Author Topic: WP: Nats MASN deal renegotations will have a huge impact  (Read 135395 times)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Route 1. I95 wasn't built yet. That would have been a terrible drive.

The BW Parkway was opened in 1954

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
allowing you to take the Gladys Spellman up to Thurgood Marshall for a flight? The folks at Alleghany must have been really happy.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
allowing you to take the Gladys Spellman up to Thurgood Marshall for a flight? The folks at Alleghany must have been really happy.

The construction method used to build that parkway was a huge fail. They laid slabs of poured concrete instead of pouring it as they built it as is the traditional way. So the result years later was a buckled highway with each slab a different height than the previous. It was a painful journey as the car slammed into the next slab.

Offline GburgNatsFan

Interesting. I wasn't in the area until 1979.

Offline Senatorswin

I was a huge Senators fan as a kid. When they left in "71" I eventually became a big time Orioles fan. Then when Angelos kept trying to block a team coming to  DC I came to despise the O's. I wish I could root for both so I'd have a national league team and American league team but I just can't do it.

Offline Five Banners

I was a huge Senators fan as a kid. When they left in "71" I eventually became a big time Orioles fan. Then when Angelos kept trying to block a team coming to  DC I came to despise the O's. I wish I could root for both so I'd have a national league team and American league team but I just can't do it.

His active working against a team -- to the point where it seemed he spent more focus on that than his own team -- turned indifference to revulsion.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
The construction method used to build that parkway was a huge fail. They laid slabs of poured concrete instead of pouring it as they built it as is the traditional way. So the result years later was a buckled highway with each slab a different height than the previous. It was a painful journey as the car slammed into the next slab.

It was a bumpy, noisy ride for sure.