Author Topic: Lake Monsters Coaching Staff Completed  (Read 1556 times)

Offline First Base Lady

Lake Monsters Coaching Staff Completed
« Topic Start: February 20, 2007, 01:26:16 PM »
February 19, 2007 - The Washington Nationals have named former Major League pitcher Rusty Meacham as pitching coach for the 2007 Vermont Lake Monsters to complete the field staff for the upcoming season. Meacham joins manager Darnell Coles (pictured) and coach Tony Tarasco, who were both named to the Lake Monsters coaching staff in December.

Meacham spent eight seasons in the Major Leagues between 1991 and 2001, pitching with five different teams. He began his major league career with Detroit in 1991, then pitched for Kanas City, Seattle, Houston and finished his career with Tampa Bay in 2001.

Over his eight seasons, Meacham was 23-17 with nine saves and a 4.43 ERA in 218 career games. His best season came in 1992 with the Kansas City Royals when we went 10-4 with two saves and a 2.74 ERA in 64 games. He pitched in 164 of his 218 career games with Kansas City from 1992 through 1995.

He has spent the previous 2 seasons with Yuma of the independent Golden Baseball League, serving as a player/pitching coach in 2005 and solely as a pitching coach in 2006.

This marks the first time in Vermont's 14-year history in the New York-Penn League that the team's three coaches are all former major leaguers.

The 2007 Lake Monsters season begins on Tuesday, June 19th when Vermont host the Tri-City ValleyCats at historic Centennial Field.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Re: Lake Monsters Coaching Staff Completed
« Reply #1: February 20, 2007, 06:18:15 PM »
 :pimp:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: February 20, 2007, 06:43:53 PM »
I've actually got season tickets this year.  Not a big deal, I'm not gonna go to EVERY game, but at around $150, they're pretty cheap.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #3: February 20, 2007, 09:46:57 PM »
Is the ballpark in the Burlington vicinity?  I've spent a few VERY nice weekends in Burlington and vicinity.  Have to say I like visiting Vermont very much, though I think it's been more than 10 years since I was last there.

I'll never forget the night we closed down the "Mill" in Winooski listening to the "Unknown blues band".

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #4: February 21, 2007, 10:51:46 AM »
I've actually got season tickets this year. 

Me too!  We have 4 seats in Section C - but never sit in them.  We sit in the cheap seats along the first base line (hence the name!)  with the other host families. 

Is the ballpark in the Burlington vicinity? 

The ballpark is in Burlington right up the hill from the Winooski Mill you are referring to.  It is a quaint little historical park.  No frills here - just good old fashioned baseball.  Well - lately not so good!  But we keep hoping.  I met our new manager earlier in the year and I think if we get some talent here this year, we might have an ok season.  Pray for a great draft!

Offline natsdad

« Reply #5: March 16, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Five draft picks in the first 70 picks in the 2007 draft.  The Lake Monster fans must be excited about the upcoming season.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #6: March 17, 2007, 12:33:06 PM »
Me too!  We have 4 seats in Section C - but never sit in them.  We sit in the cheap seats along the first base line (hence the name!)  with the other host families.

Same here.  I just love the cement seats, because they give you the feeling that you're close to the players and in the action.  Also, I hate the net behind the reserved seats.  I've caught ten or so foul balls in three years.

Offline First Base Lady

« Reply #7: March 27, 2007, 01:37:29 PM »
Just got back from Spring Training - spent 10 days with the minor league guys and met all the coaches that will be in Vermont this year.  Should be a great year both on and off the field.  Darnell Coles has a great philosophy and work ethic and the guys really like playing for him.  Tarasco and Meacham are awesome as well.  Maybe this will be our year!