Author Topic: Nationals @ Angels, Game 3  (Read 13845 times)

Offline Sharp

Re: Nationals @ Angels, Game 3
« Reply #350: June 29, 2011, 10:05:11 PM »
I think Ankiel hits only slightly better than Stairs. He's at what... .210? About an inch above hopeless. Even more painful that I turn to the Yankees game to see Swisher make a catch in right, then Gardner, Granderson, and Tex at bat. Does Rizzo think it's illegal to have good players??
We had to vastly overpay for Werth to get him to come here, and there's a limited number of legitimately great free agents.  I don't think there were any classical great leadoff hitters available during the offseason, and we don't have the assets to be able to trade for one (or rather, we do, but they're not assets we're willing to trade).

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #351: June 29, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »
I thought (bad thoughts) about Stairs and Bixler, but then could not remember anyone available to pinch-hit. Did they have anyone left?

Nix hit the winning sacrifice fly as a PH recently, despite nursing his achilles injury.

Jason Marquis has 8 hits in 35 at bats, including 1 double and 3 RBIs and 3 runs scored.
This compares to:
Matt Stairs has 7 hits in 45 at bats, including 1 double and 1 RBI and 4 runs scored.

ANSWER:
Pinch hit Marquis instead of Stairs.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #352: June 29, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »
Marquis would be a far more effective DH/PH than Stairs.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #353: June 30, 2011, 05:14:37 AM »
Is no one going to state the obvious - THESE GUYS ARE TAKING WAY TOO MANY PITCHES AND GETTING STRUCK OUT LOOKING LIKE nagES.  Is swinging the bat against the rules with these clowns?  I mean, Werth just stands up there and takes great pitch after pitch and then looks SHOCKED when he gets STRUCK OUT LIKE A nag.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #354: June 30, 2011, 05:30:09 AM »
Is no one going to state the obvious - THESE GUYS ARE TAKING WAY TOO MANY PITCHES AND GETTING STRUCK OUT LOOKING LIKE nagES.  Is swinging the bat against the rules with these clowns?  I mean, Werth just stands up there and takes great pitch after pitch and then looks SHOCKED when gets STRUCK OUT LIKE A nag.

LOL.  Pretty much.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #356: June 30, 2011, 06:59:57 AM »