Author Topic: Fielder  (Read 218045 times)

Online blue911

Re: Fielder.
« Reply #25: December 22, 2011, 08:58:23 PM »
Maybe he should change his name to Sutcliffe

Offline PC

« Reply #26: December 22, 2011, 09:00:19 PM »
:lmao: This sentence is completely nonsensical.

Logical impossiblity

I love Espinosa's defense.  What I don't love is him at the plate.  I have no expectation that Espinosa will ever get better.  He'll always be Mark Reynolds with less power...at the plate.  But his defense is very good.

I think Ian Desmond is a harder worker because he's less gifted than Espinosa that's why I think he could become a better all-around player.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #27: December 22, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
I doubt we get Fielder. 

I still think the Lerners are cheap and signing Fielder may mean we trade Zim and put Rendon at 3B at some point.  It's hard to get out of that mindset.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #28: December 22, 2011, 09:01:43 PM »
I love Espinosa's defense.  What I don't love is him at the plate.  I have no expectation that Espinosa will ever get better.  He'll always be Mark Reynolds with less power...at the plate.  But his defense is very good.

I think Ian Desmond is a harder worker because he's less gifted than Espinosa that's why I think he could become a better all-around player.

This is the worst post of the week. you sir win one crap sandwich.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #29: December 22, 2011, 09:02:48 PM »
I was hating the thought of giving Fielder an 8-10 year deal, but now I think it might work. He should still have a lot of value in the 6th year and could be dealt to an AL team at that point. Still, I don't think we'll get him.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #30: December 22, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen...Brant Lagwand is among us.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #31: December 22, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »

This is the worst post of the week. you sir win one crap sandwich.

It's terrible, but my nomination is the post about Yu having better stuff than Strasburg.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #32: December 22, 2011, 09:05:23 PM »
It's terrible, but my nomination is the post about Yu having better stuff than Strasburg.

:lmao:

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #33: December 22, 2011, 09:08:13 PM »
I doubt we get Fielder. 

I still think the Lerners are cheap and signing Fielder may mean we trade Zim and put Rendon at 3B at some point.  It's hard to get out of that mindset.

Probably right, for all the improvement in our rotation, we're still bound to enter the season with the lowest payroll in the league, counting on bounce back years from several guys to muster any sort of acceptable amount of offense.  On the bright side, the average game time is likely to drop under the 2 1/2 hour mark.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #34: December 22, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
I just don't like Danny Espinosa.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #35: December 22, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »

Gotta be the suggestion that Mark Lerner was Boz's source in an attempt to undermine his father.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #36: December 22, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Gotta be the suggestion that Mark Lerner was Boz's source in an attempt to undermine his father.

:lmao: funny week.

Offline PC

« Reply #37: December 22, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »
I don't get the complete and unquestioned devotion to Espinosa in this forum.  He completely ruined my good feelings for him in the second half of the season.  He was striking out looking.  He was stringing out low.  He was striking out high.  He was striking out in the dirt.  He was striking out outside.  He was striking out inside.  He was golden sombreroing practically every week.  He struck out more and uglier than Jayson Werth.  Jayson Werth's blind man swinging a stick strikeouts were nothing compared to what Espinosa was doing.

Ian Desmond struck out almost 30 times less than Espinosa and Desmond had more at-bats!

Strikeouts...bother me a lot.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #38: December 22, 2011, 09:28:15 PM »
Strikeouts...bother me a lot.

You were pretty pissed about us not re-signing Dunn.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #39: December 22, 2011, 09:36:31 PM »

But those strikeouts were different.  They did not come with a premium glove an important defensive position.  Oh, wait, that undercuts the argument.

Online blue911

« Reply #40: December 22, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
But those strikeouts were different.  They did not come with a premium glove an important defensive position.  Oh, wait, that undercuts the argument.

Dunn had the good kind of strikeouts, commonly refered to as HDL K's

Offline PC

« Reply #41: December 22, 2011, 10:11:12 PM »

Oh, I don't want Danny Espinosa to go away.  There are things about Espinosa that I like very much, his defense, specifically.  What I don't like is the complete adulation that Espinosa gets here and the visceral dislike that Desmond gets when, right now, they are both very flawed players.

I'd like a little balance, that's all.

Offline SkinsNDeacs

« Reply #42: December 22, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »
Getting mad about strike outs is so 1995. 

Offline PC

« Reply #43: December 22, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
Getting mad about strike outs is so 1995. 

Well, it would be nice if the team was an average striking out team instead of being dead last in the majors.

I'm still remembering like it's a open wound how this team can't advance runners, can't get a runner home from third with less than two outs because they can't put the damn bat on the ball!  :rant:  This kind of stuff adds up and it's one of the reason why the offense is so bad.

Espinosa strikes out more than any other National so he's the irrational focus of my irrational rage.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #44: December 22, 2011, 10:37:02 PM »
Numerous reports that the Cubs are planning a "complete and total rebuild" and are willing to trade everyone and start over new. They want out of every big albatross contract to return to a clean state. Sounds like they will be out on Fielder, then. Signing him for a complete and total rebuild would be insane, and there is no way Fielder or Boras will be interested.

So that leaves the Mariners and, if the price falls steeply, maybe the Jays and Rangers. And us.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #45: December 22, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »
i don't understand why Seattle doesn't just hand Fielder a check and tell him to fill in an amount of his choosing.  That team more than any other needs him.

Offline PC

« Reply #46: December 22, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
I don't know why he'd want to go to Seattle...other than money.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #47: December 22, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »

i know he's a vegan, but does he eat fish?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #48: December 22, 2011, 10:48:42 PM »
i don't understand why Seattle doesn't just hand Fielder a check and tell him to fill in an amount of his choosing.

One..........MILLEEUN........Dollars!

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #49: December 22, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

They've got a nice music scene. And of course, the coffee.