Author Topic: Computer problem= Help Requested.  (Read 25054 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Computer problem= Help Requested.
« Reply #175: December 20, 2016, 11:36:30 AM »
Squab,

Affinity has a bunch of refurbs that fit into what you're talking about. Home brew cases and components for reasonable prices.

Mitlen,

The link to the enclosure (easily obtainable at Microcenter) is exactly the way to go if you want it simple. If you want to do it without spending any money at all, it's also doable - would just need to explain how to attach a SATA device and get it recognized by the BIOS.

You're gettin' in the weeds for me.    :)      I've been playin' with it and it's still doin' the same thing.   I got to the on/off button (internal) with the same results.    One time it almost started.    My gut's tellin' me motherboard.    :(.      I'll continue to fritter with it and see where I am before I take the box to Affinity.

Squab:    My son built this unit for me.    I may ask him to do another one  ...   since I have a new PS.    :lol:     What I might do is just ask him to install my HD, PS, DVD, etc. into a new box with a new switch and motherboard.      In reality, I'll probably wake up tomorrow morning in a state of pisstivity and take the box to Affinity.    Tell 'em what's goin' on, what I want and call me with an estimate.