Author Topic: The Hunt for a Red October [Wait Until Next Year!]  (Read 66307 times)

Offline Ace_1106

Re: The Hunt for a Red October
« Reply #225: August 02, 2013, 12:57:37 PM »
What's with the hate on the Braves? I remember reading several comments about how they sucked and yet they have a double digit lead on the Nats. They have been consistently good year after year so is that what the hate is about? Haven't been a Nats fan too long so maybe I don't understand but damn some of you get real butt hurt.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #226: August 02, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
Don't really understand why people are so spiteful. I'm here more as an impartial observer than a Braves Fan. I just use Atlanta as an example because that's why I know/I'm familiar with. As Stephen King (and countless other writers) said, "Write what you know". Hating someone based on what they support is extremely immature.

You are right. We hate Braves fans strictly based on what they post, which are thinly veiled boasts. That's why they're crawling all over this board like roaches this year and were nowhere to be found last year.

You know what's immature? Going another team's fan board and boasting when your team is going well.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #227: August 02, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »
What's with the hate on the Braves? I remember reading several comments about how they sucked and yet they have a double digit lead on the Nats. They have been consistently good year after year so is that what the hate is about? Haven't been a Nats fan too long so maybe I don't understand but damn some of you get real butt hurt.

NANF or PDBF. That would be Poorly Disguised Barves Fan. :rofl:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #228: August 02, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
I mean, you're right, I can't understand why a hated division rival isn't treated well when they infiltrate enemy territory either.  I'll never understand that one.

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #229: August 02, 2013, 01:08:49 PM »
I mean, you're right, I can't understand why a hated division rival isn't treated well when they infiltrate enemy territory either.  I'll never understand that one.

Lol so we are at war now? People take things way too serious.

Offline sph274

« Reply #230: August 02, 2013, 01:09:17 PM »

some braves fans have definitely been registering and posting pro-braves comments but referring to the nats as "we". that is the saddest crap i have ever seen.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #231: August 02, 2013, 01:10:23 PM »
Lol so we are at war now? People take things way too serious.
C'mon now, you're smarter than that, I'm assuming.

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #232: August 02, 2013, 01:11:27 PM »
C'mon now, you're smarter than that, I'm assuming.

My sarcasm meter is broken I guess....

Offline sph274

« Reply #233: August 02, 2013, 01:11:28 PM »
Good god. Maybe we need to stop using mental gymnastics (in my time as a lurker here I've seen some very impressive ones) to marginalize the Braves'. Accepting that they are actually a very, very good team this year would make this season more tolerable if we were where we should be and seriously contending for the WC.

Completely agree, especially this part. You don't mess with a 100 win team as much as they did. I have no doubts we would be right there racing the Braves, or at the very least very much in the WC picture if that team was back this year. The whole dynamic of the team could not be more different, like literally, it is night and day.

this crap. he is clearly a braves fan

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #234: August 02, 2013, 01:22:13 PM »

this crap. he is clearly a braves fan

Yep. PDBF. They're not nearly clever enough to pull it off, bless their heart.

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #235: August 02, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »

Yea that's it....BHNF for you bud.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #236: August 02, 2013, 01:27:23 PM »
Yea that's it....BHNF for you bud.

Please have patience with Basebal Is Life.  He's retarded.

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #237: August 02, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

Well that's unfortunate lol.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #238: August 02, 2013, 01:51:30 PM »
Well that's unfortunate lol.

Love it. Minty and the Barves trolls holding hands. Get a room, young lovers. :rofl:

And off to Ignore you go along with minty.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #239: August 02, 2013, 02:02:21 PM »
Love it. Minty and the Barves trolls holding hands. Get a room, young lovers. :rofl:

:bow:

Offline Ace_1106

« Reply #240: August 02, 2013, 02:12:27 PM »

I'm a Houstonian. My team will always be the Astros (yes I know they are terrible). I'm a Nats fan by default. If you know anything about baseball then you'll know that I am anything BUT a Braves fan given their history with the Astros. More importantly, I am a BASEBALL fan. I give respect where it's due and the Braves have always been a damn good team. You on the other hand should change your name to Nationals is Life because you clearly are not a baseball fan. Just another BHNF.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #241: August 02, 2013, 02:16:20 PM »
I'm a Houstonian. My team will always be the Astros (yes I know they are terrible). I'm a Nats fan by default. If you know anything about baseball then you'll know that I am anything BUT a Braves fan given their history with the Astros. More importantly, I am a BASEBALL fan. I give respect where it's due and the Braves have always been a damn good team. You on the other hand should change your name to Nationals is Life because you clearly are not a baseball fan. Just another BHNF.

Don't worry.  Baseball is life is a self-contradictory, self-righteous blowhard.  No consistency of character except to troll. 

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #242: August 02, 2013, 02:18:10 PM »
Fighting what you see as trolling with trolling?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #243: August 02, 2013, 02:18:58 PM »
Fighting what you see as trolling with trolling?

He's ignoring me anyway.  What does BiL care? 

Offline granato

« Reply #244: August 02, 2013, 02:25:09 PM »
 :shock: Back to lurker status. Resume circle jerk.

Offline madj55

« Reply #245: August 02, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
I can't wait for October, it just means that this dreadful season will finally be over.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #246: August 02, 2013, 03:31:48 PM »
I can't wait for October, it just means that this dreadful season will finally be over.

:clap:

Offline ajcartwright

« Reply #247: August 02, 2013, 04:05:44 PM »
dreams of October
heroes found, champions crowned.
fall is for winners

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #248: August 02, 2013, 04:06:37 PM »
sanity

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
« Reply #249: August 02, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
I just don't understand the appeal of going to another team's message board for any discussion.  That's why I come here and the Terps board I am a member of, or extremeskins.  I don't care about "insight" from another team's fans.  If I really want true insight on a rival, I would read their local sports pages.  I know some people are new to these interweb things, but most message board posters do not enjoy interacting with fans of rival teams.  If you don't understand that, I can't help you.