Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 30499 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Reply #1250: April 09, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »
The Mets played WORSE.  The Mets won in the bottom of the 9th, in spite of all the bad things you mentioned for the Nationals.

Regardless of how badly the Nationals played, the umpires played a noticeable role in the outcome of this game and that should never happen.

...and it certainly shouldn't go unmentioned...which apparently it's going to from the Nationals.
Pelfrey had 8 Ks and kept his team in the game and helped himself with a double and run scored. Their bullpen was flawless. They had three two out RBIs and successfully executed a SAC bunt in the 9th, the same SAC bunt that we failed at.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1251: April 09, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »
I'm not really blaming the umpires for the loss. That's loser talk. But the 2B umpire did cost the Nats a couple of runs. I didn't have a problem with the walk Rodriguez issued to lead off the 9th. You can't get everything to go your way. I was just addressing the fact that you have complained about umps in the past.

i had problems with the edwin jackson 2 strike pitch that was called a ball right before the homer.  it was a strike.  if you say it's not a strike well i'd be happy to bring up multiple examples tonight on pitches that were the exact same and called strikes for when the nats were batting.  you can't harp on strikes/balls all game long, but when it continues to be awful, you have an argument.

the 2nd base play, i thought he was out when i saw the play originally ... then i saw it in slow motion ... he beat it.  now that's a debate for a different day (should we have replays on crap like that), but he was safe and obviously with werth's triple we have an extra run, a man on 3B and just one out. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #1252: April 09, 2012, 11:17:37 PM »
This is what has me concerned:

Dan Kolko ‏

Espinosa says he's fine. Caught an elbow in the head. Was dizzy for a second but that passed. #Nats

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1253: April 09, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
Pelfrey had 8 Ks and kept his team in the game and helped himself with a double and run scored. Their bullpen was flawless. They had three two out RBIs and successfully executed a SAC bunt in the 9th, the same SAC bunt that we failed at.

OMG

LOL AT PELFREY'S EIGHT STRIKEOUTS! You can't be serious. Did you see Pelfrey's strikezone? Did you see EJaxs?

There is no chance you actually watched this game

Offline PC

« Reply #1254: April 09, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »

Edwin Jackson had 6Ks, 3R and gave up 4 hits and walked 2.  Pelfrey had 8Ks, 3R and 10 hits and 1 walk.

Jackson had the better night.

...and Jackson didn't get the tremendous gift at 2nd base.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1255: April 09, 2012, 11:20:20 PM »
OMG

LOL AT PELFREY'S EIGHT STRIKEOUTS! You can't be serious. Did you see Pelfrey's strikezone? Did you see EJaxs?

Yeah, a big impact in the game.

Oh well. Hopefully Zimmerman sets it off tomorrow with 4 homers in 4 AB's. I'd like to see Detwiler have a repeat performance like he did that one gem vs the Mets. I hope Desmond and LaRoche continue their hot streaks. I hope for a lot of things...

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1256: April 09, 2012, 11:20:23 PM »
Edwin Jackson had 6Ks, 3R and gave up 4 hits and walked 2.  Pelfrey had 8Ks, 3R and 10 hits and 1 walk.

Jackson had the better night.

...and Jackson didn't get the tremendous gift at 2nd base.

And the preposterous strike zone

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1257: April 09, 2012, 11:21:48 PM »
I really, really, really liked Edwin Jackson tonight.  I will give credit to Rizzo/Lerners for bringing him in. 

If he gets the "strike" call we're all celebrating a Nats win tonight. 

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1258: April 09, 2012, 11:21:56 PM »
Yeah, a big impact in the game.

Oh well. Hopefully Zimmerman sets it off tomorrow with 4 homers in 4 AB's. I'd like to see Detwiler have a repeat performance like he did that one gem vs the Mets. I hope Desmond and LaRoche continue their hot streaks. I hope for a lot of things...

Ugh,

I'm way too fired up. But complacent attitudes is the reason why we've had to endure these clown officials for over 100 years. There's no reason we have to put up with this crap any longer. It has to stop.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1259: April 09, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
I really, really, really liked Edwin Jackson tonight.  I will give credit to Rizzo/Lerners for bringing him in. 

If he gets the "strike" call we're all celebrating a Nats win tonight. 

I thought he was really good tonight too. I especially liked the way he responded despite the preposterous officiating.

Bleh

I'm a horrible poster tonight

Awful awful awful

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1260: April 09, 2012, 11:24:36 PM »
Ugh,

I'm way too fired up. But complacent attitudes is the reason why we've had to endure these clown officials for over 100 years. There's no reason we have to put up with this crap any longer. It has to stop.

At least incorporate an instant replay/challenge system. Game lengths don't bother me much, since there's really nothing else on.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1261: April 09, 2012, 11:24:39 PM »
I thought he was really good tonight too. I especially liked the way he responded despite the preposterous officiating.

Bleh

Awful awful awful

Edwin was super sad after he was pinch hit for. At least Nady got a hit.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1262: April 09, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »

Bleh

Awful awful awful

we're all nasty ... it's a game the nats should've won. 

but just throwing it out there, there's no doubt e-jax was a LOT better than gio in the first go around.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1263: April 09, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »
Aww this thread got clubbed :evil:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1264: April 09, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
I don't see how blaming the umps for being bags of ass is "loser talk".  Nobody's denying that the Nats have serious deficiencies or that they shouldn't have put more of a hurting on Pelfrey, but seriously, the umps may very well have - and in my opinion probably did - alter the outcome of the game.  That's bullcrap any way you slice it.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1265: April 09, 2012, 11:27:24 PM »
Aww this thread got clubbed :evil:

"Go home and be a family man"

Guile Theme

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1266: April 09, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
At least incorporate an instant replay/challenge system. Game lengths don't bother me much, since there's really nothing else on.

Yes, this is an absolute must. In the time it takes a manager to go out and argue a call, it can be reviewed and corrected.

Sigh, I feel like I'm going to have to tolerate these horrible, biased, corrupt, ego maniacal, incompetent clowns forever

Maybe this is what the Mayans were talking about?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1267: April 09, 2012, 11:28:33 PM »
I don't see how blaming the umps for being bags of ass is "loser talk".  Nobody's denying that the Nats have serious deficiencies or that they shouldn't have put more of a hurting on Pelfrey, but seriously, the umps may very well have - and in my opinion probably did - alter the outcome of the game.  That's bullcrap any way you slice it.

excellent post.  there's plenty of blame to go around tonight.  it's unfortunate an umpiring crew has to be invovled in it, but it's just the truth.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1268: April 09, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »

AMEN

This is exactly my feeling on the matter.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1269: April 09, 2012, 11:30:36 PM »
Excellent!  Nattitude haiku time!

H-Rod craps in bed
Werth gets only hit of year
A frog croaks in mist
EJacks was not bad.
We should have won tonight's game.
Ump placed bet on Mets.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1270: April 09, 2012, 11:30:37 PM »

horrible post. it has loser talk written all over it.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1271: April 09, 2012, 11:31:23 PM »
horrible post. it has loser talk written all over it.

loser talk it has
hammonds hates bernadina
sportsfan off his meds

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1272: April 09, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
LOL

The Haiku are slaying me

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1273: April 09, 2012, 11:35:01 PM »
loser talk it has
hammonds hates bernadina
sportsfan off his meds

i don't hate bernadina.  i just don't think he's a big leaguer. 

if you have noticed, all offseason i have begged for a CF ... and we didn't get one.  is ankiel an upgrade over bernadina?  i guess, sure (even though that's not saying ....) , but we need a real CF. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1274: April 09, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »
I have another gif I'm going to make when I'm at my CPU. It should be a good upset/horrible call GIF with Ryan Zimmerman.