Author Topic: Curly W cap sightings (2007 - 2011)  (Read 46435 times)

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Re: Curly W cap sightings
« Reply #400: June 27, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »
If you look close, a lot of hat companies seem to try to capitalize on gangs when designing hats. In fact, if I recall correctly, some have been pulled off of the shelves altogether.

Bloods

Crips

Latin Kings

We look for any kind of potential gang symbolism in what the inmates wear. Even the most simple things are signs. In inmate with a red bracelet on for example. Pull up his info and he's a validated Blood. Another guy with white shoe laces in his boots. Good chance he's an Aryan of some sort. Gang training is one of my favorite trainings to go to. It's a great source of information for anyone, not just those in law enforcement. Teachers and parents would do well to learn as much as possible.

http://www.streetgangs.com/ is a good source for some info. Another great training I went to was Inside the Mind of a Teen Killer http://www.philchalmers.com/

Offline dodgergrrl4rlz

« Reply #401: June 27, 2011, 06:42:54 PM »
There will be a Curly W cap sighting at Angel Stadium the next 3 games :) Next to the Nat's dugout tonight, behind Nat's bullpen tomorrow,  and 5 rows behind Nat's dugout on Wednesday. Navy blue, white Curly W with red shadow.

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #402: June 27, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »
I red somewhere that the red Washington hat with the DC logo (not official, but available) was used by Bloods... DC being Death to Crips.

If you look close, a lot of hat companies seem to try to capitalize on gangs when designing hats. In fact, if I recall correctly, some have been pulled off of the shelves altogether.

(Image removed from quote.)
Bloods
Crips
Latin Kings

We look for any kind of potential gang symbolism in what the inmates wear. Even the most simple things are signs. In inmate with a red bracelet on for example. Pull up his info and he's a validated Blood. Another guy with white shoe laces in his boots. Good chance he's an Aryan of some sort. Gang training is one of my favorite trainings to go to. It's a great source of information for anyone, not just those in law enforcement. Teachers and parents would do well to learn as much as possible.

http://www.streetgangs.com/ is a good source for some info. Another great training I went to was Inside the Mind of a Teen Killer http://www.philchalmers.com/

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #403: June 27, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
All RIGHT Dodgergrl!

:thumbs: :yesyes:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #404: June 27, 2011, 09:24:53 PM »
I red somewhere that the red Washington hat with the DC logo (not official, but available) was used by Bloods... DC being Death to Crips.

Very enlightened guys not embarrassed about hanging out with other guys wearing  "DC."

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #405: June 27, 2011, 09:25:45 PM »
Just saw a Nats tee-shirt at the CWS. DPM?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #406: June 27, 2011, 09:26:38 PM »

Bloods
Crips
Latin Kings

That is just plain sick - those people should ashamed.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #407: June 28, 2011, 06:19:03 AM »
That is just plain sick - those people should ashamed.

Those are all bootlegs actually, not actual New Era products.  Decent quality but bootlegs nonetheless and nothing to get worked up at New Era over.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #408: June 28, 2011, 08:34:14 AM »
Those are all bootlegs actually, not actual New Era products.  Decent quality but bootlegs nonetheless and nothing to get worked up at New Era over.

The people who made them should still be ashamed, someone is profiting off of murder. The stickers did throw me, but I suppose you can take a sticker off of a hat and move it to a different one :lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #409: June 28, 2011, 08:55:49 AM »
So should missile defense contractors and "private security" firms too.  Might as well throw the CIA and Raymond Davis out there too...

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #410: June 28, 2011, 09:03:08 AM »
Just no

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #411: June 28, 2011, 09:41:41 AM »
Like I always say - no one is innocent.  If you don't think the military industrial complex isn't profiting off of state sanctioned murder you're delusional.

By the way, a lot of bootleg New Era hats are pretty convincing and not just the stickers.  Some of them even have reasonable facsimiles of the inner sweatband and tags that you find in the real deal. 

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #412: June 28, 2011, 09:46:04 AM »

No, they were actual New Era hats that the company quit making due to public outrage.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2990288

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #413: June 28, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »
No, they were actual New Era hats that the company quit making due to public outrage.

Wow, thanks for the link on that, what a bunch of idiots.  I wonder if in the four years since they've done anything else dumb like that.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #414: June 28, 2011, 09:53:38 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2990288

Thanks TF, seriously, those people should do time. Gang activity is up there with some of the most heinous crimes IMO.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #415: June 28, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
Thanks TF, seriously, those people should do time. Gang activity is up there with some of the most heinous crimes IMO.

Yeah, just like black sites, waterboarding, creating crack cocaine and funding terrorism training sites...

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #416: June 28, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
Wow, thanks for the link on that, what a bunch of idiots.  I wonder if in the four years since they've done anything else dumb like that.

I don't really know but I can see though, how easily they could make hats like that and not know the significance. I've received training, although not much, that makes me a little more aware of such things, but then again, I live in the boondocks lol... Those of you who enjoy city living may notice it more readily.
I think it was last summer that I saw some young kid walking around our mall dressed in mostly blue with a Toronto Blue Jays hat on and white Adidas tennis shoes with blue stripes. Right away I recognized him for a Crip and a small part of that was the shoes. Adidas shoes have three stripes on either side of the shoe adding to a total of six stripes on each shoe. The Crips are a part of the "Folk Nation" who use the 6 pointed star as one of their symbols. The six blue stripes is just one small wall a gang member can advertise his allegiance. Standing on it's own, the shoes don't mean much, but added together with the other stuff, like the Blue Jays hat, it all added up.
Gangs will take anything that suits their style/symbolism and use it. Be careful with all this awesome knowledge I've proffered as you could be accused of profiling... :lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #417: June 28, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »
The Crips are a part of the "Folk Nation" who use the 6 pointed star as one of their symbols.

Haven't seen those in a while but my old practice space in Chicago was Latin King territory so I got to see those guys in action quite a bit.  I never had a problem with them but, at the time, I didn't look like some northside yuppie azzclown unlike now.  I also don't scare easily, so I never had a problem eating at the taquerias that they hung out and conducted business at it on the West Side.  Definitely not a lifestyle I can relate to but I can understand the appeal.  Not everyone gets to be born with a silver spoon in their mouth and no worries in life.

What level is your correctional facility?

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #418: June 28, 2011, 10:29:56 AM »
What level is your correctional facility?

Max. I'll PM you.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #419: June 28, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »
 So sometimes you see people in caps and hat and hoods, and don't realize what you are looking at.   So I went to a concert last year, with some friends, and it was a Latin (Hispanic) Pop Star concert, and it was outside, in the middle of August, in the late afternoon. So I notice all these guys wearing towels on their heads, and I thought -thats' kind of wierd, but it probably because of the heat and sun (like they wear turbans in the desert, etc.). And then I kept looking around the ampitheater, and notices more and more sections where guys (mostly teen-agers and guys in their 20's) were wearing towels or hoodies over their heads. I though this is really strange that so many would be wearing towels over their heads.
    Becoming more curious, I asked one of my friends, at the concert with me -what that was all about - because it was a notable number of guys in different areas wearing hoodies on their head or towels over their head - so you could not see their face;  he said, " Oh that's the different Hispanic gangs and their symbols and they wear towels or hoodies over their heads to signify they are part of a gang, and usually have a symbol or color to denote which gang they are with?    Holy Cow  -  Welcome to the new world....  :roll:

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #420: June 28, 2011, 11:16:47 AM »
I think it's time to change this thread and move it to the Red Porch

It used to be kinda fun.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #421: June 28, 2011, 11:25:02 AM »
I think it's time to change this thread and move it to the Red Porch
It used to be kinda fun.
            So the gang stuff spoiled it for you?  Okay - fair criticism........ :couch:

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #422: June 28, 2011, 11:30:49 AM »
            So the gang stuff spoiled it for you?  Okay - fair criticism........ :couch:

Yeah, didn't mean to hijack the thread, just offered some observations.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #423: June 28, 2011, 11:43:18 AM »
Yeah, didn't mean to hijack the thread, just offered some observations.

Understand, just sucked the fun out of the thread...happens

we can get it back, did anyone see Dodgergirl in the stands?  I only made it through 3 innings last night

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #424: June 28, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »
we can get it back, did anyone see Dodgergirl in the stands?  I only made it through 3 innings last night

Sorry, this is on me for being dick. 

Galah - I didn't even make it to the end of the first.  At least Wednesday's game is on at 7pm.  Weren't there two other WNFFers out at Anaheim last night?