Author Topic: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread  (Read 145103 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread
« Reply #2775: February 17, 2021, 09:33:31 AM »
@tomrousseyABC7
So if you don’t want to pay for a test but fly with me how does that help me?  They just need to mandate for everyone or this is just useless.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2776: February 17, 2021, 10:25:59 AM »
So if you don’t want to pay for a test but fly with me how does that help me?  They just need to mandate for everyone or this is just useless.

i agree

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #2777: February 17, 2021, 11:11:32 AM »
The announcement is a promising sign, anyway. (I'm still re-booking those four European trips I had booked prior to the Covid emergency declaration - just re-did one this past weekend after the airline cancelled the flights.)

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #2778: February 19, 2021, 10:13:08 AM »
Some travellers are getting really, really desperate - in Hawaii they arrested two tourists for offering an airport screener $3,000 to bypass Covid screening (https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/02/18/hawaii-honolulu-airport-bribe-covid/?itid=hp_travel).

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2779: February 19, 2021, 10:23:46 AM »
Some travellers are getting really, really desperate - in Hawaii they arrested two tourists for offering an airport screener $3,000 to bypass Covid screening (https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2021/02/18/hawaii-honolulu-airport-bribe-covid/?itid=hp_travel).
If you have that kind of money why not just go to some other island? There are surely some South Pacific islands without quarantines.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2780: February 19, 2021, 10:38:30 AM »
House rental bookings on OBX are going crazy again this year.  Add to that the house sales market has been flying for the past 12 months.  My family has a small 3 bedroom house on the sound side that was given such a crazy high offer that we sold.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2781: February 19, 2021, 10:44:18 AM »
House rental bookings on OBX are going crazy again this year.  Add to that the house sales market has been flying for the past 12 months.  My family has a small 3 bedroom house on the sound side that was given such a crazy high offer that we sold.
We plan to put our little Myrtle Beach house up for sale soon. Between low interest rates and families wanting a vacation place where they can be shielded from other folks seems the prices are going up.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #2782: February 19, 2021, 10:44:57 AM »
Ali - what's a massive bolt-on ?

The last time I flew Southwest was after staying up all night playing blackjack at the Luxor in Vegas...I wound up seated next to a bottle-blonde lady with massive bolt-ons under a tank top.  I conked out shortly after takeoff and discovered when the flight attendant roused me on approach to LAX that I had fallen asleep with my face planted on the lady's chest.  I was mortified but she didn't seem to care.  So much for open seating. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2783: February 19, 2021, 10:49:16 AM »
We plan to put our little Myrtle Beach house up for sale soon. Between low interest rates and families wanting a vacation place where they can be shielded from other folks seems the prices are going up.
There was an article in the paper the other day saying Wilmington just had their highest number of homes sold in any January in history. Low interest rates and low inventory make for a sellers market.

Offline imref

« Reply #2784: February 19, 2021, 11:10:04 AM »
There was an article in the paper the other day saying Wilmington just had their highest number of homes sold in any January in history. Low interest rates and low inventory make for a sellers market.

we looked at renting a beach house/condo along the NC coast, all the way down to Charleston, this summer.  Prices were insane.  A 3-bedroom sleeping up to 6 generally ran around $4k for a week.  It's cheaper to fly to Florida and rent a place in Ft. Meyers.

Offline imref

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #2786: February 22, 2021, 04:55:28 PM »
Apparently United was the launch customer for that version of triple seven - 26 years ago.  Time flies (if nothing else does). 

Offline dracnal

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/03/01/royal-caribbean-offer-fully-vaccinated-sailing-new-cruise-ship/6871142002/

Oh good! I was worried about what would happen if the cruise ships got a reputation as places where illness spread out of control to all people on the ship.  :?

Offline imref

Oh good! I was worried about what would happen if the cruise ships got a reputation as places where illness spread out of control to all people on the ship.  :?

:hysterical:

Offline Count Walewski

My family is mostly vaccinated now so I am gonna be hitting the road again in April to drive from Arlington to my parents house in Chicago. Plan is to drop the kid off at my parents house and then explore Indiana for a week.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
My wife, daughter and myself are all jabbed so we got tickets for Animal Kingdom over the Easter break.

Offline imref

just booked my first work trip in about a year.

Offline Natsinpwc

just booked my first work trip in about a year.
Texas?

Offline imref

Texas?

:hysterical:  Chicago, they have running water there. :)

Offline GataNats

My wife, daughter and myself are all jabbed so we got tickets for Animal Kingdom over the Easter break.

The schtick is beyond tired

Offline OldChelsea

British pubs and restaurants set to re-open 12th April...and boy are they snapping up the booking dates - lotsa luck getting a drink if you're over there in the immediately ensuing months: https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/14326584/pubs-restaurants-book-april-12-fullers-youngs/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
British pubs and restaurants set to re-open 12th April...and boy are they snapping up the booking dates - lotsa luck getting a drink if you're over there in the immediately ensuing months: https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/14326584/pubs-restaurants-book-april-12-fullers-youngs/

In the meantime however, a new "English pub" will soon be opening in Vienna Va.  (great timing)  Prior to COVID I became acquainted with the primary owner of this pub.  He's an architect who became very fond of the English pub scene on his visits there and is trying to replicate the experience here.  He wants to really target UK expats who are looking for a home away from home, place to watch premier football, etc.

https://www.tysonsreporter.com/2020/09/14/new-british-pub-coming-to-vienna-offers-community-gathering-spaces/