Author Topic: "Holiday Road" - The Official Vacation Thread  (Read 148686 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
The trip I just got back from would technically have been illegal had I gone just a week later: Chicago is now requiring people coming in from Wisconsin to quarantine.  I took two weeks off in September (before the pandemic began - it was supposed to be a trip to Europe) and I refuse on principle to give that time back, but it looks like I will need to delay planning whatever I'm doing until I have a better understanding of where I can and can't go domestically in two months.

I know the feeling. I have four European trips booked for September through December (all originally booked before COVID hit, and one of them already re-scheduled) - fortunately my regular airlines (BA and KLM) have liberalised their re-booking policies so re-scheduling shouldn't be much of a problem; the only thing I'll definitely be out is a non-refundable hotel bill for Vilnius in September.

By the way, according to the two travel insurance companies I use (TravelGuard and Allianz) COVID-caused cancellations are, as a rule, not covered by the travel insurance policies they sell.