0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 168153 times)

Offline Terps and Nats

• Wake me when the Braves series is over
I think cicadas are taking over the broadcast

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Question on Nats Talk Live: "Will Harper ever get switched back to catcher? It will open up a spot for Tyler Moore in the OF."  If that is anyone other than his mom. 

:doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh::doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline spidernat

I think cicadas are taking over the broadcast

I thought it was my TV.

Offline Terps and Nats

I thought it was my TV.

it goes away during commercials

Offline Terps and Nats

I, for one, welcome our insect overlords

Offline nats2playoffs

Phil Wood talking about lefty pitchers that became pitching coaches and then managers used Roger Craig as an example.  :lmao:
The baseball Roger Craig never crossed paths with the baseball Mike Wallace, as either a player or manager:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Craig_%28baseball%29
 :old:             :old:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Wallace_%28baseball%29

Offline Terps and Nats

Greg and Phil in a steel cage match

Offline DC_Nats

Today's Nationals game is on Fox

Crap!!!! That means no extra innings and no Nats game for those of us outside the mid-Atlantic region!!

Offline bob2274

No Nats for Richmond, Roanoke, Raleigh, or Wilmington either. They're showing BOS@NYY.

Offline nats2playoffs

Check here later, to see if it's added to the free streaming games. 

http://www.vipboxonline.eu/sports/baseball.html
 :whistle:
But don't be fooled into downloading anything on that site, as it's spam.

On Nats Talk Live, Phil Wood said that the scouts he watches games with don't think that Espinosa has ever made any attempt to change his failed approach at the plate  They don't think he can hit major league pitching, unless he's injured worse than he lets on.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Mike and Phil are on the weekly Sal show.   It seems some of the "shine" is off Mike and Phil.   They're much more pragmatic this week.

Offline nats2playoffs

Mike and Phil are on the weekly Sal show.   It seems some of the "shine" is off Mike and Phil.   They're much more pragmatic this week.
Did Sal have anything relevant to contribute, or is he on to hear the sound of his own voice? I didn't tune in until about 11 am.  Did we hear from Ed of Fairfax?

AHH! An email question noted that Chipper Jones, not Eckstein, corrected LaRoche's problems, asking if it would hurt to replace Rick Eckstein.

On another note, an announcer on 106.7 FM The Fan revealed that they have 8 call-in phone lines.  Since the lines are rarely all busy, we know that people are not calling in.

Maybe if we jam the Nats Talk lines at 9:45 am each Saturday, Sal won't get on the air.

Offline mitlen

Did Sal have anything relevant to contribute, or is he on to hear the sound of his own voice? I didn't tune in until about 11 am.  Did we hear from Ed of Fairfax?

AHH! An email question noted that Chipper Jones, not Eckstein, corrected LaRoche's problems, asking if it would hurt to replace Rick Eckstein.
(Image removed from quote.)

On another note, an announcer on 106.7 FM The Fan revealed that they have 8 call-in phone lines.  Since the lines are rarely all busy, we know that people are not calling in.

Maybe if we jam the Nats Talk lines at 9:45 am each Saturday, Sal won't get on the air.

Yeah, Sal said he's not calling in next week because he'll be in Philly for the U. S. Open   ....  Maybe I'm old, but I enjoy some of the talk about yesteryear.    Man, I remember Jimmy Piersall when he was in Cleveland.    He was wild.   Turned out he was/is bi-polar.

Offline spidernat

Maybe I'm old, but I enjoy some of the talk about yesteryear.   

Some of it is OK but they go on about it a bit too much. Today I was falling asleep during the program but I thought I heard a caller praise Phil Wood for how much baseball history he can cite and that only gave Phil Wood license to start bringing up more irrelevant crap from the 50's to flex his muscles.

Offline mitlen

Some of it is OK but they go on about it a bit too much. Today I was falling asleep during the program but I thought I heard a caller praise Phil Wood for how much baseball history he can cite and that only gave Phil Wood license to start bringing up more irrelevant crap from the 50's to flex his muscles.

Yeah, I heard that call as well.   You're right  ...  they don't know when to cut it.    Wood can be like the Ever Ready Bunny.

Offline Mr Clean

Yeah, Sal said he's not calling in next week because he'll be in Philly for the U. S. Open   ....  Maybe I'm old, but I enjoy some of the talk about yesteryear.    Man, I remember Jimmy Piersall when he was in Cleveland.    He was wild.   Turned out he was/is bi-polar.
Worst baseball movie ever, 'Fear Strikes Out' was about Piersall.  The actor who played him (Anthony Perkins) threw like a girl.

Offline mitlen

Worst baseball movie ever, 'Fear Strikes Out' was about Piersall.  The actor who played him (Anthony Perkins) threw like a girl.

I've read JP wasn't happy with it.   In later years, he didn't like the way his dad was portrayed.     I vaguely remember the movie.   May have seen it late at night or some such thing.   

Offline nats2playoffs

Yeah, Sal said he's not calling in next week because he'll be in Philly for the U. S. Open   .... 
"Glen" was the lead off caller; asked what the hitting coach does and what can be done to improve the awful offense without Bryce Harper.

Other than the addition of Anthony Rendon (who notably did NOT start last night, while Chad Tracy DID), PhilWood did NOT have a useful answer. 

Offline spidernat

Some of these callers are embarrassing. I hope Jim is not a member here.  :lmao:  That clown probably passes off as someone who knows baseball in some circles but he's a clueless moron.

Offline nats2playoffs

Today's game is at 12:05 pm, so Nats Talk is only one hour, from 10 am to 11 am.

Maybe if we jam the Nats Talk lines before 9:45 am each Saturday, perpetual leadoff caller Sal won't get on the air.

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you.
1-855-458-0300

NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
I bet Sal calls in on Phil's private cell phone.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you.

They would probably hang up on me if I did that.

Offline nats2playoffs

Since a geriatric caller's ONLY comment was about a play in a game he saw in 1955, the MASN "call screener" knew that this had nothing to do with the Nationals.  The caller said that, due to fan interference, a home run was ruled a ground rule double, and the player was released the next day.  And that he might STILL be on the team (the Senators), if not for this call (made 58 years ago!  They spent 10 minutes discussing this!

Between the mandatory Sal Show first call and this call, this may have been the worst episode of Nats Talk ever aired.  A caller named RobDibblesGhost would be most welcome.
 :dibbs:

Offline spidernat

There was another dude that called today named Barry. That freaker went on and on and it was clear he just wanted to hear the sound of his own voice. 

Offline mitlen

There was another dude that called today named Barry.

Thanks Obama