Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL WASHINGTON NATIONALS FANS: IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE PARK!  (Read 59886 times)

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Friday Night the mismatch: Kendrick vs Strasburg

We won't score any runs, so it'll be a pitching duel.

Offline KingHarper

We won't score any runs, so it'll be a pitching duel.
yup. it'll end up looking like strasburg vs. strasburg based on our offense

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
We suck.

OK, Mister.  Put the guns down and walk away from them.  Oh, they're fingagunz?  Fire away, Mister.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
Btw.   SATURDAY'S GAME IS 1PM!  Caps Playoff 1230.  Not sure when the Flyers play.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Btw.   SATURDAY'S GAME IS 1PM!  Caps Playoff 1230.  Not sure when the Flyers play.

Flyers are off Friday and Saturday.  Game 4 is next Sunday at 7:30 - just before the Phillies-Nats game gets underway.

Offline 1995hoo

We have tix to both, so we'll eat the Nats tix if we can't unload them to friends (or does anyone here want them? PM me if so; they're in 409 G). Won't put Phillies tix on StubHub.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Saturday could be ugly, huh? Caps playoff game, no Flyers game, Feffer has been :poke: Philly fans all year.

I'll miss it, thankfully, but be there Sunday.

Offline nats2playoffs

TODAY, 106.7 FM before noon, TheFan's Holden Kushner is giving away 5 passes for people to go on the field with him Friday, when he reads out the starting lineup on the PA system.

DEMAND MORE NATIONALS COVERAGE:

Call 106.7 The Fan at 1-800-636-1067
Text them at 95351

They are now in the middle of endless Redskins coverage...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Well there must be a few Phillies supporters in the Metro management, because look what they've got in store for us that weekend - all lines affected this time:

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5217

Metro weekend track work May 4-6, 2012

Buses replace trains between Greenbelt & Fort Totten; Red Line single tracking in two areas

This release has been updated to correct the amount of additional travel time customers using Green Line shuttle buses should allow.  Green Line customers using shuttle buses should add up to 50 minutes of additional travel time.

Metro's massive rebuilding effort will continue over the weekend of May 4-6.

The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday, May 4 and continue through system closing on Sunday, May 6.

Green Line

Free shuttle buses will replace Green Line trains between Greenbelt and Fort Totten to allow for NTSB-recommended switch replacement. The following 4 stations will be closed:

•Greenbelt
•College Park
•Prince George's Plaza
•West Hyattsville
Green Line trains will operate normally between Fort Totten and Branch Avenue. Customers using shuttle bus service should add up to 50 minutes to their travel time.

Yellow Line

Due to Green Line track work, Yellow Line trains will operate between Mt. Vernon Square and Huntington only.

Red Line

Trains will single track through two work areas:

•Between Forest Glen and Takoma to allow for platform reconstruction at Takoma and Fort Totten stations, as well as fiber optic cable installation.
•Between Van Ness and Dupont Circle to allow for rail and fastener renewal, as well as joint elimination for a smoother ride.
Red Line trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend. Customers should allow 20 minutes of additional travel time. Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Farragut North and New York Avenue only, providing service every 12 minutes in the downtown core.

Orange Line

Trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow for track maintenance, insulator renewal, station dome repairs, platform tile replacement and aerial structure repairs, and between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for testing associated with future Silver Line service. Throughout the weekend, Orange Line trains will operate every 20 minutes. Customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.
Note: Blue Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Orange Line train.

Blue Line

Trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow for track maintenance, insulator renewal, station dome repairs, platform tile replacement and aerial structure repairs. Throughout the weekend, Blue Line trains will operate every 20 minutes. Customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.
Note: Orange Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Blue Line train.

[colour and bolding in original]

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Holy crap.

Well there must be a few Phillies supporters in the Metro management, because look what they've got in store for us that weekend - all lines affected this time:

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5217

Metro weekend track work May 4-6, 2012

Buses replace trains between Greenbelt & Fort Totten; Red Line single tracking in two areas

This release has been updated to correct the amount of additional travel time customers using Green Line shuttle buses should allow.  Green Line customers using shuttle buses should add up to 50 minutes of additional travel time.

Metro's massive rebuilding effort will continue over the weekend of May 4-6.

The work will begin at 10 p.m. Friday, May 4 and continue through system closing on Sunday, May 6.

Green Line

Free shuttle buses will replace Green Line trains between Greenbelt and Fort Totten to allow for NTSB-recommended switch replacement. The following 4 stations will be closed:

•Greenbelt
•College Park
•Prince George's Plaza
•West Hyattsville
Green Line trains will operate normally between Fort Totten and Branch Avenue. Customers using shuttle bus service should add up to 50 minutes to their travel time.

Yellow Line

Due to Green Line track work, Yellow Line trains will operate between Mt. Vernon Square and Huntington only.

Red Line

Trains will single track through two work areas:

•Between Forest Glen and Takoma to allow for platform reconstruction at Takoma and Fort Totten stations, as well as fiber optic cable installation.
•Between Van Ness and Dupont Circle to allow for rail and fastener renewal, as well as joint elimination for a smoother ride.
Red Line trains between Shady Grove and Glenmont will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend. Customers should allow 20 minutes of additional travel time. Between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, additional trains will operate between Farragut North and New York Avenue only, providing service every 12 minutes in the downtown core.

Orange Line

Trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow for track maintenance, insulator renewal, station dome repairs, platform tile replacement and aerial structure repairs, and between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for testing associated with future Silver Line service. Throughout the weekend, Orange Line trains will operate every 20 minutes. Customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.
Note: Blue Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Orange Line train.

Blue Line

Trains will single track between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory to allow for track maintenance, insulator renewal, station dome repairs, platform tile replacement and aerial structure repairs. Throughout the weekend, Blue Line trains will operate every 20 minutes. Customers should allow about 10 minutes of additional travel time.
Note: Orange Line trains will operate 2 minutes before or after each Blue Line train.

[colour and bolding in original]

Offline Zim4Life

And that's why I always drive to the ballpark for weekend games.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

I always drive to the Ballpark for all games.

Offline loshjott

I was planning on driving Sunday night and parking in the cheap lot under the highway. Now I think I'll have to get there by 6:30 to make sure there is space available.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

That's why I bike to all games at Nats Park.  :stir:

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
That's why I bike to all games at Nats Park.  :stir:

Biking home is a little tougher after a few colds ones...

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Biking home is a little tougher after a few colds ones...

No way, that's makes it that much better. 

Offline 1995hoo

Note that the Metro work OC cites is going to exacerbate things even more when you consider that the Caps are playing at 12:30 Saturday, i.e., 35 minutes before the Nats game (though puck drop won't be until 12:45-ish). This is a weekend to drive to whichever game you're attending if possible, or else find an unaffected portion of the Metrorail system (Branch Avenue stop?).

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.

That's great.  No better way to reward Natitude than by making it nearly impossible to get to the game via public transit.

Offline Coladar

That's great.  No better way to reward Natitude than by making it nearly impossible to get to the game via public transit.

for the Sunday night game, unless it's a quickie, Metro won't even be open at games end, if it ends after 11:30 or so, will it? This highlights why you just don't use Metro anymore during non-work hours. It's just a cesspool un by morons who are clueless. Just the Nats, I say fine, it's a big weekend, but we drew under 20k last night. But playoff hockey? Wtf are they on?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
for the Sunday night game, unless it's a quickie, Metro won't even be open at games end, if it ends after 11:30 or so, will it? This highlights why you just don't use Metro anymore during non-work hours. It's just a cesspool un by morons who are clueless. Just the Nats, I say fine, it's a big weekend, but we drew under 20k last night. But playoff hockey? Wtf are they on?

The last trains out of Navy Yard leave at 23.39 (northbound to Greenbelt - Metro site warns that transfer to Red line is not possible) and 00.17 (southbound to Branch Avenue).

About a half hour ago Metro issued this release for persons going to the Caps or Nats matches this weekend (http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5218) including travel tips for persons going to the matches (but nothing about getting from them - rather essential for those going Sunday).

I've never been able to stay later than the middle innings of these Sunday late-prime-time fixtures anyway (and I've got Yellow line and Metrobus connections to be concerned about as well), but all this track work is just going to make a bad thing worse. I'm almost inclined to sell my ticket for that evening, stay home and let Messrs Slowes and Jageler be my guides to the goings-on.

Thing about this match, too, is that even if the action itself proceeds at a good clip, it's going to take longer anyway because of ESPN's national advertising - I'm a regular Sunday Night Baseball listener and rarely, if ever, is the final out recorded by 23.00.

Offline UMDNats

if nothing else i am really happy to see feffer is basically saying "freak everyone else, let's do whatever we can to get these scumbags out of our park"

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football

I wonder how tough it was at the end of the Caps game last night.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
I have an extra ticket if anyone would like to go to Sunday's game.  The good news is that it's free, the bad news is that it's the seat next to me.  PM if you want it.