Author Topic: 2013 invoices are here - Red Carpet Rewards to continue?  (Read 6004 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I'm wondering if they'll end up rolling un-used playoff tickets (assuming we don't have a playoff, 5 games then 7 games and we make the series) into a partial payment of WS tickets instead of a down payment on season tickets next year

I don't think so because they are asking for a total commitment by Aug. 31. In my case, they are asking for $3K for playoffs, $3K for WS to be billed later. And right now, I can 't even figure out how much they are asking for the price of tickets for each post-season game. The platform is clunky and hard to figure out so far.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
The platform is clunky and hard to figure out so far.

If there's one thing the Nats are good at, it's sending mixed signals.

Offline Obed_Marsh

My biggest issue is the prices scaring off someone to take the other seat. I want to do it but the people I go to games with are scared off by sticker shock. I guess I will check in with the other groups I am in and see what comes of it.

In that case I think I'll be waiting for the single ticket sale date.

It looks like the smart thing to do but a full strip would be amazing.

Offline Baseball is Life

The more I read it, the more it seems like they are saying "Give us X amount of dollars and you have the right to that seat for the entire post-season." But that doesn't make sense. At what point do we "settle up" based on the number of games actually played.

I think a call to the ticket rep is in order. I won't bother today. He's probably mobbed right now.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

So would seeing whitey take a dirt nap but that ain't happening. 

Offline Baseball is Life

My biggest issue is the prices scaring off someone to take the other seat. I want to do it but the people I go to games with are scared off by sticker shock. I guess I will check in with the other groups I am in and see what comes of it.

A full strip would be cool if you can share it. I can't imagine going to every game because of budgeting and time constraints.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
A full strip would be cool if you can share it. I can't imagine going to every game because of budgeting and time constraints.

Next you're going to say MLB shouldn't have non-Sunday day games.  :smh:

Offline Obed_Marsh

If I can find someone who has the money and the flexibility I'd like to do the whole strip but that seems to be a rare breed. I might get called away on a business trip but for some things you just have to take your chances.

Offline Baseball is Life

Next you're going to say MLB shouldn't have non-Sunday day games.  :smh:

Only speaking for me. I don't have money or time to go to every playoff and WS game.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Only speaking for me. I don't have money or time to go to every playoff and WS game.

Then you aren't a true baseball fan.  Turn in your fan badge and prepare for the firing squad.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I don't have money or time to go to every playoff and WS game.

Pretty safe bet the majority are with you on that one.

Offline Baseball is Life

Pretty safe bet the majority are with you on that one.

Yeah, probably. That's why I think that very few strips will be sold. I think the STH presale will be where most STH will jump in.

Offline Obed_Marsh

Well now that the fiancée (who will then be the wife) said she was interested, looks more likely I will get a strip.

Offline Baseball is Life

Well now that the fiancée (who will then be the wife) said she was interested, looks more likely I will get a strip.

Seems like you've chosen well. I predict a very long and happy marriage. Congratulations. :clap:

Offline HalfSmokes

Yeah, probably. That's why I think that very few strips will be sold. I think the STH presale will be where most STH will jump in.

my guess is a lot get sold with the intention of resale either because the owner thinks there's profit or because they're scared of not getting the games they want in presale, at least that's what I'm hoping for

Offline Baseball is Life

my guess is a lot get sold with the intention of resale either because the owner thinks there's profit or because they're scared of not getting the games they want in presale, at least that's what I'm hoping for

In my case that would be mean dropping $6K and hoping to recover it by reselling at face value. That's a big risk for an average fan like me. And I can't resell games that don't get played. And the Nats will hold on to the money for next year's plan. That could create a big of cash flow issue. :mg: (I pay on the installment plan.)

I'm fairly confident I will get the tickets I want for the post season one way or the other.  All I really want to do is go to one game in each series. That's enough for me.

Offline Obed_Marsh

I bought a strip. :woop:

After talking with one of the reps, it made a lot more sense. You don't have pay for your 2013 renewel along with the post season strip. The payment from the strip can be applied to a 2013 season ticket package and once you have a 2013 package the remaining credit can be applied to individual game tickets in 2013. Granted given the price difference between a partial plan and strip, I may just run with a half instead of a partial if we don't make it.

$760 for a full strip of 2 seats in section 226, row R with a ballpark of an addtional $300-400 if we make the World Series. Compared to other post season prices I have seen it could be much worse. Keeping this cheaper partial on the side has a lot of benefits.

Seems like you've chosen well. I predict a very long and happy marriage. Congratulations. :clap:

:thumbs: She is a sweatheart. I am a lucky man.

Offline HalfSmokes

After talking with one of the reps, it made a lot more sense. You don't have pay for your 2013 renewel along with the post season strip. The payment from the strip can be applied to a 2013 season ticket package and once you have a 2013 package the remaining credit can be applied to individual game tickets in 2013. Granted given the price difference between a partial plan and strip, I may just run with a half instead of a partial if we don't make it.

$760 for a full strip of 2 seats in section 226, row R with a ballpark of an addtional $300-400 if we make the World Series. Compared to other post season prices I have seen it could be much worse. Keeping this cheaper partial on the side has a lot of benefits.

that's not bad at all, if you sell a few that low for the NLCS or WS (if we happen to make it that far) you might get a decent chuck back

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Thanks for the info - I think I'll buy a strip of 2 seats as well (and mine would be 226, row P, one row below yours).  Gotta think about it a little more, but that's probably the way to go.  Unfortunately, I'll be out town during the first part of the WS, but if it gets there, I know I could easily sell those tickets.  So, excluding the WS games, each seat costs $370 (2 seats are $760, including a $20 service fee), or an average of just over $40 per game (they plan on a one-game tiebreaker, a wildcard play-in game, 3 games in the LDS and 4 games in the LCS) for seats that cost $10 normally.  Could be worse, I guess.  Chances are pretty slim that they would play that many games, so I imagine that will pay for a small chunk of my plan for 2013.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I wonder if you can buy a strip in a different section?

Offline Obed_Marsh

What I forgot to ask is if you are eligable for the single game ticket presale by buying a strip. If someone finds out, I'd like to know.

Thanks for the info - I think I'll buy a strip of 2 seats as well (and mine would be 226, row P, one row below yours).

Be sure to say "Hi" neighbor. :D

Offline Hondo

You might want to be careful if you have a partial plan.

What I find funny is the Nats are charging you for 9 playoff games, when in fact there is no chance they can play 9 playoff games (excluding the world series).  If they play in a tie breaker and wild card game they will not have home field advantage in the divisional or championship series.

My 3 tickets partial plan costs $660.  If the Nats don't make the playoffs I will have paid $1,130 (that's what my playoff tickets cost).  I was informed that NONE of the money would be refunded and that I would have a "credit" I could use to upgrade my tickets/plan or use for single games.  That's a $470 credit!

but wait....it get's worse.

On October 10 the Nationals will charge me another $1,130 for world series tickets.  The divisional series might not even be over at that point!  So here's another possibility.   The Nationals lose the divisional series in game 5 (October 11).  At that point I will have 4-6 unused tickets ($502 - $753 in unused tickets) plus $1130 in world series tickets.  So the Nationals will have a total of $1632 to $1883 of my money.  None of which will be refunded.  My 2013 partial plan is $660, so I could have a credit (what's left over after paying for my 2013 tickets in full) of $972 to $1223! 

WTF!

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

You have a partial plan and are complaining about being able to buy tickets to all of the playoff games.

If they sell my seats before I get around to it, as a full plan holder, I'll be pissed!

Offline Hondo

I'm complaining about possibly having a $1,200 "credit" after paying $660 for my partial.  That's not a legit concern?

You have a partial plan and are complaining about being able to buy tickets to all of the playoff games.

If they sell my seats before I get around to it, as a full plan holder, I'll be pissed!

Offline Jordanz Meatballz

I'm complaining about possibly having a $1,200 "credit" after paying $660 for my partial.  That's not a legit concern?

For your situation, yes, it's a legitimate concern.  But think of the percentage of games you have tickets for, and you're able to buy 100% of playoff games. You're better off buying the pre-sale tickets if those exist.