Author Topic: Other Team's Fans Starting To Hate Nats  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Re: Other Team's Fans Starting To Hate Nats
« Reply #25: August 24, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
If you put aside Braves fans tomahawk chopping, the Braves are not a d-bag team, and the fans are not d-bags either.

Except the entire stadium that chanted "Overrated" at Strasburg his rookie year, right? And all the fans behind home plate at Turner trying to distract pitchers? And all the fans in this area that are Braves/FSU/49ers/Lakers fans, right?

Their fans are pretty bad.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #26: August 24, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »
The line about what teams they like describes Harper to a T.

Offline Slumpbuster

« Reply #27: August 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »
Another fan base I'm starting to hate is the Pirates......although they have nothing tp boast about the last many years. A lot of them come to Nats park dressedup like Buccaneeres, running their mouth. I guess those same fans are Penguin and Steeler fans son that explains it.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #28: August 26, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Another fan base I'm starting to hate is the Pirates......although they have nothing tp boast about the last many years. A lot of them come to Nats park dressedup like Buccaneeres, running their mouth. I guess those same fans are Penguin and Steeler fans son that explains it.

Don't hate 'em yet.   It's been 20 years since the Bucs had a winning season.   This is all new to a lot of Pirates' fans.

Offline PC

« Reply #29: September 03, 2012, 06:13:58 AM »
The opposite of hate. Got this at mlb.com postgame recap after today's game:

I guess the Nationals are a little better then I expected. No fluke that they are in first place. I new they had a solid core of good hitters but was unaware of the strength of their bats at each position. Both of their stating middle infielders have 15+ home runs. Hope we come more prepared the next time we tangle with them in Busch Stadium.

Of course, the "a little better than I thought" part implies that he did a little hate before the series started.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #30: September 03, 2012, 09:55:03 AM »
Cardinals fans have that nice friendly Midwest thing going but, I think, tend to have a superiority complex. Kinda of Yankee like. The tradition, the titles, the huge fan support....

Offline heeman82

« Reply #31: September 03, 2012, 10:03:27 AM »
Any person who is a fan of a team other than the Nats just plain sucks at life.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #32: September 03, 2012, 11:41:52 AM »
The opposite of hate. Got this at mlb.com postgame recap after today's game:

Of course, the "a little better than I thought" part implies that he did a little hate before the series started.

That's not hate, it's ignorance.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #33: September 03, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
Lot of ignorant Nats fans, then.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #34: September 03, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »

I read it more as an eyebrow raise...

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #35: September 03, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
Cardinals fans have that nice friendly Midwest thing going but, I think, tend to have a superiority complex. Kinda of Yankee like. The tradition, the titles, the huge fan support....

I think it is also "tradition" that makes Phillies phans seem like the worst fans of all they all seem to have a super superiority complex.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #36: September 03, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
Some people hate a winner. Most notably losers. :lol: :D

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #37: September 03, 2012, 04:16:45 PM »
I like this guy Chopshop3's comment:

"I guess I Might be the only one here, but I dont hate the Nats. Sure, I would love to win the division as much as anyone, but if our guys cant win it, then Im glad it the Nats. They deserve it to be honest.

Their team and fan base have suffered for a long time. They drafted smart, developed players, and made pretty smart signings for the most part. I dont have a problem with their success, I just wish we could beat them when it mattered.

I would much rather see the Nats win the East than the Phils, the mets, or Marlins."

Of our division rivals I don't really "hate" any of the teams, well the Phillies come really close but I more just highly "dislike" them. The only team of any sport that I absolutely hate are the Dallas Cowboys.

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

« Reply #38: September 03, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »
Why hate the Cowboys?  Rosters change in football more often than I change my underwear.

Offline nickmiser91

« Reply #39: September 03, 2012, 04:54:29 PM »
I was at the Temple vs Villanova football game last Friday, the Mayors Cup, and I was in the student section, student at Temple, and a couple of guys had just mentioned that the Braves were beating the Phillies and one goes to the other, "Theres always next year but, you know what we can agree on? We hate Bryce Harper."  I was standing there laughing to myself. 

Later on, I mentioned to them that the Phillies had just taken the lead, they football game went on and the Phillies took the lead so I mentioned it to them, they gave me a high five.  The best part was that they were completely oblivious that I had on a Curly W hat on... Those poor soles just don't know that the Nats will be good for quite some time.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #40: September 03, 2012, 04:56:21 PM »
Why hate the Cowboys?  Rosters change in football more often than I change my underwear.

Principal

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #41: September 03, 2012, 05:04:17 PM »
Rosters may change, but the unwarranted attitude of smug superiority and the undeserved hype and attention are constant.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #42: September 03, 2012, 05:13:08 PM »
Everybody hates the Cowboys.

Even me  ....

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #43: September 03, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
Everybody hates the Cowboys.
Me too also.
Those bastards play football. I hate any team that doesn't play baseball, international soccer, or rugby because they chose the wrong sport.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #44: September 03, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
Those bastards play football.

Some folks would question that as well.   :)

Offline blue911

« Reply #45: September 03, 2012, 07:20:33 PM »

I don't think that's the kind of thing you want to brag about

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #46: September 03, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »

Whole arrogant "America's Team" crap from years ago.

I root for 2 teams.  The Redskins and whoever plays Dallas!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #47: September 03, 2012, 08:59:00 PM »
I also root for anyone who plays the Yankees!

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #48: September 04, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
Whole arrogant "America's Team" crap from years ago.

I root for 2 teams.  The Redskins and whoever plays Dallas!

Fond memories:

- Sonny's last game before tearing an achilles tendon, 1972: Cowboys get 10 - 0  or 13 - 0 lead in first five or ten minutes after a drive and a couple of mistakes. The carefree look on Sonny's face as he strolled to the huddle, pulled his pants over his belly, and flicked a 20-yard pass to Jerry Smith. Redskins hardly give Dallas a first down in second half; Sonny, and Larry Brown, Charlie Taylor, Smith, Roy Jefferson slice the Cowboys to little pieces.

- NFC Championship before SB 7: Kilmer throws pass after pass to Charlie Taylor. Curt Knight keeps kicking field goals.

- Ken Houston picking up Walt Garrison near the goal, carrying him back to end a game.

- Di-RONE Talbert sacking Staubach in a Monday night game, dragging Gentlemen Roger about ten yards with head bouncing on the turf. Staubach gets up and punches Talbert.

- NFC Championship game before SB 17. Russ Grim says to Randy White: Coach likes you so much we're going to run right at you again. And they do: Riggins behind the Hogs over and over and over.

- "No, Danny, NO!!!"

- Santana Moss slips away for TD from Mark Brunell.

Great times.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #49: September 04, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »
The line about what teams they like describes Harper to a T.