Author Topic: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1  (Read 14375 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Nationals @ Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #525: August 10, 2011, 10:37:46 AM »

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #526: August 10, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »
good win

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #527: August 10, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »
I noted that there were a couple of Nationals fans in the right-field bleachers. Have any visiting fans ever thrown back a Cubs home run at Wrigley (whether the real ball or a "throwback ball" like many Cub fans carry)?  :rofl:

They'll kick you out for that.  I'm pretty sure soxfan has unleashed a story about that very point, now somewhere in the bowels of WNFF.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #528: August 10, 2011, 12:55:30 PM »
They'll kick you out for that.  I'm pretty sure soxfan has unleashed a story about that very point, now somewhere in the bowels of WNFF.

I was going to say that that's messed up, but I actually wish our own security was much more liberal throwing visiting (Phillies) fans out.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #529: August 10, 2011, 01:30:44 PM »

I thought they might. It would almost be worth it just to infuriate the pompous Cub fans and to hear them boo.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #530: August 10, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »

I've been to at least 100 games at Wrigley and outside of one where some dumbass threw it into the stands and not back onto the field I haven't seen an ejections.  Granted, my last game there was six years ago so they might have put the clamp down on it.

Online 1995hoo

« Reply #531: August 10, 2011, 02:27:17 PM »
I've been to at least 100 games at Wrigley and outside of one where some dumbass threw it into the stands and not back onto the field I haven't seen an ejections.  Granted, my last game there was six years ago so they might have put the clamp down on it.

I don't believe they eject Cub fans for throwing back visiting home runs, but my question was specifically about throwing back a CUBS home run as a visiting fan. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear they have a double-standard.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #532: August 10, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
I don't believe they eject Cub fans for throwing back visiting home runs, but my question was specifically about throwing back a CUBS home run as a visiting fan. Wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear they have a double-standard.

Right.  According to Soxfan, they do in fact have a double standard.