Author Topic: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread  (Read 149260 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Cooperstown isn't far off the beaten path.

Lake George is worth a day or two.  The Adirondacks, of course. And Burlington, at the edge of Lake Champlain, what a nice little town. I have to recommend Vermont generally, what a beautiful, clean and tidy place.  Stay a night (camp!) at Lake Willoughby in northern Vermont, closest we have to a fjord.  Easy hike up the ridge that runs along the lake, spectacular views.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Willoughby

Head north up to Montreal, spend a couple of days walking around, but save a few days to head up the St. Lawrence to Quebec. The old English/French thing is a bit overblown, you speak the universal language after all.   :money:

Thanks TT.     Been to Cooperstown  ...   loved it.   As it so happens, my people lived in that area after the Revolution.    Been through Vermont and New Hampshire many times on my back woods trips to New Brunswick.   In fact, went through VT and NH on my son's "Where you aren't goin' to college" trip on the motorcycle.    We stopped by West Point as well as Dartmouth.   :)     I'd like to see Lake Placid and the Olympic complex.