Author Topic: Where is Zimmerman killing us more?  (Read 21045 times)

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Bump

He's been doing a lot better, that that record is still within reach.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
(Image removed from quote.)

I remember when Zimmerman used to do that routinely

He still makes that play. It's when he gets set is where he has the problems.

He still makes that play. It's when he gets set is where he has the problems.

I had two friends who had shoulder surgery. One for a torn labrum, one for a torn rotator cuff. The surgeons found more damage in both cases once they went in (cartilage stuff that doesn't always show up in an MRI.). Both surgeons said it would take a full year to be back to normal.

Zim had surgery in November and was pushing himself in March, well before a recovery period. I don't think it was ever revealed what Zim's shoulder damage was. In any case, I don't think he is fully recovered.

If you watch Zim throw from a set position, he's not bring his right shoulder through the throw. He is throwing with just his forearm. That's why the ball is sailing on him at times. It's not mental, it's physical.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If you watch Zim throw from a set position, he's not bring his right shoulder through the throw. He is throwing with just his forearm. That's why the ball is sailing on him at times. It's not mental, it's physical.

Zimmerman is not just closing in on the single season record, he's closing in on the career record for throwing errors, this isn't something that just started after his surgery. Zimmm + Yip = Zippp

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I had two friends who had shoulder surgery. One for a torn labrum, one for a torn rotator cuff. The surgeons found more damage in both cases once they went in (cartilage stuff that doesn't always show up in an MRI.). Both surgeons said it would take a full year to be back to normal.

Zim had surgery in November and was pushing himself in March, well before a recovery period. I don't think it was ever revealed what Zim's shoulder damage was. In any case, I don't think he is fully recovered.

Gotta disagree.  If you watch the way he tries to "steer" the ball it tells me it's mental.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Zimmerman is not just closing in on the single season record, he's closing in on the career record for throwing errors, this isn't something that just started after his surgery. Zimmm + Yip = Zippp

Before the surgery he was injured. Duh.

Offline madj55

"Harper stressed togetherness and urgency, but his plea did not exactly reverberate through the clubhouse. “What’d he say?” third baseman Ryan Zimmerman replied when asked for his thoughts on the comments.

In Zimmerman’s view, Harper may have mistaken steady professionalism for indifference. Harper is not far removed from his high school football days. Zimmerman eschews team meetings and pep talks.

“When it comes down to it, you shouldn’t have to tell 30-year-old men who are getting paid millions of dollars to play baseball what to do or have to fire ’em up,” Zimmerman said. “I really don’t believe in that kind of stuff. I go out there every night and do everything I can to help the team win, whether we’re 30 games under .500 or 30 games over. Because that’s what I’m supposed to do. I don’t really think anyone else in that clubhouse has a different mind-set than I do.”

Johnson sided with Zimmerman. Anxiety, he believes, is the product of losing, not the root of it. “Shoot, earlier in the year my whole bench was hitting under .200,” Johnson said. “You think they’re going to be singing karaoke songs?”"

Lame comments from Zimmerman IMO.

Offline DPMOmaha

I agree.  I also think he's off base on his statements about leadership in that MASN commercial...

Offline madj55

I agree.  I also think he's off base on his statements about leadership in that MASN commercial...
If you want to be the "quiet" leader or whatever, cool. Do that Zim, but don't come out and put down a kid on the team who's trying to light a spark under a lifeless squad. Zim could actually learn from Harp in that regard cause his whole "professionalism" schtick is getting old. If they played with some fire they wouldn't be in this mess.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
If you want to be the "quiet" leader or whatever, cool. Do that Zim, but don't come out and put down a kid on the team who's trying to light a spark under a lifeless squad. Zim could actually learn from Harp in that regard cause his whole "professionalism" schtick is getting old. If they played with some fire they wouldn't be in this mess.

If you wanna lead, throw the ball to first.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
ow, snap
If you wanna lead, throw the ball to first.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Before the surgery he was injured. Duh.

Trolling is about the reaction he's trying to elicit, not the veracity of the statement.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Zippp has had double digit throwing errors every year since 2007 and in 2006 he had 9, so he's always had this problem, but this year his throwing errors per inning are the worst of his career.  At his current pace he's going to break the single season record by one and then the career record by the 2014 ASG.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Luckily, the error last night did not cost a run.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
FWIW - throwing errors by month / games (I might be off by a game or two a month).

April - 4 / 15
May - 5 / 25
June - 4 / 25
July - 3 / 25
August - 1 / 13

That looks like he's improved as the season has moved along.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
FWIW - throwing errors by month / games (I might be off by a game or two a month).

April - 4 / 15
May - 5 / 25
June - 4 / 25
July - 3 / 25
August - 1 / 13

That looks like he's improved as the season has moved along.

Yep, still time but it would appear to be unlikely that he's going to break the single season record at this point.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Really?  You clairvoyant or something?

Edit:  That was aimed at PB69 for his bump a few minutes before an error.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Oh I'm good, I'm real good

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Well. There it is.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
absolutely horrible throw on that error, but he made several other nice plays and hit well.  I'm still with Zimm. :)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
The last few errors haven't cost a run. Maybe RZim restricts his throwing errors to plays that will not, somehow blow a game?