0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 166852 times)

Online blue911

He's on every week and the shtick doesn't change.   He seems to see himself as a charming genius.

If he was a genius he'd hang out with us

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
If he was a genius he'd hang out with us

Good point.    Then again, maybe he does.   :)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Thinking Mike confused ya know Labor Day ya know with Memorial Day ya know?

Wonder how many chain link fences he ran into?

Offline mitlen

Speaking of Willlie Mays :)     Didn't they have that chain link fence all around Candlestick's outfield with the cushion on top?

Offline mitlen

NATS  !!!!!!!    Did ya send 'em any jigglies?    :P

Offline nats2playoffs

He only read part of my question, which is admittedly too long for TV:

"Why does Davey Johnson insist on batting Lombardozzi or Espinosa 1st or 2nd in the lineup, when they have some of the lowest OBP's on the team?  He batted Gary Carter 4th when he managed the Mets to win a World Series.  Yet Nats catchers have had some of the highest OBPs all season, but usually bat 8th, never higher than 6th."
  ;)
nats2playoffs
Washington Nationals Fan Forum member

:doh:
The question is about the CATCHER, NOT Span!!!

Offline mitlen

He only read part of my question, which is admittedly too long for TV:

"Why does Davey Johnson insist on batting Lombardozzi or Espinosa 1st or 2nd in the lineup, when they have some of the lowest OBP's on the team?  He batted Gary Carter 4th when he managed the Mets to win a World Series.  Yet Nats catchers have had some of the highest OBPs all season, but usually bat 8th, never higher than 6th."
  ;)
nats2playoffs
Washington Nationals Fan Forum member

:doh:
The question is about the CATCHER, NOT Span!!!

But they give Sal 5 minutes. 

Offline NationalHeat

Does Nats320 ever call in? That would be great.

Offline NationalHeat

Phone lines are busy, was gonna pitch them my Aj Cole plus more prospects for Jose Altuve idea :az:

Offline mitlen

Phone lines are busy, was gonna pitch them my Aj Cole plus more prospects for Jose Altuve idea :az:

Sal's calling back in.   :)

Offline nats2playoffs

They talked about mine that long for my question, after going off on a tangent.  The producer may have edited it, and PhilWood may not have even seen the whole email.

NOW they're talking about Espinosa, and whether he should even be playing!  They agree with the consensus on WNFF, that Steve is working himself out of a job.

They're having trouble with their phone system, but they prefer calls to emails, as it's more interactive on live television.  I don't think they get a lot of calls. Nobody running a call-in show wants to put the same callers on every week.  But if nobody calls in, they're stuck with Sal (and Ed from Leesburg, who must be on hold.)
 :old: :old:

It's a toll-free number, so if aussienatsfan from Australia or Manly from Great Britain call in, we get accents.
 :uk:

Offline mitlen

NOW they're talking about Espinosa, and whether he should even be playing!  They agree with the consensus on WNFF, that Steve is working himself out of a job.

Niece piece by Bos this morning partially covering this but generally about the anemic offense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/the-washington-nationals-may-have-found-their-weak-spot-its-called-the-offense/2013/05/17/4552a2f8-bf33-11e2-9b09-1638acc3942e_story.html

Offline nats2playoffs

If you call before 10 am, as Sal does, maybe they'd put you on first.  I think Sal calls in so that they aren't embarrassed by having no calls.

They have put kids on the air in the past, who ask good questions too.

Offline Mr Clean

Phil has finally come around on Espinosa and wants him in Syracuse. Before today he would rave at his hitting prowess, based on Espy's first 2 weeks in the majors.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

cronyism

Offline More of #34

Thought Boswell's piece was excellent.  A lot of food for thought.  Wouldn't want to trade LaRoche though.

Niece piece by Bos this morning partially covering this but generally about the anemic offense.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/the-washington-nationals-may-have-found-their-weak-spot-its-called-the-offense/2013/05/17/4552a2f8-bf33-11e2-9b09-1638acc3942e_story.html

Offline Coladar

They're now referring to Sal as their "usual leadoff caller."  Sal essentially just told us that he didn't see last night's PH homer "because his wife had a more pleasant thing for him to do this morning..."  (I.E., he was getting laid.)
 :minigunz:

PLEASE call in, and use your WNFF user name (so we know you're from here).  This is OUR team's show and they've got almost 2 hours to fill.  I emailed a question about lineups already!

Oh sweet and merciful lord. What is this, some bizarro dark comedy? First the TMI and ick factor. Second the state/quality of the show. Third someone obsessed enough to call in to said show but not watching the damn games for... Wow. Humanity manages to fall a bit lower in my eyes. Bunker, here I come! (I bet Sal said that same thing this morning, ba-dum-bum.)

Offline mitlen

Oh sweet and merciful lord. What is this, some bizarro dark comedy? First the TMI and ick factor. Second the state/quality of the show. Third someone obsessed enough to call in to said show but not watching the damn games for... Wow. Humanity manages to fall a bit lower in my eyes. Bunker, here I come! (I bet Sal said that same thing this morning, ba-dum-bum.)

It's worse  ...  He's pretending that he's married and gettin' some trim.   He's gone Manti Te'o on us.

Offline spidernat

It's worse  ...  He's pretending that he's married and gettin' some trim.   He's gone Manti Te'o on us.

:spit:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

So will Sal be the first caller again today?

Offline nats2playoffs

Phil Wood hosting this call-in show on MASN
Saturday 10 AM-11:30 AM
1-855-458-0300

Emails: NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Today's Nationals game is on Fox at 7:05 pm
Radio with Charlie Slowes & Dave Jageler on 106.7 FM, 1500 AM
.  The Orioles game is on MASN at 1:05 pm, so Nats Talk ends at 11:26 am today.

Pleaazzze, NO leadoff call from Sal?   :-[
We have leadoff Sal forced on us again, as well as Ed from Fairfax, and some other buddy of the hosts, who had to tell us about 4 lanes of midday Los Angeles traffic he sat in for 4 hours, when he attended Nationals games on the road trip.

Offline nats2playoffs

Phil Wood hosting this call-in show on MASN
Saturday 10 AM-NOON
1-855-458-0300

Emails: NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Today's Nationals game is on Fox at 7:15 pm
Radio with Charlie Slowes & Dave Jageler on 106.7 FM, 1500 AM

Pleaazzze, NO leadoff call from Sal?  Or Ed from Fairfax :-
Somebody from WNFF needs to call in, to keep these guys off the air.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Ya know...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Sal!

Offline spidernat

Phil Wood talking about lefty pitchers that became pitching coaches and then managers used Roger Craig as an example.  :lmao: