Author Topic: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread  (Read 147911 times)

Offline 1995hoo

Re: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread
« Reply #425: October 09, 2015, 09:50:55 PM »
After I took the bar in '87, I did a crazy trip out west, first meeting friends in Dallas (day 1) then flying out to Phoenix, driving up to the south rim via Sedona (day 2), then up to monument valley and four corners to Durango (day 3), I think Durango to Boulder via Black Canyon of the Gunnison and monarch Pass (day 4), through Rocky Mountain National Park to Colorado Springs (Gallery of the G-ds) (day 4), down to Albuquerque via Taos and Santa Fe (day 5), then to Flagstaff through the painted desert / petrified forest (day 6), and back to Phoenix to catch up with a friend from law school (day 7). I forget if I took a red eye out that might, but I made sure I stopped by the site of a major public nuisance case out of AZ. 

Would the case be Spur v. Del Webb, perchance? My torts professor made a big deal out of that case (feed lot near Sun City) as an example of Posnerian economic theory of tort law.

We had dinner at the Stockyards Steakhouse in Phoenix on our final night, but those weren't the same stockyards at issue in Spur v. Del Webb.