Author Topic: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 1  (Read 25106 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Nationals vs Orioles, Game 1
« Reply #800: May 18, 2012, 11:31:05 PM »
Why did baseball even bother coming back to dc if we are going to keep losing to the freaking orioles.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #801: May 19, 2012, 12:02:09 AM »
The league can't be happy.  Baltimore is screwing up its role as AL East feeder fish.   

Why did baseball even bother coming back to dc if we are going to keep losing to the freaking orioles.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #802: May 19, 2012, 12:48:08 AM »
why are we bunting? this guy isnt close to the plate.

That was my thought exactly.  That pitcher looked wild.  I think he would have walked Desmond.

Terrible loss tonight after some very good pitching by Jackson.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #803: May 19, 2012, 01:29:21 AM »
There must be 10,000 Oriole fans in hiding that came out just for tonights game. The gentleman next to me made it a habit to turn to his wife after every Nats strikeout and yell "that's why you don't freak with Baltimore!!!!"   Same clown said "NL baseball is boring!  JJ for MVP."

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #804: May 19, 2012, 06:15:19 AM »

With the sobriety that morning brings I'm thinking about this a bit more and still wondering how it is possible that a great city like the District can continue to lose to a wasteland like Baltimore.  Back when baseball first returned, both teams sucked, and the only thing that made the season tolerable was that we were beating the Os on a regular enough basis, either winning the season series outright or at least clinching the MASN Cup via  a better overall record.  But these last few years it has been loss after stinking loss.  Even the Skins keep losing to the Ravens every four years.  The only thing we've got is that we stole the Bullets, but the piece of crap Wizards are hardly a point of pride.  How is it possible that the Nats are finally, finally decent and the Os decide to have their first winning season in 15 years and they are somehow better?  Why did baseball even bother coming back to DC if we are going to keep losing to the freaking Orioles?  I need a Goddamn drink.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #805: May 19, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »
I think the wheels are about to come off.The smoke and mirrors cannot be sustained.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #806: May 19, 2012, 07:52:33 AM »
words

Every orioles chant was easily countered by mentioning bums and trash fires. One guy freaked out when I told him his taxes went up yesterday, haha. He was in serious denial (maybe his job sweeping up puke at M and T Bank Stadium doesn't pay 100k). Remember, they have to live in that pit of hell.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #807: May 19, 2012, 09:06:27 AM »
With the sobriety that morning brings I'm thinking about this a bit more and still wondering how it is possible that a great city like the District can continue to lose to a wasteland like Baltimore.  Back when baseball first returned, both teams sucked, and the only thing that made the season tolerable was that we were beating the Os on a regular enough basis, either winning the season series outright or at least clinching the MASN Cup via  a better overall record.  But these last few years it has been loss after stinking loss.  Even the Skins keep losing to the Ravens every four years.  The only thing we've got is that we stole the Bullets, but the piece of crap Wizards are hardly a point of pride.  How is it possible that the Nats are finally, finally decent and the Os decide to have their first winning season in 15 years and they are somehow better?  Why did baseball even bother coming back to DC if we are going to keep losing to the freaking Orioles?  I need a Goddamn drink.

lol @ needing a drink at 6am. I feel the same way. I hate losing to BMore.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #808: May 19, 2012, 09:14:46 AM »
There must be 10,000 Oriole fans in hiding that came out just for tonights game. The gentleman next to me made it a habit to turn to his wife after every Nats strikeout and yell "that's why you don't freak with Baltimore!!!!"   Same clown said "NL baseball is boring!  JJ for MVP."

Looked bigger than 10k - announced attendance was 36,680 (accurate) and it looked like at least a third Orioles supporters...there was even a significant turn-out of them in the TDSITH neighbourhood and throughout the 300's, which usually don't get large opposition crowds.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #809: May 19, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
I feel as bad this morning as I did last night about this game.    Someone mentioned earlier, this could be walking off the cliff with the season.   We are in a really tough stretch and somebody (non pitcher) needs to step up.   I thought it might might be LaRoche ..  maybe not.   Zim doesn't look right.   Harper ...  I'd like to see it but  ...   Desmond  ...  Roger, Danny, Flores, Nady, etc.   filler only.   Hey Davey, maybe it's time to give Lombo and Moore some regular playing time.   They can't be much worse than who you're playing now.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #810: May 19, 2012, 09:39:23 AM »
Better make some lineup changes tonight. Have to win this game at all costs.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #811: May 19, 2012, 09:41:07 AM »
Looked bigger than 10k - announced attendance was 36,680 (accurate) and it looked like at least a third Orioles supporters...there was even a significant turn-out of them in the TDSITH neighbourhood and throughout the 300's, which usually don't get large opposition crowds.

I'm going to guess the fans were split 60/40 in favor of the Nats. One thing I noted was the Baltimore inferiority complex in full bloom. They were not content to cheer for their team. They had to always talk smack to any Nats fans nearby. Most Nats fans just ignored them.

There was an Orioles fan next to me with two young boys. He was not content to cheer with them. Every time he cheered he would turn to me and make sure I heard it. I wanted to let him know that he was role modeling an obnoxious, in-your-face behavior. But I just ignored him, as if to let him know that I don't think any O's fans is worthy of my attention. That just stokes their insecurities even more. :rofl:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #812: May 19, 2012, 09:43:50 AM »
The O's should not be this good. They look like a 75 win team, I don't see how they can keep this pace up.

This is really disheartening. The Nats are falling apart before our eyes and the O's are playing their best baseball in years.

If Ross gives up a few early runs tonight it's going to get ugly.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #813: May 19, 2012, 09:55:08 AM »
The O's should not be this good. They look like a 75 win team, I don't see how they can keep this pace up.

This is really disheartening. The Nats are falling apart before our eyes and the O's are playing their best baseball in years.

...mercifully I'll be missing tonight's match for the Mystics' home opener (although if the transit connections really click I might be able to catch the late innings on the radio)...but I'll be back in TBSITH Sunday afternoon and we'd better pull out at least one of these - preferably both, with that killer road trip following immediately after.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #814: May 19, 2012, 10:07:58 AM »
I'm going to guess the fans were split 60/40 in favor of the Nats. One thing I noted was the Baltimore inferiority complex in full bloom. They were not content to cheer for their team. They had to always talk smack to any Nats fans nearby. Most Nats fans just ignored them.

There was an Orioles fan next to me with two young boys. He was not content to cheer with them. Every time he cheered he would turn to me and make sure I heard it. I wanted to let him know that he was role modeling an obnoxious, in-your-face behavior. But I just ignored him, as if to let him know that I don't think any O's fans is worthy of my attention. That just stokes their insecurities even more. :rofl:

What else has inflated the stuffed shirts in Baltiless even more is the relative success of the Ravens (a Super Bowl, going to the playoffs more often than not) compared to the tattered Burgundy and Gold empire - the same thing basically that makes many Red Sox supporters such crashing bores (Red Sox 86-year drought ends just as the Patriots are running off a string of Super Bowls and the Celtics ending a championship drought of their own).

DC needs a championship...from one of its 'Big Four' pro clubs (Caps, Nats, Skins, Wizards)...now more than ever.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #815: May 19, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »

I've always found that asking such fans to "pull my finger" confounds them.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #816: May 19, 2012, 10:36:16 AM »
freak!!!!! Why do we  keep losing to these jerks! Already heard from some friends about how the stadium was full of Orioles fans. Course I responded with "Good to see you guys come out for once. Its a shame you guys don't ever go to your own freaking stadium".

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #817: May 19, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
I feel as bad this morning as I did last night about this game.    Someone mentioned earlier, this could be walking off the cliff with the season.   We are in a really tough stretch and somebody (non pitcher) needs to step up.   I thought it might might be LaRoche ..  maybe not.   Zim doesn't look right.   Harper ...  I'd like to see it but  ...   Desmond  ...  Roger, Danny, Flores, Nady, etc.   filler only.   Hey Davey, maybe it's time to give Lombo and Moore some regular playing time.   They can't be much worse than who you're playing now.

:clap:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #818: May 19, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
What else has inflated the stuffed shirts in Baltiless even more is the relative success of the Ravens (a Super Bowl, going to the playoffs more often than not) compared to the tattered Burgundy and Gold empire - the same thing basically that makes many Red Sox supporters such crashing bores (Red Sox 86-year drought ends just as the Patriots are running off a string of Super Bowls and the Celtics ending a championship drought of their own).

DC needs a championship...from one of its 'Big Four' pro clubs (Caps, Nats, Skins, Wizards)...now more than ever.

Not all Ravens fans are bad.  :lol:

I love my Ravens, but I like the 'Skins also. It's hard for me to really call the Ravens/Skins a rivalry when they don't play each other every year.

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #819: May 19, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »
BTW, Worst feeling I've had at the end of a baseball game in a long time. Worst was when we got swept at Camden Yards a few years ago. Hating doing the walk of shame out of OPACY while those crapheads talked crap.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #820: May 19, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »

They'll fall off- at the end of the day, the rays and jays are better run and the sox and Yankees have more resources

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #821: May 19, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
We can still take the series and a winning home stand with wins tonight and tomorrow.

Offline Fan037

« Reply #822: May 19, 2012, 11:51:30 AM »
We're falling back to our routine of not hitting.  In the last Pittsburgh game, we had two runners on second and third.  If someone got a hit, we'd have tied the game.

Same last night - lots of opportunities and no timely hit.  Harper on third and we get a big fat nothing.

For sure, I would put Lombardozzi in left field - the kid usually finds a way to get on base.

I'm also worried about Detweiler.  He had a rough outing last time out.  What has kept us in games is our pitching.  If he starts out badly....... :hang:

Offline Jski

« Reply #823: May 19, 2012, 12:16:20 PM »
I guess they have brag about something other than the high VD rate in that city.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #824: May 19, 2012, 12:18:28 PM »
that non-strike, which was a strike, to markakis is pissing me off still.

oh and the offense is such a disgrace.

lol @ those who would rather have ankiel/bernadina over bourjos.