0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 166856 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #325: August 24, 2013, 01:55:17 PM »
Sadly, this is yet another demonstration of the old saying 'He who pays the piper calls the tune'. Angelos owns the network, hires the personnel and signs the pay cheques, so it's his (meaning in this case the Orioles') call.

Nah, it's because Wood covered the O's for an extended period of time with no team in DC and that's a reference point for him.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #326: August 24, 2013, 02:04:52 PM »
Nah, it's because Wood covered the O's for an extended period of time with no team in DC and that's a reference point for him.

Really? I used to listen to the show he had on AM-980 before the Nats arrived and he sounded awfully pro-baseball-in-DC for someone who covered the Orioles - in fact pre-2004 and after Morris Siegel died his was about the only voice in the area calling for baseball here.

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal and Ori0less Talk!

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN.
Nats Talk is from 10 am to 11:30 AM, because the Ori0less play at 1:00 PM today.

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you.
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
Just say "NO" to Sal and Ori0less Talk!

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN.
You know, Nats Talk is from 10 am to 11:30 AM, because you know the Ori0less play at 1:00 PM today, you know.

(Image removed from quote.)
Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you know.1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

FIFY

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I just want to say, I do know, thanks for asking.

Offline nats2playoffs

Just say "NO" to Sal and Ori0less Talk, you know?  There are only 8 lines, so call in and beat Sal in Leesburg to them, you know?

Today's game is at 7:05 pm on MASN, you know?
Nats Talk is from 10 am to 11:00 AM, because of college football at noon today, you know?

Call in, use your WNNF user name, so we know it's you, you know?
1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Ya got me counting.    In three separate responses, Wallace had 13, 20 and 15 "ya knows" in his comments.    Then, I noticed Wood started "ya know" ing too.

Damn, I never realized it before but now that I'm focusing on this, it's driving me crazy, ya know?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

And the first caller is Sal.  Surprise.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Sal's on  ...  Ya know

Offline nats2playoffs

And the first caller is Sal.  Surprise.
Sal's on  ...  Ya know
You know, a "who is Sal" Poll is now, you know, posted at the top of the page, you know.

Offline mitlen

You know, a "who is Sal" Poll is now, you know, posted at the top of the page, you know.
(Image removed from quote.)

Based on his conversation with the guys today, it seems he has good season seats.    He mentioned from here on out, he's gonna wear his blue Dodgers' hat to home games.    So, if you see a guy with good seats wearing a Dodgers' hat, it could be "Sal from Leesburg".

On the poll, I voted for Phil's bookie.   In reality though, I believe he calls every show Phil's on and has probably met him from time to time at the stadium and events.    If it's anything more than that, I don't wanna know.    :P

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
What did Sale say today?

Offline mitlen

What did Sale say today?

Most of it was about Sal and his wife renewing their tickets and telling Phil that it'll all be "Monday morning quarterbacking" on the show for the rest of the year.     Therefore, when Sal calls next week, we can expect "Monday morning quarterbacking".    :)

Offline CALSGR8

Most of it was about Sal and his wife renewing their tickets and telling Phil that it'll all be "Monday morning quarterbacking" on the show for the rest of the year.     Therefore, when Sal calls next week, we can expect "Monday morning quarterbacking".    :)

So Sal will be talking about RGIII?   

Offline mitlen

So Sal will be talking about RGIII?   

I believe he was referring to analyzing the Nats by using a mixed metaphor (or some such thing).    However, I think I see what you did there.   :)

Offline CALSGR8

I believe he was referring to analyzing the Nats by using a mixed metaphor (or some such thing).    However, I think I see what you did there.   :)

I forgot to put the Rimshot smiley

Offline OldChelsea

Tempted as I am to say he's another Angelos plant (this is MASN after all) or maybe a Phil Wood vivandiere of some sort...I hypothesise that Sal from Leesburg is just some common, garden-variety individual stuck in a dead-end job someplace and with an essentially uninteresting life in general, for whom the 'regional' baseball scene, complete with season tickets,  is his sole emotional outlet. When he does succeed (as he apparently did today, judging from prior posts) in becoming the first caller on the MASN call-in show, he probably feels on top of the world...during the long off-season he's probably a depressed wreck in severe withdrawal who suddenly wakes up in the wee hours in his Orioles pyjamas wondering what Adam LaRoche's batting average with RISP is on odd-numbered Tuesdays, and absolutely worried sick (nearly to suicide) that Chris Davis might really be doing roids and will soon be found out....

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Why is he going to be wearing a dodgers's hat?

Offline mitlen

Why is he going to be wearing a dodgers's hat?

He didn't get into it but may have discussed it in other conversations with the Woodster.    I got the impression he's either 1) from LA or 2) an old Brooklynite who's still pining.     I'm bettin' on the second choice.    There is (or was) a Sal's NY Bar in Leesburg a while back.   Wonder if it's the same character.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
vivandiere

Great word.  You been hangin' out with Spider in the PNC Club?

Offline mitlen

No crap  !?!     Had to "google" that one.    :)    Had a little clue with my HS French and Latin classes and was thinking bad thoughts .    BTW, Latin wasn't my native tongue.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
No crap  !?!     Had to "google" that one.    :)

Me too...but I bet Spider not only knows what it means, but how to pronounce it, too...   ;)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
2) an old Brooklynite who's still pining.     

Too many of those. They should be executed.

Offline OldChelsea

I have met Spidernat but have not been in the PNC Club.

It's one of many words of that sort I like to use in the right settings...first encountered vivandiere, I think, in Verdi's La Forza del destino (the word is spelt the same way in Italian but of cours epronounced differently).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
vivandiere
I'm thinking that is a fancy word for "butt."  They both end with "iere" in french, so I'm guessing they are different ways to say "butt" in french.