0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 166798 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Too busy Skyping with Sal?

I wonder if Sal posts here. Most of the callers there are complete idiots.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I wonder if Sal posts here. Most of the callers there are complete idiots.

Probably a moderator.    :mg:

Offline spidernat

:spit:

Pretty sure it's not tomterp though because he's not parroting crap he read in BP.  :poke:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Ya got me counting.    In three separate responses, Wallace had 13, 20 and 15 "ya knows" in his comments.    Then, I noticed Wood started "ya know" ing too.

It must be like yawning...ya know?

Offline mitlen

It must be like yawning...ya know?

Yeah, ya know.  It is ya know like ya know yawning.

Offline TigerFan

• A split allegiance is still an allegiance
Great picture Mitlen!  Though it looks like a crappy rainy day in the beautiful city   :D of Detroit. 

Offline mitlen

Great picture Mitlen!  Though it looks like a crappy rainy day in the beautiful city   :D of Detroit. 

I enjoyed my few days in Detroit and environs.    Hit the MGM; Coney Island Layfettes' (?) Hot Dog shop; Motown at night; Comerica/Frord (raining like hell  ...  they were having a HS baseball game at Comerica);  kayaking, etc.

Offline TigerFan

Ahh went so the Lafayette Coney as opposed to the American Coney.  Can't go wrong either place. 

Glad that you enjoyed your time.  Win any money?

Offline mitlen

Ahh went so the Lafayette Coney as opposed to the American Coney.  Can't go wrong either place. 

Glad that you enjoyed your time.  Win any money?

Nah, brother-in-law and I stayed at the bar.   LOL

Offline TigerFan

Any good local brews or more national ones?

Offline mitlen

Any good local brews or more national ones?

My niece's husband had a good MI brew but I can't remember what it was.   I know the label was orange-ish in color.   One night, we stopped at a brew pub just north of downtown.   My niece's husband went to Wayne ST so he was pretty familiar with all the watering holes.

EDIT:   It was Oberon beer brewed in Kalamazoo, MI

Offline nats2playoffs

2 more weeks with no Sal, who is in Europe!

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN.
Nats Talk is from 10 am to NOON.

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you.
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline mitlen

There is nothing they can tell me today.

Offline nats2playoffs

PhilWood advocates dumping Chad Tracy, but doesn't see the Nationals making a run for the playoffs in 2013. They think either home run hitting Raul Ibanez, age 41, Seattle, or LH OF Chris Dickerson, recently DFA'd by the 0ri0les, could replace Tracy.

No commercials for the first 22 minutes.  I counted 25 "You know's" by Mike Wallace.

EDIT: I counted 89 "You know's" by Mike Wallace during the entire show of nearly 2 hours.  someone can check that on a DVR.

Offline nats2playoffs

Dear Phil Wood,

Do not put Sal on the air more, you know, than once per month.  We don't give a rat's ass, you know, what golf tournament he's calling from, you know, or what he's doing in his life, you know. Nat's Talk is, you know, not the Sal Show.  Get him, you know, off the air.

When Mike Wallace, you know, gets to his 10th "you know," please, you know, cut off, you know, his, you know, microphone, you know. Send him, you know, to a, you know, speech therapist, you know.

n2p

Offline mitlen

Dear Phil Wood,

Do not put Sal on the air more, you know, than once per month.  We don't give a rat's ass, you know, what golf tournament he's calling from, you know, or what he's doing in his life, you know. Nat's Talk is, you know, not the Sal Show.  Get him, you know, off the air.

When Mike Wallace, you know, gets to his 10th "you know," please, you know, cut off, you know, his, you know, microphone, you know. Send him, you know, to a, you know, speech therapist, you know.

n2p

(Image removed from quote.)

Damn, I missed Sal.

Jesus, now they have a guy talking about the Orioles and Paul Richards.   Cut that SOB off  !!!    I like Nats' Talk and I like Phil/Mike but they sure get distracted easily and for extended periods of time.    Wonder if they're just trying to run out the clock?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Damn, I missed Sal.

Jesus, now they have a guy talking about the Orioles and Paul Richards.   Cut that SOB off  !!!    I like Nats' Talk and I like Phil/Mike but they sure get distracted easily and for extended periods of time.    Wonder if they're just trying to run out the clock?

DVR the thing and fast forward through the tangents.

Offline mitlen

DVR the thing and fast forward through the tangents.

:mg:

I don't have/use a DVR.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

I don't have/use a DVR.

You should consider getting one. It will change your life.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Damn, I missed Sal.

...well the network is under same ownership as the Orioles (I understand your feelings though)....

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I counted 25 "You know's" by Mike Wallace.

I counted 89 "You know's" by Mike Wallace during the entire show of nearly 2 hours. 

:rofl:

Offline spidernat

I don't have/use a DVR.

You should consider getting one. It will change your life.

After a while you get so used to it that you mentally try to rewind the radio and even what people say to you and when you realize you can't, it becomes frustrating.   :?  But except for live games you don't have to watch commercials.   :)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
[...]EDIT: I counted 89 "You know's" by Mike Wallace during the entire show of nearly 2 hours.  someone can check that on a DVR.

The least he (Sie wissen) could have (vous savez) done was [usted sabe) say it in (o senhor sabe) different (U weet) languages...(voste sap) add a little (vy znayete) variety to what (teate) must have been (jus zinat) major monotony.

Offline Coladar

PhilWood advocates dumping Chad Tracy, but doesn't see the Nationals making a run for the playoffs in 2013. They think either home run hitting Raul Ibanez, age 41, Seattle, or LH OF Chris Dickerson, recently DFA'd by the 0ri0les, could replace Tracy.

No commercials for the first 22 minutes.  I counted 25 "You know's" by Mike Wallace.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

EDIT: I counted 89 "You know's" by Mike Wallace during the entire show of nearly 2 hours.  someone can check that on a DVR.

Do you, you know, know what Mike's favorite TV show ever is?

Come on, you, you know, know you know it.

(Is there a prize for stringing three you knows together, in as proper english as having an extraneous 'you know' included in the mix can be...?)

It's Like, You Know

Aired on ABC, you know, a decade and change ago, Wednesday nights. Had a pre-Californication Evan Handler, as well as a somewhat unique gimmick of having, you know, the Dirty Dancing chick Jennifer Gray starring as herself - sorta like a recent comedy that's name escapes me using James VanderBeek, Dawson himself, as... himself. You know?

Offline mitlen

Not sure where to put this.   I think I've mentioned it before somewhere but the same guys call the post game radio show that call the TV show.   Lots of 'em talk about the Orioles.   If per chance Phil ever reads this, "Please cut 'em off Phil.    Tell them this is Nats Talk or a Nats' post game show.    The Oreos and Baltimore are on another channel."     I know there's some interest in the Orioles in this area but PLEASE not on Nats-centric broadcasts.