Author Topic: "I no longer have anything to do with baseball."  (Read 1292 times)

...says an angry Damian Jackson who was just released by the LA Dodgers.  The infielder cleared out his locker shoving equipment and clothes into a duffel bag and then knocking two chairs over on his way out.

The infielder was entering his 11th season in the majors.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It's not easy to face the end of a career in baseball.  I wish the media had been a little more reticent in airing his moment of anguish and pain.  I don't need to relive it.  Let's face it, baseball is a nice job if you can get it.  It pays well, the work is fun, the camaraderie and adulation are like opium.  To suddenly be forced out of the clique cannot be pleasant, though of course they all face this one day.

I suspect Bernie Williams had similar thoughts, and probably dozens others (Womack?) this season.  Some folks on the other board were ridiculing him, but I don't see the humor in it.

Offline heatchucker

keep your emotions private...when you let out your dirty laudry to the press   they can run with it...us too     remember who and you are always

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
I feel really bad for the guy.  I mean, to have a major league job as a utility man, then suddenly come to the harsh reality that you're not good enough anymore.  Tough.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
I feel really bad for the guy.  I mean, to have a major league job as a utility man, then suddenly come to the harsh reality that you're not good enough anymore.  Tough.
He was never really spectacular - more like a spare tire you keep in your trunk in case of a flat.