Author Topic: The Hunt for a Red October [Wait Until Next Year!]  (Read 66306 times)

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Re: The Hunt for a Red October
« Reply #250: August 02, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »
I just don't understand the appeal of going to another team's message board for any discussion.  That's why I come here and the Terps board I am a member of, or extremeskins.  I don't care about "insight" from another team's fans.  If I really want true insight on a rival, I would read their local sports pages.  I know some people are new to these interweb things, but most message board posters do not enjoy interacting with fans of rival teams.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

Other team's fans can also offer a realistic view of your team without a bias as long as they aren't just stirring crap up.  Most of the Barves fans here were doing just that until Nats fans got butt-hurt. 

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #251: August 02, 2013, 05:23:48 PM »
Other team's fans can also offer a realistic view of your team without a bias as long as they aren't just stirring crap up.  Most of the Barves fans here were doing just that until Nats fans got butt-hurt.

Who cares what another team's fan thinks?  I can form my own opinion about this team's shortcomings.  Just because I watch the braves play occasionally doesn't make me the expert to go to their board and tell them about it.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #252: August 02, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
Who cares what another team's fan thinks?  I can form my own opinion about this team's shortcomings.  Just because I watch the braves play occasionally doesn't make me the expert to go to their board and tell them about it.

Obviously, enough posters on this board care what other teams' fans think.

And you don't have to be "an expert" especially since nobody here is an "expert" about the Nats.  Observations from the outside can be most helpful.  It's called "criticism."

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #253: August 02, 2013, 05:34:39 PM »
Obviously, enough posters on this board care what other teams' fans think.

And you don't have to be "an expert" especially since nobody here is an "expert" about the Nats.  Observations from the outside can be most helpful.  It's called "criticism."

Right you proved my point.  We are fans.  They are not experts, and I don't pretend to be one about the nats.  Who goes on message boards to offer "criticism" to other fans?  Frankly I don't think most people care about their opinions, insights or criticisms anymore than they care about what their favorite tv show is.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #254: August 02, 2013, 05:50:31 PM »
Right you proved my point.  We are fans.  They are not experts, and I don't pretend to be one about the nats.  Who goes on message boards to offer "criticism" to other fans?  Frankly I don't think most people care about their opinions, insights or criticisms anymore than they care about what their favorite tv show is.

So the forum should just be a popularity contest where everyone blows smoke up each others' asses?

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #255: August 02, 2013, 06:25:00 PM »
I just don't understand the appeal of going to another team's message board for any discussion.  That's why I come here and the Terps board I am a member of, or extremeskins.  I don't care about "insight" from another team's fans.  If I really want true insight on a rival, I would read their local sports pages.  I know some people are new to these interweb things, but most message board posters do not enjoy interacting with fans of rival teams.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.

No I don't understand that because that is not true and I'm not new to "these interweb things". I frequent a few other boards and we welcome fans from other teams because they can offer an outsiders view on the team and not the common view from home fans on that board. They also can offer an insight to their own team. Mostly you do get trolls but you will also find some intelligent posters who don't have hate towards other people just because they cheer for a different team. It's called being a fan of the sport.

Offline Fallopian Desmond

« Reply #256: August 02, 2013, 06:37:50 PM »
My main objection is that I don't understand who has enough time on their hands to frequent message boards of their favorite teams AND that of their division rivals.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #257: August 02, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
There's a reason why Atlanta is not widely regarded as the economic engine driving the country. 

My main objection is that I don't understand who has enough time on their hands to frequent message boards of their favorite teams AND that of their division rivals.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #258: August 02, 2013, 07:57:19 PM »
I figured I'd start a thread to discuss what hopefully will be a playoff chase from here on out....

Zuck looks at our chances:

http://www.natsinsider.com/2013/07/is-it-still-possible-to-catch-braves.html

How about tracking the E # in the thread header?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #259: August 02, 2013, 09:01:47 PM »
:shock: Back to lurker status. Resume circle jerk.

Hey, it's better than dating your cousin, Billy Bob.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #260: August 02, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »
We have Stras, Gio and Zimmerman going against the Braves at home next week. If we don't sweep them I'd say it's over. If our best three can't get it done at home there's no way we can get to 9-2.
For the division, unless we take the last 9 from the Braves, it's probably already over. I still think the wild card is attainable.  that's a long way from over.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #261: August 02, 2013, 11:16:36 PM »
We have Stras, Gio and Zimmerman going against the Braves at home next week. If we don't sweep them I'd say it's over. If our best three can't get it done at home there's no way we can get to 9-2.
Those three guys can pitch absolute gems but it won't matter because the offense won't score runs and somebody from the pen will blow it late.

Offline PC

« Reply #262: August 03, 2013, 12:15:48 AM »
We're only 6.5 games back for the wild card. :shock:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #263: August 03, 2013, 12:17:26 AM »
We're only 6.5 games back for the wild card. :shock:

Like Harper said, "This crap ain't over."

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #264: August 03, 2013, 12:56:09 AM »

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #265: August 03, 2013, 07:43:48 AM »
Those are some ugly shirts, I'd sooner wear the blue one.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #266: August 03, 2013, 08:00:04 AM »
Not to mention absolutely stupid -  are you trying to say you're Davey Crockett sitting in the Alamo?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #267: August 03, 2013, 08:16:09 AM »

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #268: August 03, 2013, 08:32:29 AM »
For the division, unless we take the last 9 from the Braves, it's probably already over. I still think the wild card is attainable.  that's a long way from over.

Agreed

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #269: August 03, 2013, 08:50:32 AM »
Not to mention absolutely stupid -  are you trying to say you're Davey Crockett sitting in the Alamo?

Bryce is quickly turning into Ray Lewis Jr.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #270: August 03, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
Bryce is quickly turning into Ray Lewis Jr.

Is that supposed to be a good thing?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #271: August 03, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Isn't that supposed to be in Atlanta?  Look at the fan reaction.  :rofl:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #272: August 03, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
*cough* 8 in a row *cough*

This thread would only be appropriate for Barves fans if it was titled "The Hunt for a Redneck October." :rofl:

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
« Reply #273: August 03, 2013, 10:32:56 AM »
Isn't that supposed to be in Atlanta?  Look at the fan reaction.  :rofl:

I thought the same thing Minty.  Everyone appears to be applauding the ball dropping.   :shrug:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #274: August 03, 2013, 10:43:48 AM »
Trolling.

*cough* 8 in a row *cough*