Author Topic: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 4  (Read 22404 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 4
« Topic Start: July 16, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
Wish, just this once Adam Dunn was back on the Nats. (Although I like Adam and wish him well). If they throw at Harper, I expect the entire Nats team, even Davey, to go right for the Clown manager. Let's see, Bo Porter would be closest, and Bo looks pretty big. Will have to assign Morse as a body-guard to Davey, who looks frail these days. (See pictures of Davey in '86)

[From old story, I heard Keith Hernandez tease Ron Darling about a brawl the Mets started the half-year after Joe Torre was fired and before Davey was hired to manage. Guy named Frank Howard was managing the Mets when a fight started. "We got out of the dugout, maybe 30 seconds even a minute of grappling, and Hondo got mad. He came out of the dugout, grabbing two players at once and throwing them to the ground. Growled, "That's enough, mother-frackers"...yep, the sheriff had arrived. We went back to both dugouts pretty meekly. Umps hardly had to do a thing. Gentle Giant, yeah, but don't get Frank Howard mad."]

I'm pretty sure Davey would have a heart attack if he tried to run to the Marlins bench. He looks tired just jogging to the umpire.