran.