Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3  (Read 19690 times)

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3
« Reply #125: July 28, 2005, 04:03:29 PM »
Quote from: "hillnat"
change your nickname "die hard"

You can sit on your ass and clap and cheer bad baseball and lazy ass players all you want.  I bring 110% every god damned game I go to, which is 29 so far this year.  I pay for my seats full gate price.  If the guys im coming to see play arent going to "bring it" every game, play like lazy asses, than you tell me exactly WHY guys like Guzman and Vidro should NOT be booed?

ITs the same damn argument weve had on the Caps boards.  You pay for your ticket, you have the right to show your dissatisfaction.

You, or anyone else has no right to tell anyone what kind of fan they are no matter what they do. If you like crappy baseball, then YOU get your ass to RFK and cheer on the crappy baseball weve been watching.
I know what this team is capable of doing, and they have not, and are NOT doing it lately.  

Im overjoyed to have baseball back of course, but I also KNOW what this team can do, and have seen these guys play thier asses off, and what weve seen over the past few weeks, just isnt acceptable IMHO.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #126: July 28, 2005, 04:04:28 PM »
I think my fiancee said it best today.  She took the day off of work and commented that it seems like the Nats don't want first place bad enough, and with the sweep completed, it certainly looks that way.  However, I still love this team, and I'm going to continue to support them no matter what.  Let's just be thankful that there is a team here for us to follow, win or lose.

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #127: July 28, 2005, 04:05:46 PM »
OK......

Now, ALL of the bandwagon jumpers....the fair weather fans...the ones who all of a sudden are ASHAMED to wear your Nats hat....JUMP OFF THE DAMN BUS RIGHT NOW and DO NOT LOOK BACK!!  

ALL OF THE HARD CORE NATS FANS STAY ON BOARD AND CHEER HARDER.  YES  GUZMAN SUCKS!!...CHEER ANYWAY...YES, YOU MIGHT THINK FRANK ROBINSON MAKES SOME QUESTIONABLE MOVES....CHEER ANYWAY!!  THERE SHOULD NOT BE A SINGLE BOO AT RFK WHEN OUR TEAM GETS BACK (yes..you have the freedom to boo...but, IS IT THE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW??)  

Our team has a wonderful comfort level when they play @ RFK.  We need to keep that comfort level CONSTANT and CONSISTANT!!!  We need to turn RFK into Death Valley for the opposition again!!  IT CAN BE DONE!!! WE NEED EVERYBODY!!

GO NATS.......NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!

hillnat

« Reply #128: July 28, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »
I never said you couldnt boo. I said that i wont.  And if you wont wear your hat because you are ashamed then you died easily. imho

hillnat

« Reply #129: July 28, 2005, 04:07:34 PM »
Agree Go nats!  This year and beyond

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

« Reply #130: July 28, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »
As with the Caps, I BOOOO because I care and love them.  THere are certain players on this team that dont DESERVE our cheers.  That has started to spread throughout the lineup.

Just because someone BOOOS doesnt mean they arent a diehard fan, or that they are a bad fan, it meas they are upset and dissatisfied with what they are watching going on in front of them.  Im not happy with it, especially after seein what this team can do.

Have I stopped going? NO, Will I stop going NO, why? Because I LOVE THE NATIONALS. Period.

IVe tried everything I can think of to change luck.  Wearing different jerseys, different Nats hats,  T-shirts, to no nats stuff at all like today.. nothing is working.   Ugh.  This whole thing just sucks.   YOud think after being a Caps fan for 29 seasons Id be used to ineptitude.    I guess im not, esp after this first half season with the Nationals.

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

« Reply #131: July 28, 2005, 04:12:13 PM »
Quote from: "ernie0326"
OK......

Now, ALL of the bandwagon jumpers....the fair weather fans...the ones who all of a sudden are ASHAMED to wear your Nats hat....JUMP OFF THE DAMN BUS RIGHT NOW and DO NOT LOOK BACK!!  

ALL OF THE HARD CORE NATS FANS STAY ON BOARD AND CHEER HARDER.  YES  GUZMAN SUCKS!!...CHEER ANYWAY...YES, YOU MIGHT THINK FRANK ROBINSON MAKES SOME QUESTIONABLE MOVES....CHEER ANYWAY!!  THERE SHOULD NOT BE A SINGLE BOO AT RFK WHEN OUR TEAM GETS BACK (yes..you have the freedom to boo...but, IS IT THE RIGHT THING TO DO FOR OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW??)  

Our team has a wonderful comfort level when they play @ RFK.  We need to keep that comfort level CONSTANT and CONSISTANT!!!  We need to turn RFK into Death Valley for the opposition again!!  IT CAN BE DONE!!! WE NEED EVERYBODY!!

GO NATS.......NOW MORE THAN EVER!!!!

Like I said, if you want to CHEER crappy BASEBALL, you go right ahead, but im sorry, there are a couple of players on this team that I want GONE, and will NOT CHEER FOR.  EVER.  I disliked them before the Natioanals came here, and I cant stand them even more now.

Offline PC

« Reply #132: July 28, 2005, 04:12:34 PM »
The meat of their lineup went hitless today.  We should have won this game!

Of course, our leadoff hitter went hitless too so I guess that balances it out. :twisted:

NatsCaps19

« Reply #133: July 28, 2005, 04:18:26 PM »
i guess we can look at the bright side.. the Nats played horribly in all 3 games and lost all 3 games by 3 runs combined to the now first place Braves. I dunno I'm just trying to find positives.....

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #134: July 28, 2005, 04:22:06 PM »
DNF, I respect your opinion, but if I was going to be there at RFK for the next home series (which I'm not), I certainly wouldn't boo the team right off the bat.  They may have a better series in Florida this weekend or they may not, but I would certainly show some support upon their return.

It's a sport, people.  We don't live or die by it.  That's what I'm trying to tell myself for Redskins games now!  (16 games versus 182 in baseball).

Diehard_Nationals_Fan

« Reply #135: July 28, 2005, 04:39:54 PM »
Guzman, and Vidro get my BOOS.   They got them in the Astros series, and they deserve it even more now.  

LOL! Im a Skins fan too, but honestly, im a not nearly as much of a Skins fan as I am Caps, Nationals, United fan.   Maybe if you took how you feel about the skins, and used that to understand how I feel about my teams, youd understand better my position.  

On my office door I have a white board, with a Nationals logo sticker on it.  I wrote around it, "1st in war, 1st in peace, 1ST IN THE NL EAST!"  I took that off a few days ago and left nothing.  I changed it today to "excuse us, we were playing way too far above expectations.  So now we are back to stinking".   Hey its the truth.

Oh, I also forgot, I do have something Nationals on me today, or with me at least ( not including the like 20 Nationals things around my office) and thats my Nationals umbrella I got last thursday at RFK.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #136: July 28, 2005, 04:43:05 PM »
I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath and come back tommorow.  This is what LOSING (after doing so well) does to the fans.  They start getting snappy and fight amongst themselves.  Nobody's a bandwagon fan on here...bandwagon fans don't use "game threads" on message boards.  Too many people SNAP at the slightest bit of negativity...you have to realize ernie that people say negative things when they are frustrated.  Something in which we all are right now.

Offline PC

« Reply #137: July 28, 2005, 04:43:57 PM »
Im a Skins fan too...

We should boo Guzman like we booed Mark Brunell because he's every bit as bad, maybe worse.

Offline Jayman77

« Reply #138: July 28, 2005, 04:45:43 PM »
I root just as hard for the Caps and Nationals as I do the Redskins and Maryland as well.  It's just that football teams only play 16 games a year, and I was so pissed after the Redskins blew that lead in Dallas in the last minute last season.  I'm just trying to tell myself that all these teams play a professional sport--a game--and that it's meant to be entertaining.  Of course I'm upset about the Nats' recent slide, but I think the support should continue 100%.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #139: July 28, 2005, 04:47:34 PM »
Quote from: "Jayman77"
I root just as hard for the Caps and Nationals as I do the Redskins and Maryland as well.  It's just that football teams only play 16 games a year, and I was so pissed after the Redskins blew that lead in Dallas in the last minute last season.  I'm just trying to tell myself that all these teams play a professional sport--a game--and that it's meant to be entertaining.  Of course I'm upset about the Nats' recent slide, but I think the support should continue 100%.

And so it shall...nobody's jumping the cart here.  Let that be the end of it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #140: July 28, 2005, 05:05:27 PM »
Quote from: "Senators2005"
I think everybody just needs to take a deep breath

I think if I take any more deep breaths, I'll balloon up and float away in the wind.  I'm with this team win or lose, but seriously...  it's time to stop saying "every team has slumps" and face the facts.  This is more than a slump, it's a free fall, and it's reasons are honestly pretty simple.  Frank keeps starting a guy (or guys?) who contribute(s) nothing, and our offense does not produce enough to support our generally outstanding pitching staff.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #141: July 29, 2005, 11:21:22 AM »
todays another day, lets hope the nats come back and at least win this series. they havent won a series since the all-star break.

guillen said it best in an interview i saw:

(not an exact quote)

"some of the players dont act like they wanna win. they seem like they wanna just go home. play 9 innings, go home. i play hard, i hope the rest of the team starts to as much as i do."