Author Topic: Follow the Non-Prospects: Danny Espinosa, 2B  (Read 25043 times)

Offline NJ Ave

Career numbers are simple: Laroche is worth .95 batting wins a year; in Espinosa's two full years he was worth -.1 batting wins a year, so a difference of 1.05 wins a season.

Of course, that's not what you want to hear, so let's move the goalposts...

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
In 2012 in ALR's career year, ALR had a 23.8 wRAA versus Espinosa's -1.3 wRAA so purely based on that ALR is worth about 2.5 wins more than Espi with the bat.  However, this year he is at a 5.3 wRAA so in reality NJ Ave is probably correct that 1.5 between ALR and a healthy Espi is being a bit generous.

Offline Copecwby20

This whole conversation just got all nerded up and is boring now. I'm sure you guys could take the fun out of a blowjob.

Offline HalfSmokes

Career numbers are simple: Laroche is worth .95 batting wins a year; in Espinosa's two full years he was worth -.1 batting wins a year, so a difference of 1.05 wins a season.

Of course, that's not what you want to hear, so let's move the goalposts...

that's your, position, WAR agrees with you. It's probably because I'm prejudiced against players with extreme k rates, but I just don't see the difference between LaRoche's bat and Danny's bat as that little.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
This whole conversation just got all nerded up and is boring now. I'm sure you guys could take the fun out of a blowjob.
Depends on how the blowjob compares to a replacement level blowjob.  We could probably take the fun out of a -1 BAR blowjob but it would be pretty impossible to take the fun out of a 5 BAR blowjob.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
that's your, position, WAR agrees with you. It's probably because I'm prejudiced against players with extreme k rates, but I just don't see the difference between LaRoche's bat and Danny's bat as that little.
Perhaps you've forgotten that ALR isn't exactly a low K bat either?

Offline Copecwby20

Depends on how the blowjob compares to a replacement level blowjob.  We could probably take the fun out of a -1 BAR blowjob but it would be pretty impossible to take the fun out of a 5 BAR blowjob.

:rofl:

I have had both -BAR BJs and 5 BAR blowjobs... so now this whole thread makes sense to me.

LomboLover (a former member here) was good for 5 BAR, the ex wife was -3 BAR, but only if you are looking at career numbers. Pre and Post marriage BAR differs greatly

Offline NJ Ave

Let's put it in a way you understand - Espinosa f**ks great but gives mediocre head, LaRoche just is kinda average at everything. To each his own, they both kinda even out.

Lombo gives HJs, to continue the analogy.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Let's put it in a way you understand - Espinosa f**ks great but gives mediocre head, LaRoche just is kinda average at everything. To each his own, they both kinda even out.

Lombo gives HJs, to continue the analogy.
So in this analogy is Bernadina a prude who is waiting for marriage? :D

Offline NJ Ave

Yes, and Chad Tracy's the chick who's been around, but is just a lousy lay.

Offline NJ Ave

Zimmerman's the chick you bring home, Bryce is the trophy wife, Werth is the first wife you dump for the trophy wife.

Offline HalfSmokes

Yes, and Chad Tracy's the chick who's been around, but is just a lousy lay.

under this analogy, chad tracy is the tranny giving $5 hand jobs

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Then what is Matt Stairs :shock:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
*sigh* like last year when his UZR/150 was 5th in the major leagues at 2B? Or should I ignore that because he played 35 games of SS with a UZR/150 higher than anyone who played more than 250 innings of SS, besides Andrelton Simmons.

*sigh*

Too bad UZR/150 doesn't mean anything. It's like saying that if you take Bryce Harper's last month and a half, he was the Triple Crown winner.

Danny is not a gold glover, he does not play defense that well. He's very good, defensively.

Or do you think Jose Lopez and his 76.5 URZ/150 should be counted?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Too bad UZR/150 doesn't mean anything. It's like saying that if you take Bryce Harper's last month and a half, he was the Triple Crown winner.

Danny is not a gold glover, he does not play defense that well. He's very good, defensively.

Or do you think Jose Lopez and his 76.5 URZ/150 should be counted?

Slate, you know you're trolling at this point.

Jose Lopez had 23 innings with that UZR/150, Espinosa did it over 1000+ innings.

But whatever you need to do to twist the stats to fit your agenda.

Online Slateman

Slate, you know you're trolling at this point.

Jose Lopez had 23 innings with that UZR/150, Espinosa did it over 1000+ innings.

But whatever you need to do to twist the stats to fit your agenda.

My fact is that Danny Espinosa is not a gold glove winner, nor is he that good.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
My fact is that Danny Espinosa is not a gold glove winner, nor is he that good.

Your fact is a mindfact. The numbers say he is good at defense but you continually refute it.

And Gold Gloves are bullcrap. Rafael Palmeiro won a GG at 1B in 1999 only playing 28 games at 1B. It's an offensive award pretending to be a fielding award.

Offline sportsfan882

Who gives a freak how good he plays defense? What a silly ass argument.

He is 5/47 with 29 Ks in AAA. It's pretty embarrassing and borderline cruel to continue to send him out there like this.

Online Slateman

Your fact is a mindfact. The numbers say he is good at defense but you continually refute it.

And Gold Gloves are bullcrap. Rafael Palmeiro won a GG at 1B in 1999 only playing 28 games at 1B. It's an offensive award pretending to be a fielding award.
Uh huh. I never said he wasn't good at defense. I said he was very good. I said he wasn't gold glove. He is not the best at his position. He's arguably not in the top 5.

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Uh huh. I never said he wasn't good at defense. I said he was very good. I said he wasn't gold glove. He is not the best at his position. He's arguably not in the top 5.
Arguably if you don't understand baseball or know how to read numbers.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Who gives a freak how good he plays defense? What a silly ass argument.

He is 5/47 with 29 Ks in AAA. It's pretty embarrassing and borderline cruel to continue to send him out there like this.
Defense is half the game.

Offline HalfSmokes

So how does the remaining half breakdown between pitching and offense?

Online Slateman

No, it isn't. Anthony Rendon is proving that every day.