Author Topic: WP: Nats MASN deal renegotations will have a huge impact  (Read 205794 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
My daughter just texted me - from Dubrovnik, Croatia.  Claims she's watching the game - on MASN. Is that possible?
Satellites don't care where you watch their TV signal from.

Offline Monarch

My daughter just texted me - from Dubrovnik, Croatia.  Claims she's watching the game - on MASN. Is that possible?

Probably an internet stream.

Offline Duke of Earl

Probably an internet stream.
Yeah but I thought MASN doesn't allow streaming.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Yeah but I thought MASN doesn't allow streaming.

It’s easy to find pirate streams via Reddit.

Offline Count Walewski

Sometimes in Eastern Europe they do not respect American IP law.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
firstrowsports has the MASN stream all the time

Offline Natsinpwc

Nats game is free today to stream on mlb.com.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

What are you dense? Satellite coverage is worldwide. Not to mention the internet.   :hysterical:

Offline Duke of Earl

What are you dense?

What are you, an jerk?

Offline Duke of Earl

What are you dense? Satellite coverage is worldwide. Not to mention the internet.   :hysterical:
seriously, who's the dense one?  Who doesn't know that satellite and internet are worldwide? (For christsake, I was once a satellite engineer.)   It doesn't mean that transmission of satellite data can't be prohibited in certain situations.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline dracnal

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Sometimes? 
Just on days that end with "y."

Offline Slateman

Just on days that end with "y."
But every day ends in .... oh :lol:

Offline nfotiu

https://sports.yahoo.com/judge-confirms-tv-rights-payment-nats-orioles-dispute-010221713--mlb.html

Lower beer prices for all!!!!!!  :mg:
Is this getting close to a final decision?   When does it go to the supreme court?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Is this getting close to a final decision?   When does it go to the supreme court?

It's over

Offline nfotiu

It's over
Really?   Wow, that's kind of amazing.  I didn't think I'd see the day.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
MASN filing for Chapter 11 in 3..2..1..

Offline Slateman

So another 100 million that will go right into the Lerners pockets

Offline dracnal

Yeah, I don't know how they'll come up with 588$ million, since the Orioles also just got awarded 296$ million based on the contract.

Edit: unless I'm reading that wrong and the award will have the 198$ million paid already subtracted from it...

Offline 1995hoo

Take note the ruling was from the New York Supreme Court. That is a trial court. In New York, the highest court is the Court of Appeals (like in Maryland) and the intermediate appellate court is the Appellate Division. So the Baltimore franchise will likely try to find some basis to appeal in order to drag it out further.

Offline Slateman

Yeah, I don't know how they'll come up with 588$ million, since the Orioles also just got awarded 296$ million based on the contract.

Edit: unless I'm reading that wrong and the award will have the 198$ million paid already subtracted from it...
Yep, so it's about 100 million to the Nats.

Offline nfotiu

MASN's still bringing in a boatload of revenue for now.  I don't know how many subscribers they have, but it's a pretty vast territory of states (DC, VA, MD,DE,WV,NC and others) whose cable subscribers are paying 3-4$/month (40-50/year) for MASN.  Probably about 150-200 million/year.  So should be an easy payment considering how many years it pays off.