Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1  (Read 32110 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 1
« Reply #1225: April 09, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »
No, you can't bank on the fact that the Nats would have gotten that fifth run.  They were  leaving runners on all night. 

And there's no way to say they don't. Pelfrey is gone at that point, there's a runner on third with one out. Even if Pelfrey is in, the next hit was to the right of the infield, Werth probably scores there anyway.

Doesn't matter, that totally BLOWN call at 2nd had a huge impact on the game and that is totally unacceptable.

Offline PC

« Reply #1226: April 09, 2012, 11:03:36 PM »
Marginal upgrade at best. We need Morse out there sooner rather than later. I wish Bernadina would start hitting more in CF but he's just not an every day option unfortunately (damn).

Are you kidding?  DeRosa give us NOTHING at the plate.  ZERO.  ZILCH  Lombardozzi has hit at every level he's played and he already has one this season in TWO AB's. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #1227: April 09, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
Nats had a 3-0 lead in the third and couldn't tack on an additional 2 runs over the last 6 innings which would have won them the game likely. The offense choked.

2 runners on and no out and they blew it because of a bad bunt and then two weak ABs after.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1228: April 09, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »
I hate umpires as much as anybody but if you blame them for this loss you are dreaming. That is loser talk. This team did not deserve to win the game.

That bad call cost the Nats two runs. We used to have a thread dedicated to the Nats getting hosed by umpires. Somebody please find it to see if SF posted anything that can be perceived as "loser talk". This coming from someone who is constantly nagging about how the other team gets a bigger strike zone and Nats pitchers always get squeezed.  :lmao:

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1229: April 09, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »
You can't but you can at least say we would have had a better chance with a man on 2nd and 1 out instead of bases empty and 2 outs.

Man on third with 1 out

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #1230: April 09, 2012, 11:04:34 PM »
ESPNNews kicked in on MASN. Every other team they are showing, including the O's, got some seriously solid hits. I hate the offense.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1231: April 09, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
I don't think so, I heard they were going to bring him back on Thursday for the home opener

if he has shown he's healthy enough then bring him back.  4 games (and 2 since he had treatment), who knows. 

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #1232: April 09, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »
Are you kidding?  DeRosa give us NOTHING at the plate.  ZERO.  ZILCH  Lombardozzi has hit at every level he's played and he already has one this season in TWO AB's. 
I like Lombo but I'm not convinced that his bat will play at this level. Singles hitter who often seems to struggle to hit the ball hard. But you are right in that DeRosa is giving us nothing and Nady looks equally as bad.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #1233: April 09, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
And there's no way to say they don't. Pelfrey is gone at that point, there's a runner on third with one out. Even if Pelfrey is in, the next hit was to the right of the infield, Werth probably scores there anyway.

Doesn't matter, that totally BLOWN call at 2nd had a huge impact on the game and that is totally unacceptable.

umm, sure I can say they don't get that run ....because they didn't.  If it's 4-3 in the ninth there's a good chance Hrod is in as closer, just like he was in Chicago and the same/similar scenario plays out.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1234: April 09, 2012, 11:05:49 PM »
Man on third with 1 out

I'm not counting the Werth triple yet since we don't know if he would've gotten his first hit there. I'm just saying that I'd rather be in a position with LaRoche on 2nd with 1 out rather than having Werth come up with 2 outs and bases empty.

Offline PC

« Reply #1235: April 09, 2012, 11:06:11 PM »
I like Lombo but I'm not convinced that his bat will play at this level. Singles hitter who often seems to struggle to hit the ball hard. But you are right in that DeRosa is giving us nothing and Nady looks equally as bad.

A singles hitter is better than what DeRosa is.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #1236: April 09, 2012, 11:06:40 PM »
That bad call cost the Nats two runs. We used to have a thread dedicated to the Nats getting hosed by umpires. Somebody please find it to see if SF posted anything that can be perceived as "loser talk". This coming from someone who is constantly nagging about how the other team gets a bigger strike zone and Nats pitchers always get squeezed.  :lmao:
Dude I hate umpires but I am not blaming them for this one. I have blamed them for losses in the past but the Nats played like crap tonight for the most part. They were the biggest culprit in the loss. Unclutch hitting, a terrible  2 out mistake by Edwin Jackson, and a bad 9th inning from HRod and that was it.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1237: April 09, 2012, 11:07:05 PM »

:clap:

when we were reallyyyyyyyyy bad we would blame umps a lot ... we'd blame luck ... we'd blame other teams fans ... we'd blame teddy ... etc. 

today was a lot of missed opportunities and just awful umpiring.  FP usually keeps to himself on calls, but yeah he was pretty livid tonight.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1238: April 09, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
I can't wait until Morse and (I can't believe I'm saying it) Ankiel come back. I'm done with DeRosa and Bernadina - It's only the 4th game.

DeRosa is a utility player, not a starter. BernAAAAdinAAAA is a retreAAAAd.

Harper should replace Werth. We should trade for a CF. Morse - CF - Harper. There.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #1239: April 09, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »
ESPNNews kicked in on MASN. Every other team they are showing, including the O's, got some seriously solid hits. I hate the offense.

There's not much offense to be found in the NL East right now.  Gonna be a lot of these games this year.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1240: April 09, 2012, 11:07:46 PM »

money ... buys ... bats

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1241: April 09, 2012, 11:08:39 PM »
umm, sure I can say they don't get that run ....because they didn't.  If it's 4-3 in the ninth there's a good chance Hrod is in as closer, just like he was in Chicago and the same/similar scenario plays out.

No, that's not how it works. That play was in the 4th inning. The ENTIRE game changes after that.

And that's the crux of the entire point. The appalling officiating.

Make the right call at 2nd base, Nats get at least 1 more run
Have a frickin clue of a strike zone at the plate and Mets get maybe 1 run.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #1242: April 09, 2012, 11:08:40 PM »
I can't wait until Morse and (I can't believe I'm saying it) Ankiel come back. I'm done with DeRosa and Bernadina - It's only the 4th game.

DeRosa is a utility player, not a starter. BernAAAAdinAAAA is a retreAAAAd.

my brother and i are in different states right now chief ... i did not post that.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1243: April 09, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
A singles hitter is better than what DeRosa is.

A singles hitter is better than half our lineup.

Offline jhuterp

« Reply #1244: April 09, 2012, 11:09:44 PM »
Dude I hate umpires but I am not blaming them for this one. I have blamed them for losses in the past but the Nats played like crap tonight for the most part. They were the biggest culprit in the loss. Unclutch hitting, a terrible  2 out mistake by Edwin Jackson, and a bad 9th inning from HRod and that was it.

Well said.   This game sucked.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1245: April 09, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
There's not much offense to be found in the NL East right now.  Gonna be a lot of these games this year.

Luckily, you're right. I just hope we finally get lucky and its not all us. I'd love to see us win games vs ATL and PHI this year because they failed to hit.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #1246: April 09, 2012, 11:12:25 PM »

I'm not really blaming the umpires for the loss. That's loser talk. But the 2B umpire did cost the Nats a couple of runs. I didn't have a problem with the walk Rodriguez issued to lead off the 9th. You can't get everything to go your way. I was just addressing the fact that you have complained about umps in the past.

Offline PC

« Reply #1247: April 09, 2012, 11:14:09 PM »

The Mets played WORSE.  The Mets won in the bottom of the 9th, in spite of all the bad things you mentioned for the Nationals.

Regardless of how badly the Nationals played, the umpires played a noticeable role in the outcome of this game and that should never happen.

...and it certainly shouldn't go unmentioned...which apparently it's going to from the Nationals.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #1248: April 09, 2012, 11:14:17 PM »
Lol, I was sorta half joking. But seriously, this thread needs to lighten up.

It'll take an entire day (well, until first pitch tomorrow) for this place to lighten up after a game like tonight's. Just garbage all around.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #1249: April 09, 2012, 11:15:05 PM »
Well said.   This game sucked.

Sorry,

To say the umps had no IMPACT on this game is loser talk.  NOTHING CHANGES if we just roll over and accept this appalling crap from the officials. Tonight was UNACCEPTABLE

I can't believe this. How can anyone be ok with what they witnessed tonight? The Nats were DENIED the chance on several occasions from incompetent officiating. That cannot happen Ever

When is MLB going to get off their ass and get instant replay? And when are they going to make these clowns accountable? 100% chance nothing is done or said about the impossibly horrible umpire behind the plate. How can anyone be ok with that?