0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 167954 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Not sure where to put this.   I think I've mentioned it before somewhere but the same guys call the post game radio show that call the TV show.   Lots of 'em talk about the Orioles.   If per chance Phil ever reads this, "Please cut 'em off Phil.    Tell them this is Nats Talk or a Nats' post game show.    The Oreos and Baltimore are on another channel."     I know there's some interest in the Orioles in this area but PLEASE not on Nats-centric broadcasts.

I've never noticed that. This should be remedied ASAP. It's as bad as Tim freaking Brandt covering the ravens and orioles on a DC station.

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal!

Today's game is at 7:10 pm on MASN.
Nats Talk is from 10 am to NOON.

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you.
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

The first call was "Bruce from Wheaton", suggesting Charlie Manuel or Cal Ripken for next Nationals' manager.  Sal put on the air 2nd.

Offline spidernat

The first call was "Bruce from Wheaton", suggesting Charlie Manuel or Cal Ripken for next Nationals' manager.  Sal put on the air 2nd.
(Image removed from quote.)

:smh:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Just say "NO" to Sal!

1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

I've had enough of these characters now that EPL is on (and I'm not riding).

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
[...]The first call was "Bruce from Wheaton", suggesting Charlie Manuel or Cal Ripken for next Nationals' manager.  [...][emphasis added]

There still seem to be a few 'Nats fans' in MoCo who can't let go of the Orioles....

Offline spidernat

There still seem to be a few 'Nats fans' in MoCo who can't let go of the Orioles....

Not just there. There are a few in other areas who also can't get over their "ex".  :smh: Not to mention that freaking Tim Brandt who covers them and the ravens like they are Washington's home team.

Offline mitlen

Not just there. There are a few in other areas who also can't get over their "ex".  :smh: Not to mention that freaking Tim Brandt who covers them and the ravens like they are Washington's home team.

I live in Loudoun CO and one of the twin boys next door is an Oreo's fan.   He's 18 and I guess he started out with them while in Little League.   I'm trying to convert him.

Offline spidernat

I live in Loudoun CO and one of the twin boys next door is an Oreo's fan.   He's 18 and I guess he started out with them while in Little League.   I'm trying to convert him.

There's still hope for him. It's the ones over 30 who refuse to let go or who claim "split loyalties" that need to be lined up in front of a firing squad.

Offline OldChelsea

You have a point there. One recent Sunday when the Nats were on the road I popped into the Greene Turtle at the Phone Booth for some pre-Mystics-match beers, when there was a decent-sized but not overwhelming number of patrons in there...there are about twenty or so tellies in the place: about half of them were tuned to either a NASCAR race or some channel doing college football re-runs; other sets had other events, including a couple carrying the Orioles match...NOT ONE OF THEM WAS TUNED TO THE NATS MATCH.

[Naturally, being the violently anti-MASN person that I am, I did not ask the bar staff to turn the Nats on. But one would think that SOMEONE would have suggested it, since it was, as stated earlier, a decent-sized group in there, and not all Nats supporters feel as I do about MASN.]

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Well at this point you can't blame people the O's are the "sexier" team right now. They have studs like Manny Machado and Chris Davis who are producing big time this season. Also, old habits die hard and this area was a Baltimore area for years and years.

Me personally I support both the Orioles and Nats. I'm more likely this season to wear O's stuff around town because of how good they were doing (although they are also dropping off).

I've not seen someone be so forward about being a fair weather fan.  Kudos to you.

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
I just want the "OH!" thing to go away during the national anthem.  Not only is it a NANF thing in our home park, but it's also incredibly disrespectful to the colors.

Offline OldChelsea

I just want the "OH!" thing to go away during the national anthem.  Not only is it a NANF thing in our home park, but it's also incredibly disrespectful to the colors.

I did notice a bit of a resurgence of that at a couple of the Giants matches...really tiresome (although at least it's nowhere nearly as bad as at the Caps matches).

Offline spidernat

I can definitely see hammonds and CALSGR8 screaming "OH" at the top of their lungs at Nationals Park.  :smh:

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal!

1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline mitlen

Phil finally reached the Oreo's portion of Nats' talk.   Only took 16 minutes.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #290: August 24, 2013, 10:47:54 AM »

Phil going off on SorryAno... :mg:

Offline Mr Clean

Phil finally reached the Oreo's portion of Nats' talk.   Only took 16 minutes.

I just emailed with a complaint.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #292: August 24, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
Phil going off on SorryAno... :mg:

That's when these guys are at their best.   They know baseball but they get distracted for extended periods of time on non-Nats (these Nats) goings on.   Wonder if they could have a "guest" (Nationals) every once in awhile.   I'd like to see Ray sit in.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

I just emailed with a complaint.

Me too:

Can we please stop talking about that team in Baltimore? 
Either that or make this a 30 minute show.
As Mike would say: "Ya know."

Offline mitlen

« Reply #294: August 24, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »
Me too:

Can we please stop talking about that team in Baltimore? 
Either that or make this a 30 minute show.
As Mike would say: "Ya know."

I cracked up when they said the hiring of Cal Ripken as the manager would sell tickets to Nats' Park.    Then they wandered off into Ted Williams   ....

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #295: August 24, 2013, 11:04:42 AM »
Mike says it is tantamount for the Nats to finish above .500 this year...  :rofl:

He needs to shave too...

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #296: August 24, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »
It's really comical to see Lurch and Archie Bunker get over the top on what the Nats need to do

Offline mitlen

« Reply #297: August 24, 2013, 11:09:45 AM »
Phil nailed the Espinosa thing as well.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #298: August 24, 2013, 11:10:44 AM »

I love Phil crushing 3Kespi...and Davey...

Offline mitlen

« Reply #299: August 24, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »
I love Phil crushing 3Kespi...and Davey...

If you can get him to focus, he makes great points.