Author Topic: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List  (Read 168746 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Re: Movie Recommendations/Want To See List
« Reply #2950: July 09, 2020, 03:52:34 PM »
I didn't love Hamilton, there I said it.
I turned it off an hour in

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #2951: July 09, 2020, 04:28:02 PM »
I turned it off an hour in

I don't have Disney but was thinking about subscribing.  Sort of have Fear of Missing Out on Hamilton.  Also, would like to watch The Mandalorian. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2952: July 09, 2020, 05:18:06 PM »
did you at least like it? :)
No :(  and I ADORE LMM and the cast was amazing I mean Daveed Diggs? Leslie Odom Jr.? Anthony Ramos? I could tell they were absolutely stellar, but ok here's the thing-I hate musicals that sing ALL THE TIME!!! omg I hated Les Mis for the same reason I've never been so bored watching anything that I was watching that awfulness! I'm an uncultured swine because I do NOT want to be sung at for 2 1/2 hours and a lot of times I couldn't really understand what they were even singing.  The few brief moments they slowed down and ALMOST talked to one another I was like "yes!!! do this more, please!!!" but alas, back to singing :(

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #2953: July 09, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »
I kinda assumed that people only say they like Hamilton because it’s woke to say that you like Hamilton. Specifically white people style woke.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #2954: July 09, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
Almost like opera. And opera sucks.

No :(  and I ADORE LMM and the cast was amazing I mean Daveed Diggs? Leslie Odom Jr.? Anthony Ramos? I could tell they were absolutely stellar, but ok here's the thing-I hate musicals that sing ALL THE TIME!!! omg I hated Les Mis for the same reason I've never been so bored watching anything that I was watching that awfulness! I'm an uncultured swine because I do NOT want to be sung at for 2 1/2 hours and a lot of times I couldn't really understand what they were even singing.  The few brief moments they slowed down and ALMOST talked to one another I was like "yes!!! do this more, please!!!" but alas, back to singing :(

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2955: July 09, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »
I kinda assumed that people only say they like Hamilton because it’s woke to say that you like Hamilton. Specifically white people style woke.

Maybe. I got the soundtrack in late 2016 after watching the PBS documentary.

Offline imref

« Reply #2956: July 09, 2020, 07:39:19 PM »

So you don’t like Phantom either? :)

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2957: July 09, 2020, 07:42:30 PM »
So you don’t like Phantom either? :)
I don't go crazy over musicals but I did enjoy Phantom of the Opera and Les Miz. 

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2958: July 09, 2020, 11:57:03 PM »
Almost like opera. And opera sucks.

Seriously! Give me West Side Story any day!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #2959: July 09, 2020, 11:58:38 PM »
I don't go crazy over musicals but I did enjoy Phantom of the Opera and Les Miz. 

Omg how could anyone “enjoy” Les Miserable??? It literally means people are miserable lol!!!

Offline imref

« Reply #2960: August 12, 2020, 09:46:23 AM »
The Blockbuster twitter account posted for the first time in 6 years last night, and hilarity ensued:

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/business/six-years-after-last-tweet-blockbuster-is-making-a-comeback/2342799/

My favorite was Atari tweeting "hello old friend" (or something like that). 

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #2961: August 16, 2020, 10:28:39 AM »
Finally watched Hamilton.  I was concerned that it my experience of it wouldn't live up to the hype.  So glad I made a point to see it because I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

Offline imref

« Reply #2962: August 26, 2020, 10:11:22 PM »
Macaulay Culkin on Twitter:

Hey guys, wanna feel old?

I'm 40.

You're welcome

Offline dracnal

« Reply #2963: August 26, 2020, 10:30:27 PM »
Macaulay Culkin on Twitter:

Given his career arc, I suspect even at 40 he spends a lot of time Home Alone.

Offline imref

« Reply #2964: August 26, 2020, 11:38:35 PM »
Given his career arc, I suspect even at 40 he spends a lot of time Home Alone.

he'll soon be working on Nursing Home Alone.

Offline imref

« Reply #2965: September 13, 2020, 09:31:23 PM »
Watched the livestream table read of The Princess Bride tonight by most of the original living cast (minus Fred Savage). It was fantastic. Pantankin had the original sword. Billy Crystal is almost old enough to be Miracle Max. Rob  Reiner player the Peter Falk role and Eric Idle was the priest.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2966: September 24, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »
Hallmark has been filming one of their typical made for TV movies in Wilmington here this month. It's called USS Christmas and will air Nov 28 on the new Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel.  Filming took place earlier this month at numerous places around town.  They transformed a home in the Forest Hills neighborhood with Christmas decorations and lots of fake snow. Homes in this desirable neighborhood were built in the 20's and 30's and feature a mix of craftsman, colonials and tudors.  It's close to the downtown/waterfront.  Filming also took place at the Wilmington StarNews as they transformed the newsroom into the fictitious Norfolk Register (fake news?  :mg:  ), on the USS North Carolina (a WWII era battleship permanently docked here), on the USS Yorktown, a WWII era aircraft carrier permanently docked in Charleston, at the Wilmington Railroad Museum, and a couple of restaurants on the waterfront with more fake snow.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2967: September 24, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »
Hallmark has been filming one of their typical made for TV movies in Wilmington here this month. It's called USS Christmas and will air Nov 28 on the new Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel.  Filming took place earlier this month at numerous places around town.  They transformed a home in the Forest Hills neighborhood with Christmas decorations and lots of fake snow. Homes in this desirable neighborhood were built in the 20's and 30's and feature a mix of craftsman, colonials and tudors.  It's close to the downtown/waterfront.  Filming also took place at the Wilmington StarNews as they transformed the newsroom into the fictitious Norfolk Register (fake news?  :mg:  ), on the USS North Carolina (a WWII era battleship permanently docked here), on the USS Yorktown, a WWII era aircraft carrier permanently docked in Charleston, at the Wilmington Railroad Museum, and a couple of restaurants on the waterfront with more fake snow.
:spaz:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #2969: September 24, 2020, 05:00:23 PM »
Not your cup of tea?  :crackup:
Hallmark was enough. Then you said fake snow.

Offline imref

« Reply #2970: October 01, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »
Borat sequel trailer is out.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2971: December 12, 2020, 12:27:39 PM »
Saw the trailer for Songbird. It takes place in 2024 and deals with covid-23 and the quarantines, martial law and government overreach that ensues. Hmmh, my cup of tea. :mg:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2972: December 12, 2020, 01:05:58 PM »
Saw the trailer for Songbird. It takes place in 2024 and deals with covid-23 and the quarantines, martial law and government overreach that ensues. Hmmh, my cup of tea. :mg:
So that means we beat Covid 19. And 20 through 22. Great news!! 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2973: December 12, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »
still say Townshend should update the Lifehouse concept, pull tunes out of Who's Next and other stuff, and do a movie / opera.  How people use cars as their way to move protected from the threat of being exposed to the threat in the environment is pretty similar to Townshend's plot.  Could do drive in church services, testing, car hop service, touchless pizza delivery, retail, and of course testing. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #2974: December 12, 2020, 01:38:29 PM »
So that means we beat Covid 19. And 20 through 22. Great news!! 

Not necessarily. It could be mutating like a mofo before it can be dealt with.