Author Topic: Hagerstown now looking at Fredericksburg  (Read 12441 times)

Offline JPC

Re: Hagerstown now looking at Fredericksburg
« Reply #75: February 18, 2015, 04:55:22 PM »
Why would the Giants want to move their team out if a new stadium is built?  Seems it would take work manuevering with other teams.
Have never been to the stadium in Richmond but would like to get down this year to see a Senators game.
I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult to get the Giants farm system out, from what I understand though the farm clubs tend to sign 2-4 year contracts.  Once the contracts are up they can extend or move on. 

Bringing a Nats farm team to Richmond makes perfect sense though.  It's only 2 hours from DC(on a good day), there are a good amount of fans that could make the short trip down to catch a game, some could get here quicker than DC.  The market supports the flying squirrels no matter who the system is for, but if they could follow the kids careers on up to the big club it would help establish more Nats fans down here.  There are a lot of Braves fans in Richmond because for over a decade they were the Richmond Braves.  The fact that I moved to an area where I'm surrounded by Braves fans drives me crazy.