Author Topic: Anyone play OOTP?  (Read 16583 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Re: Anyone play OOTP?
« Reply #250: November 14, 2018, 07:42:43 AM »
This league is a crap ton of fun and learning OOTP is pretty easy (and addictive). I’ve been in 10+ leagues over the years and this is easily the best in terms of team development, league chemistry, and game play. Our two commissioners are really cool guys with zero attitude, drama, and/or autistic screeching (a rarity in the OOTP world).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #251: April 01, 2019, 08:23:58 AM »
OOTP is not releasing a mlb manager mobile for 2019, instead they’ll introduce a new game in the summer

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/showthread.php?t=299311

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #252: August 04, 2019, 04:27:35 PM »
Still recruiting! PM if interested

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #253: October 11, 2019, 08:36:26 PM »
We moved to OOTP20 (currently on sale for $9.99!) and have a team or two open.

Offline HattoriHanzo

• expos/Nats fan since 1980
« Reply #254: October 15, 2019, 07:26:18 AM »
This league is a crap ton of fun and learning OOTP is pretty easy (and addictive). I’ve been in 10+ leagues over the years and this is easily the best in terms of team development, league chemistry, and game play. Our two commissioners are really cool guys with zero attitude, drama, and/or autistic screeching (a rarity in the OOTP world).

All that matters to me in the leagues I'm in are that the commish doesn't cheat. I'd say that almost all commissioners do cheat whether its looking at true ratings of prospects before the draft and also looking up the hidden coaches ratings (not really that big of a deal as you can look it up if you play a solo game and look it up there), fixing ratings of their team or others, etc. 

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #255: October 15, 2019, 07:40:06 AM »
All that matters to me in the leagues I'm in are that the commish doesn't cheat. I'd say that almost all commissioners do cheat whether its looking at true ratings of prospects before the draft and also looking up the hidden coaches ratings (not really that big of a deal as you can look it up if you play a solo game and look it up there), fixing ratings of their team or others, etc. 

Ours do not (and I’m not a commish) We did have an issue with a member cheating, though. He started as a fill in for a past commissioner who still had access but then he got his own team. Several seasons later things started to look suspicious. He was caught and put on public display (this is a large forum not just for OOTP)

Most players are there to have fun, not necessarily minmax their way to another ship.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #256: October 15, 2019, 09:22:33 AM »

I was in a league like that with some people from this board but they kicked me out for calling them BernieBros before I had a chance to really grind their dicks over that crap.

The league Kevrock and I are in is probably the fairest league out there. Just be warned - the ball busting there makes the attempts at humor here seem quaint.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #257: October 31, 2019, 09:49:00 PM »
Anyone know if there’s a way to start an MLB game in the current offseason? With the season results?

I want to do a new run and take a team with no WS yet, but want the Nats to have theirs.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #258: April 20, 2020, 11:49:06 AM »
I know a few of you are bored! Come play in our online league!!!

We're still on OOTP 20, but we could probably find a key if you don't own it and want to give an online league a shot.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #259: October 02, 2021, 10:19:18 PM »
Bump. Two openings in our league - Openings are rare these days! PM if interested.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #260: August 11, 2022, 03:26:14 PM »
Never played this game, but considering picking it up to take over the post-Soto dumpster fire. Does OOTP have real minors?

Offline dracnal

« Reply #261: August 11, 2022, 04:07:26 PM »
Never played this game, but considering picking it up to take over the post-Soto dumpster fire. Does OOTP have real minors?

It's incredibly thorough. The opening day rosters includes the real rosters with rated players down through the rookie leagues. It's also extremely good at generating a fictional league (which is a very popular way to play it). You can get ridiculously detailed in how much control you have and it follows the correct rules for roster construction, injuries, etc. Leagues typically sim a certain number of games each irl day at a set time - like 10 games at 2pm every day or something similar - for those you play the role of GM as well as setting up roster construction, lineups, pitching rotation, and setting preferences for how likely a team is to steal, etc.

If you are playing by yourself, you can play the same as above, or you can dive in a bit more to play the manager and make pitch by pitch calls on what to do for pitch selection, pitchouts, shifts, when to start warming up the bullpen, etc.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #262: August 23, 2022, 11:29:37 AM »

Yes, you can do a "live start" and you'll get the Nats roster as of today. CJ Abrams and Green are very well rated in game. Not sure about all the others.

It's a great game.