Author Topic: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread  (Read 147760 times)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Thought you might be at Fenway

Just got back from Gulf Shores, AL.  I-81 sinkhole was a nightmare but other than that, the "Redneck Riviera" is well worth the trip.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Right down the road from me :thumbs:  did you hit up the Florabama?

From what I understand, the Floribama is not exactly kid friendly.  :lol:

Went to Tacky Jacks, LuLu's and Cici's though.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Thought you might be at Fenway

My jerk Red Sox fan friends are jerks.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
From what I understand, the Floribama is not exactly kid friendly.  :lol:

Went to Tacky Jacks, LuLu's and Cici's though.

Haha the Florabama is fine, just not during the Mullet Toss :lol: Lulu's is great too though, glad you left before the storms got here today.

Offline blue911

....   and they're makin' the most of it.    :)     I told the missus they don't realize, "I got all day."

I like to show up in person to deal with these types of problems. I find drumming on a person's desk and chewing gum with my mouth open to be great negotiating tools.

Offline Natsinpwc

I like to show up in person to deal with these types of problems. I find drumming on a person's desk and chewing gum with my mouth open to be great negotiating tools.
I know what you mean and that's usually do; not sure I could penetrate the walls of the USPS district office and it's a bit of a drive so figured I would pursue via phone. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
But you're like that everyday Blue

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Oh I do too but going to the local SSA office is a unique experience.    You usually don't get someone at a desk.   It's like the DMV.   You get a window.    I called the other day and I had to ask the person answering the phone their name   ...   three times.    It's not just the visit.   It's how the case is handled generally.     You are the enemy.

Offline HalfSmokes

My car was damaged a couple weeks ago in a post office parking lot due to a spike I didn't see sticking out of a concrete parking barrier. They had put a plastic sign over it which had blown away. Someone there filled out a claim form and I attached a statement. Haven't heard anything in two weeks and spoke to the first live human today despite calls and left messages at different locations. Meanwhile got three estimates and had it fixed; minor damage and just a little over 100. Fender needed adjusting. The person who does these claims for USPS is of course out this week!  The person I spoke with today said it could take up to 3 months to resolve. I wanted to tell her I was surprised they could do that quickly but but my tongue.

because resolving the same thing on private property would involve an insurance company going out of their way to pay you promptly and fairly? :lmao:

Offline blue911

You are the enemy.

I'm used to that  :mg:

Offline mitlen

I'm used to that  :mg:

It's the best PSYOP you'll ever encounter.    Told the missus their goal is to grind you down to dust and drive you insane.    :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
How about let's get this thread back on track.    :nono:

Last year for us was Montreal/Quebec City.  I think we're going to try to do a "big" vacation every other year.  Kids want to go back to Ireland again.   

This year, we found a decent place at modest price in Salvo, OBX.  Last time we stayed down there my daughter couldn't enjoy the sound-side snorkeling because she's nearly blind without glasses, but I found a prescription mask that adjusts so she's ready to go. 

Offline mitlen

Social Security is a "trip".    ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

because resolving the same thing on private property would involve an insurance company going out of their way to pay you promptly and fairly? :lmao:

First, why should I go through my insurance when it was their negligence. Second I have a deductible. 

Offline HalfSmokes

First, why should I go through my insurance when it was their negligence. Second I have a deductible. 

and if this happened in a CVS parking lot, do you think they would just smile and cut you a check that day? They'd route it through their insurance company who would deal with it whenever they decided to

Offline mitlen

Last year for us was Montreal/Quebec City.  I think we're going to try to do a "big" vacation every other year.  Kids want to go back to Ireland again.   

This year, we found a decent place at modest price in Salvo, OBX.  Last time we stayed down there my daughter couldn't enjoy the sound-side snorkeling because she's nearly blind without glasses, but I found a prescription mask that adjusts so she's ready to go. 

Montreal has always been a fascination of mine but I've never been there.   I've often heard the old English/French thing.    If I go, I'd like to drive and hit spots in the Hudson Valley.    Hit the lakes, etc. and take 9.    Any do(s) and dont's?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Montreal has always been a fascination of mine but I've never been there.   I've often heard the old English/French thing.    If I go, I'd like to drive and hit spots in the Hudson Valley.    Hit the lakes, etc. and take 9.    Any do(s) and dont's?

I don't recommend wearing anything related to Texas.  Montreal is a beautiful city and an amazing place but if you stick out as an American you're probably going to get some static.  That said, full contact full nude strip clubs, great cycling, PK Subban, and tons of great jazz.

Offline Natsinpwc

and if this happened in a CVS parking lot, do you think they would just smile and cut you a check that day? They'd route it through their insurance company who would deal with it whenever they decided to
Yep same thing.  I would expect after a couple of weeks that someone would call me back. Otherwise how would they know what to pay. It's just the don't care attitude.  When it happened the last in the post office said "not again".  The tow truck driver pounded the spine down and some of the other ones that were exposed. If they had done that previously wouldn't have had the problem.

Offline mitlen

Yep same thing.  I would expect after a couple of weeks that someone would call me back. Otherwise how would they know what to pay. It's just the don't care attitude. 

OT again but that's the ball buster.    Total indifference.    Back in the day ( :) ), I would tell folks, "I can deal with good attitudes.   I can deal with bad attitudes.   No attitudes are the killer."

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Kids want to go back to Ireland again.   

Interseting...my oldest daughter loved Ireland.  I was bored to tears there.

Now, London...  :thumbs:

Offline Natsinpwc

Back to the vacation theme. 
In laws in town starting tomorrow.  Will probably take them to the last of the cherry blossoms and some dc museums. Also maybe to see the Amish country and or Gettysburg.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Stop by Good Guys and introduce them to Blue.

Offline mitlen

Stop by Good Guys and introduce them to Blue.

:hysterical:

Offline mitlen

Back to the vacation theme. 
In laws in town starting tomorrow.  Will probably take them to the last of the cherry blossoms and some dc museums. Also maybe to see the Amish country and or Gettysburg.

Gettysburg is one of my favorite places.   If your out (um I mean in) laws are history buffs, Gettysburg does all the work for you.    All you have to do is tag along.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
San Diego for a week at the end of August.  I'm bringing my road bike so anyone know of any sights I should take in that aren't Petco, fish taco stands, TJ whorehouses, or John Reis house?

The San Diego Air and Space Museum is kick ass, if you're into that sorta thing.