Author Topic: Movies - V for Vendetta  (Read 1521 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Movies - V for Vendetta
« Topic Start: July 25, 2005, 12:02:35 AM »
V for Vendetta
Release date - November 4th, 2005

People Should not Be Afraid of Their Governments.  Governments should be afraid of their People.

Set against the futuristic landscape of totalitarian Britain, V For Vendetta tells the story of a mild-mannered young woman named Evey (Natalie Portman) who is rescued from a life-and-death situation by a masked vigilante (Hugo Weaving) known only as ?V.? Incomparably charismatic and ferociously skilled in the art of combat and deception, V ignites a revolution when he detonates two London landmarks and takes over the government-controlled airwaves, urging his fellow citizens to rise up against tyranny and oppression. As Evey uncovers the truth about V?s mysterious background, she also discovers the truth about herself ? and emerges as his unlikely ally in the culmination of his plot to bring freedom and justice back to a society fraught with cruelty and corruption.

The screenplay by Andy Wachowski and Larry Wachowski is based on the acclaimed graphic novel V For Vendetta by Alan Moore (The Watchmen, From Hell) and illustrator David Lloyd. Originally collected by DC Comics as a ten-part series in 1988, V For Vendetta has been praised for its vision, potency and eloquence. Moore is widely considered to be one of the finest comic writers of all time, and has been credited with single-handedly expanding the potential of the comic book medium with his work.

Official Poster:

Completely AWESOME Teaser Trailer

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Movies - V for Vendetta
« Reply #1: July 25, 2005, 12:04:09 AM »
this movie looks BEYOND awesome.

this is on my Must-See list, which is admittedly not really that big.

I wanna go find the Graphic Novel the movie is based on, I 've never read it.