Author Topic: Road Trip to Philly  (Read 1461 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Road Trip to Philly
« Topic Start: December 08, 2011, 07:13:07 PM »
I don't know who is running this and I can only assume that it is legit, but someone not affiliated with the team or any other organization as far as I can tell is setting up a group trip to Philly.  Sounds like a blast, although it looks like you'd be on your own for transportation.  One thing to check on is whether the trip will be scheduled for 8/25 or 8/26 since the headline and the text have different dates.

I'm out due to a family commitment that weekend, but having been up there last year I'd love to return and watch the Nats beat them again.  Also there's no way I'd comply with this little request: "While this is our mini-invasion of Natstown North, we are asking everyone to commit not only to purchasing a ticket but to not behaving like the Phans do when they come to our park."  Screw that and screw those Philly SOBs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZoSkNQcGFVN0FRRTI0MVB6ZnVJNkE6MQ

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: Bus Trip to Philly
« Reply #1: December 08, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »
I'd like to say take the higher road, show them how to act, blah blah blah but they are Philly fans. They wouldn't understand good behavior.

I don't know who is running this and I can only assume that it is legit, but someone not affiliated with the team or any other organization as far as I can tell is setting up a group trip to Philly.  Sounds like a blast, although it looks like you'd be on your own for transportation.  One thing to check on is whether the trip will be scheduled for 8/25 or 8/26 since the headline and the text have different dates.

I'm out due to a family commitment that weekend, but having been up there last year I'd love to return and watch the Nats beat them again.  Also there's no way I'd comply with this little request: "While this is our mini-invasion of Natstown North, we are asking everyone to commit not only to purchasing a ticket but to not behaving like the Phans do when they come to our park."  Screw that and screw those Philly SOBs.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGZoSkNQcGFVN0FRRTI0MVB6ZnVJNkE6MQ

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #2: December 08, 2011, 08:01:47 PM »
Where is this from?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #3: December 08, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #4: December 08, 2011, 08:38:16 PM »
I follow her on Twitter. Is she running this?
http://twitter.com/#!/beidenmolinaro

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #5: December 08, 2011, 08:55:12 PM »
From Barb:

beidenmolinaro BarbaraEidenMolinaro
@GburgNatsFan Not running. I'd say helping coordinating it along with @stephanats. She's doing $/tickets, I'm doing (w /help) communications

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #6: December 08, 2011, 08:55:43 PM »
I follow her on Twitter. Is she running this?

I saw that you tweeted her, I have no info other than what she's posted.  I'd be in if I thought I'd be welcome back in my house after disappearing on that particular weekend.

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #7: December 08, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »
Do I not follow you?
I saw that you tweeted her, I have no info other than what she's posted.  I'd be in if I thought I'd be welcome back in my house after disappearing on that particular weekend.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #8: December 08, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Do I not follow you?

Twitter follow?  I almost never post on Twitter so I mostly have followers who are trying to get me to follow them back in order to pump up their counts.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #9: December 08, 2011, 10:40:23 PM »
The only Trip I want to take next year is BOSTON!

Offline heeman82

« Reply #10: December 09, 2011, 01:23:23 AM »
The only Trip I want to take next year is BOSTON!

Cool I'm going to boston and Toronto

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Road Trip to Philly
« Reply #11: December 09, 2011, 07:19:58 AM »
Fixed the title from Bus Trip to Road Trip since there was no bus mentioned in the actual sign up form.

Selected an image from European Road Trip instead of the good old American Road Trip because I just plain like this shot better than one of Tom Green.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #12: December 10, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »
I would entertain a road trip to just about any city in the world except Philthydelphia. It's bad enough seeing those fans when they come down here. Why seek them out?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #13: December 10, 2011, 02:17:08 PM »
I would entertain a road trip to just about any city in the world except Philthydelphia. It's bad enough seeing those fans when they come down here. Why seek them out?

I'm sure that the ladies organizing the event would protect you.

Philly has a nice park with good food and drink options, go and wear your Nats gear.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #14: December 10, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

Philly has a nice park with good food and drink options, go and wear your Nats gear.

It's a great park.  Just the fans suck.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #15: December 10, 2011, 04:01:53 PM »
I would take their protection over yours, stud.

It ain't my safety I'm concerned about. But on second hand, I would be afraid of being puked on.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #16: December 10, 2011, 04:03:09 PM »
Fixed the title from Bus Trip to Road Trip since there was no bus mentioned in the actual sign up form.

Selected an image from European Road Trip instead of the good old American Road Trip because I just plain like this shot better than one of Tom Green.

(Image removed from quote.)

solid work PB :clap:

michelle trachtenberg for the win!

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #17: December 10, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »

That's a paradox. You can not have a great park if its habitues are, uh, not so great. The fans make the park, after all.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #18: December 10, 2011, 04:05:54 PM »

I had no problems there last year walking all over the park wearing a Nats hat and shirt, of course it was an afternoon game so maybe the locals hadn't been drinking as much as I had.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #19: December 10, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »
solid work PB :clap:

michelle trachtenberg for the win!

Yeah, from back in her anorexic days when she was hot.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #20: December 10, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »
Yeah, from back in her anorexic days when she was hot.

She was in the short lived NBC series Love Bites this past summer, and still incredibly freaking hot.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #21: December 10, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »
You can not have a great park if its habitues are, uh, not so great. The fans make the park, after all.

I understand where you're coming from.  The atmosphere caused by jackhole fans sucks.  So let's make it suck for them by cheering loudly for the Nats and wearing Nats gear.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #22: December 10, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
I wonder if there will be pictures of drunk Natsfan girls pooping outside at CBP, but they will just be joining the hordes of homeless people and possible zombies already pooping there.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #23: December 11, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
I wonder if there will be pictures of drunk Natsfan girls pooping outside at CBP, but they will just be joining the hordes of homeless people and possible zombies already pooping there.

You give too much credit.  Zombies eat brains.  Not much to poop out when they roam around in Philly.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #24: December 11, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »
You give too much credit.  Zombies eat brains.  Not much to poop out when they roam around in Philly.

Zombies hang out at CBP when they want to go on a diet.