0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 166844 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #300: August 24, 2013, 11:12:52 AM »
If you can get him to focus, he makes great points.

I didn't really know what a DC icon he was until recently...I do like him...ya know?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #301: August 24, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
I didn't really know what a DC icon he was until recently...I do like him...ya know?

He's been around for quite awhile and I always listen to him.    But his wandering all over the baseball map drives me nuts.   Then again, maybe that's part of the "charm".    You never know where he's gonna go with a question.   "Ya know?"

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #302: August 24, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »
I can definitely see hammonds and CALSGR8 screaming "OH" at the top of their lungs at Nationals Park.  :smh:

So can I (they must have been in ecstasy when Cal Ripken had that big pre-match appearance during our last homestand)...although I think the latter sits a section or two to the left of TBSITH and I can't recall hearing significant 'OH!' activity from that direction (although one does hear occasional murmurs of 'OH' at Nats Park).

Offline mitlen

« Reply #303: August 24, 2013, 11:53:05 AM »
So can I (they must have been in ecstasy when Cal Ripken had that big pre-match appearance during our last homestand)...although I think the latter sits a section or two to the left of TBSITH and I can't recall hearing significant 'OH!' activity from that direction (although one does hear occasional murmurs of 'OH' at Nats Park).

CALSGR8 did not "oh" during the SSB at that game.   :)

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #304: August 24, 2013, 12:02:30 PM »
Wow, neither Sal nor Ed from Fairfax made it on the air this week.  A step forward.  Demonstrates that the show has a large enough audience that the same people are not put on the air... every single week.

Now screen out the callers who think that former Orioles need to be part of the Nationals.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #305: August 24, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
Wow, neither Sal nor Ed from Fairfax made it on the air this week. 

I guess we can release them from the basement now.    :P

BTW   I thought George's call about Span was very good.    Kudos to Wood and Mike for letting him make his points.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #306: August 24, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
CALSGR8 did not "oh" during the SSB at that game.   :)

I'll take your word for it (I was on the concourse during the anthem) but what in the heck was Ripken doing there anyway? Just Angelos trying to remind us who's in charge, or what?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #307: August 24, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »
Mike says it is tantamount for the Nats to finish above .500 this year...  :rofl:

He needs to shave too...

:lmao:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #308: August 24, 2013, 12:12:59 PM »
I cracked up when they said the hiring of Cal Ripken as the manager would sell tickets to Nats' Park.    Then they wandered off into Ted Williams   ....

I'm thinking of getting a head start on the "Fire Ripken" thread.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #309: August 24, 2013, 12:13:03 PM »
I'll take your word for it (I was on the concourse during the anthem) but what in the heck was Ripken doing there anyway? Just Angelos trying to remind us who's in charge, or what?

blue911 and I had her under guard and attentive ears on the very same concourse during the anthem.    :)    Ripken caught the initial first pitch at the 8/15 Giants game.      It was a baseball (non-Angelos) related reason and seemed to make sense at the time though I don't remember the reason.      I think there were two that day.

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #310: August 24, 2013, 12:16:57 PM »
And then Chuck from Pa. called:  Cal and Brooks, Cal and Brooks. Do you think the O's should have hired Cal? How about Brooks?   On and on it went. 

As I said in the email they refused to read, the O's show on MASN does not talk about the Nats so why the hell do they talk incessantly about the O's?

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #311: August 24, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
And then Chuck from Pa. called:  Cal and Brooks, Cal and Brooks. Do you think the O's should have hired Cal? How about Brooks?   On and on it went. 

As I said in the email they refused to read, the O's show on MASN does not talk about the Nats so why the hell do they talk incessantly about the O's

Sadly, this is yet another demonstration of the old saying 'He who pays the piper calls the tune'. Angelos owns the network, hires the personnel and signs the pay cheques, so it's his (meaning in this case the Orioles') call.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #312: August 24, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

As I said in the email they refused to read, the O's show on MASN does not talk about the Nats so why the hell do they talk incessantly about the O's?

What's their email address?

Offline PC

« Reply #313: August 24, 2013, 12:26:06 PM »
What did Phil say about Espionsa?

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #314: August 24, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »

NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.COM

Offline OldChelsea

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #316: August 24, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
1-855-458-0300

or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

You can change your name on your email to spidernat, and then change it back.

Interesting that PhilWood suggested that Danny Espinosa is so bad at AAA (striking out 33% of the time, batting .205), that he may not be a September call up.  He thinks Espinosa could be traded to Tampa Bay.

There will be lots of speculation about who the next Nationals manager will be.  I doubt that Peter Angelos is screening calls on Nats Talk, to ensure that callers suggest former Orioles players.

Offline PC

« Reply #317: August 24, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
Davey has already said that Espinosa isn't being called up.  He needs to have that surgery as quickly as possible, to be honest.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #318: August 24, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »
[...]I doubt that Peter Angelos is screening calls on Nats Talk, to ensure that callers suggest former Orioles players.

I don't think he's directly screening them either - the people he (or his underlings) hired to do these shows know whom they work for, they know what their job is, and they do it. No need for any extra monitoring.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #319: August 24, 2013, 12:42:09 PM »
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.COM

Thanks. I emailed them about this as well.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #320: August 24, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
MASN's main contact form is http://www.masnsports.com/masn_news_information/contact-masn.html#form

You have to fill out a form! I emailed them directly so I hope it gets through.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #321: August 24, 2013, 12:46:50 PM »
You have to fill out a form! I emailed them directly so I hope it gets through.

No problem - it was just the first thing I could turn up (as is well known I don't watch MASN so wasn't aware of the separate E-mail for the specific show).

Offline spidernat

« Reply #322: August 24, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
No problem - it was just the first thing I could turn up (as is well known I don't watch MASN so wasn't aware of the separate E-mail for the specific show).

They actually want your phone number on that form.  :smh:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #323: August 24, 2013, 01:08:31 PM »
http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00627

Slap tears are treated with Physical Therapy First!

Treatment

Nonsurgical Treatment

In many cases, the initial treatment for a SLAP injury is nonsurgical. Treatment options may include:

Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication. Drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen reduce pain and swelling.

Physical therapy. Specific exercises will restore movement and strengthen your shoulder.

Flexibility and range-of-motion exercises will include stretching the shoulder capsule, which is the strong connective tissue that surrounds the joint. Exercises to strengthen the muscles that support your shoulder can relieve pain and prevent further injury. This exercise program can be continued anywhere from 3 to 6 months, and usually involves working with a qualified physical therapist.

Surgical Treatment

Your doctor may recommend surgery if your pain does not improve with nonsurgical methods.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #324: August 24, 2013, 01:33:24 PM »
What did Phil say about Espionsa?

Basically, that DJ had a loyalty to him that probably wouldn't have extended to other players.    Phil voiced his dismay that Espinosa wasn't dealt with much earlier.