0 (0%)
A stranger who has called into any show Phil Wood hosts, for decades
19 (50%)
Other: (list below)
3 (7.9%)
Someone who likes to hear the sound of his own voice, on the air
8 (21.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN, & other media  (Read 168225 times)

Offline Ray D

What are they talking about, Max and Stras arguing about what?

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Thanks.  Much about nothing.

Probably. Of course, it was caught on camera and it's all over the media. And when things are not going well, this kind of stuff gets super magnified. Cue the posts about turmoil in the clubhouse.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nats Talk Live Saturday 10 AM-NOON on MASN
« Reply #1404: August 01, 2018, 11:20:47 AM »
MASN2 is airing ESPN2 and they have the Dan LeBatard show on. I don't know how people can watch this crap. It's as bad as listening to the junkies.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #1405: August 01, 2018, 12:57:40 PM »
MASN2 is airing ESPN2 and they have the Dan LeBatard show on. I don't know how people can watch this crap. It's as bad as listening to the junkies.

Lebotard is Luke Golic...has to repeatedly everything he says multiple times...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1406: August 04, 2018, 10:15:38 AM »
Phil’s back.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1407: March 30, 2019, 10:46:57 AM »

1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Phil Wood said that they receive a lot more emails than telephone calls. You should be able to call in and get on the air.

Phil Wood says that you can send emails during the week for future Nats Talk shows at:
NatsChatAt10am@aol.com

PhilWood says that, with 3 steals on Opening Day, Trea Turner is on a pace to steal 486 bases in 2019.
 :run:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #1408: April 03, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
Is Phil Wood not doing the radio show after the games any more? Seems like it's been Craig Heist mostly with Pete Medhurst doing it today.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #1409: April 03, 2019, 05:12:51 PM »
Is Phil Wood not doing the radio show after the games any more? Seems like it's been Craig Heist mostly with Pete Medhurst doing it today.

IIRC, he was on during the Mets' series.

Offline machpost

« Reply #1410: April 04, 2019, 12:28:00 PM »
IIRC, he was on during the Mets' series.

Yep, we listened to him on the drive home after opening day.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #1411: April 20, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »

1-855-458-0300
or send email to:
NATSTALK@MASNSTUDIOS.com

Phil Wood said that they receive a lot more emails than telephone calls. You should be able to call in and get on the air.

Phil Wood says that you can send emails during the week for future Nats Talk shows at:
NatsChatAt10am@aol.com

PhilWood again advocates electronic balls and strikes, and forcing retirement on umpire Joe West.

PhilWood speculated that Gio Gonzalez will exercise his right to become a free agent today, and leave the Yankees' minor league team, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders.

DATE         OPP       W    L    ERA     IP    H    ER  BB   SO
04/04/2019 @BUF   0    1    18.00 4.0    8    8    3      1
04/09/2019 @LHV   1    0    7.20   6.0    3    0    1    10
04/14/2019    BUF   1    0    6.00   5.0    8    2    2      8
TOTALS                   2    1    6.00 15.0    19  10   6    19

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1412: April 20, 2019, 12:07:21 PM »
Kolko's got a show on 106.7 at noon.

Offline mitlen

Carol Maloney is on 106.7 with Andy Pollin today.     Her performance on the MASN Nats' broadcast the other day was not an outlier.    She is awful.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Carol Maloney is on 106.7 with Andy Pollin today.     Her performance on the MASN Nats' broadcast the other day was not an outlier.    She is awful.

I thought she was okay when she was at News 4 but, yeah, she wasn’t that good on the recent Nats broadcasts. No wonder 4 let her walk when she demanded the sports director title and more money.

Offline mitlen

Kind of OT but on topic as far as the media goes.    Took my car over to the shop today and walked back.   Thought I'd try something different so I had The Junkies on walking back.    I usually only hear them in snippets on my way to the store, etc.       It's a couple of miles and it took a little over an hour to get home.    In that time, I don't think they talked about sports.   Oh yeah, they talked a little about Tiger Woods and the Sergio/Zeller dust up.      They also talked about underwear, free Wizards gear, etc. but no sports.    Is it like this everyday?

Online Natsinpwc

Kind of OT but on topic as far as the media goes.    Took my car over to the shop today and walked back.   Thought I'd try something different so I had The Junkies on walking back.    I usually only hear them in snippets on my way to the store, etc.       It's a couple of miles and it took a little over an hour to get home.    In that time, I don't think they talked about sports.   Oh yeah, they talked a little about Tiger Woods and the Sergio/Zeller dust up.      They also talked about underwear, free Wizards gear, etc. but no sports.    Is it like this everyday?
Mostly they talk about themselves.

Offline mitlen

Mostly they talk about themselves.

That's was their reference point for the underwear and gear.    Got home and the subject turned to catering for Bishop's child's HS graduation.    Time for me to move on from that idea (listening in bulk) in the future.

Online Natsinpwc

That's was their reference point for the underwear and gear.    Got home and the subject turned to catering for Bishop's child's HS graduation.    Time for me to move on from that idea (listening in bulk) in the future.
Used to catch them in the morning on the drive to the commuter lot. Start of the show usually. Then Chad Dukes and Lavar in the PM on the reverse ride. More than enough of both shows.

Offline mitlen

Used to catch them in the morning on the drive to the commuter lot. Start of the show usually. Then Chad Dukes and Lavar in the PM on the reverse ride. More than enough of both shows.

I'm walkin' back to the shop (car's ready).    Think I'll listen to Grant and Danny.    That'll put me in the mood for participation in tonight's GDT.    :)

Online Natsinpwc

I'm walkin' back to the shop (car's ready).    Think I'll listen to Grant and Danny.    That'll put me in the mood for participation in tonight's GDT.    :)
I miss Kiley and the Coach.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

And getting the repair bill.

Offline nats2playoffs

Whenever I've turned on the Junkies, they are blabbering on about themselves.
 :blah:
The worst part is that NBC Sports Washington (formerly Comcast SportsNet) airs their radio show on cable TV. From 6 am until 10 am, they have 4 hours to fill, so that's how they do it.

When he was on the radio, Lavar Arroganton would take 10 minutes to say something that would take a normal human being 1 minute to say. Repeated himself constantly, since he didn't know what else to do. Too much time to fill, often 5 hours.

None of these sports radio shows let the listeners dominate the air with call-ins. They are all cut off very quickly, or rarely put on the air. They probably never heard of Warner Wolf or Ken Beatrice.

Offline mitlen

I miss Kiley and the Coach.

They cracked me up but they pissed a lot of people off.    :)

Offline mitlen

None of these sports radio shows let the listeners dominate the air with call-ins. They are all cut off very quickly, or rarely put on the air. They probably never heard of Warner Wolf or Ken Beatrice.

I probably hear Grant and Danny more than most sports shows.    Ya got 25 seconds top.    They get maybe two or three calls in and then opine about how smart they are and what they think.     It's not really a call in show at all.    It's the Grant and Danny Show  ...  period.     Grant is top billing and he believes it.    He steps on callers and Danny all the time.    For callers, he'll quip, "Didn't mean to cut you off."    Right.      I really like Ferrall on the Bench (after 10 PM).    He's got "issues".