Author Topic: Carlos Lee Predictions  (Read 2861 times)

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Topic Start: November 23, 2006, 01:07:48 AM »
Ok so now with Fonzie taking his wide grin to the Windy City...obviously Lee would like to use his deal as a gauge.

Question: Do you think this is justified for Lee to seek something similar to Alfonso?
Prediction: Where will he end up?
Prediction: What will they sign him for?

The competition for free-agent outfielder Carlos Lee appears to be down to three teams, including the Orioles, and the slugger could make a decision by the weekend.

The Orioles, Houston Astros and Philadelphia Phillies are viewed as the most serious bidders for Lee, the most coveted offensive player remaining on a market that's rapidly changing shape.
Baltimore Orioles:    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-sp.orioles22nov22,0,7808263.story?coll=bal-sports-baseball  

Houston Astros:    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061122&content_id=1745653&vkey=hotstove2006&fext=.jsp  

Philadelphia Phillies:    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15822102/

Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #1: November 23, 2006, 09:48:44 AM »
ANSWER: Absolutely not.  Few if any players are worth what (S0)rian0 got and Lee and (S0)rian0 definitely aren't worth that kind of money.  These big signings for aging and contract year players are nothing more than desperation moves pushed over the edge by media and casual fan hype.

PREDICTION #1:  Phillies.  Lee is going to want to go to a contender and at first I was going to say Houston.  But Houston is going to lose Clemens and even his butt buddy, Pettitte, possibly.  That doesn't bode well for that team.  

Phillies made a run for the playoffs in 06' and came very close and have started to bulk up this offseason.  The money they were planning for (S0)rian0 can easily be turned towards Lee.  With the Nats pretty much in rebuilding mode, the Mets getting older rather than younger while losing Glavine, the Fish still being snot-nosed rooks, and the Braves slowly disentagrating, the NL East can be won easily without having to win an insane amount of games.

The Orioles?  Forget it.  Lee wanting to win and going to the Orioles is like (S0)rian0 wanting to go to the WS and signing with the Cubs.  It is going to come down to money and who is in position to contend.

PREDICTION #2:  Not sure of the $ amount here.  The signings are insane.  But let me be stupid and say $100 million/5 years for Lee.  I am solid that it will be a 5 year contract.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #2: November 23, 2006, 10:10:06 AM »
Answer: Yes.  He's Alfonso without the steals, basically.
Prediction: The Phillies of Philadelphia
Prediction: 4 years, 60 million

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #3: November 23, 2006, 10:39:15 AM »
Answer: No because he doesn't have the steals
Prediction: Houston Astros
Prediction: 6 years - 100 million

Offline UMDNats

Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #4: November 23, 2006, 11:02:08 AM »
No
Orioles
too much money (Angelos will want him, the money will be the reason he comes to Baltimore)

Offline Dave B

Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #5: November 24, 2006, 12:30:01 PM »
I think I heard on the radio yesterday the Astros were offering 5 years, 90 mil. damn

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #6: November 24, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »
Report: Astros sign Carlos Lee to six-year deal
November 24, 2006
CHICAGO (Ticker) - Carlos Lee apparently is staying in the state of Texas.

After finishing the season with the Texas Rangers, the 30-year-old left fielder reportedly has agreed to a contract with the Houston Astros.

Chicago radio station ESPN 1000 reported Friday that Lee and the Astros have agreed on a six-year, $100 million contract.

Lee split 2006 between the Milwaukee Brewers and Rangers, batting a combined .300 with career highs of 37 homers and 116 RBI. He also stole a personal-best 19 bases and struck out just 65 times - the lowest total of his eight-year career.

The Brewers traded Lee to the Rangers in July once they became convinced they would not be able to re-sign the two-time All-Star after the season. He hit .322 in 59 games with Texas but managed just nine home runs in 236 at-bats.

Lee is considered a defensive liability, but he has hit at least 24 home runs in eight straight seasons, including four consecutive 30-homer campaigns. He is a .286 career hitter with 221 homers in 1,203 games with the Chicago White Sox, Brewers and Rangers.

Quote from: "Senators2005"
(Image removed from quote.)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #7: November 24, 2006, 06:56:12 PM »

Thats pimp right there. Nice work!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #8: November 24, 2006, 08:00:27 PM »
Now Sens, the moment of truth.  Did you actually guess it, or did you just edit your guess when you heard the news :)

Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #9: November 24, 2006, 08:09:50 PM »
Quote from: "2k6nats"
Now Sens, the moment of truth.  Did you actually guess it, or did you just edit your guess when you heard the news :)

I smell an edit here.... :lol:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #10: November 24, 2006, 08:11:34 PM »
Nats2k6 now you know that was my guess when we discussed it in AIM three days ago.  Sheesh..can't even get any credit when you get lucky around here!  You guys are tough!   :)

Offline ColtonWillems

• "You have no integrity"
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #11: November 24, 2006, 10:18:25 PM »
2k6nats now you know that was my guess when we discussed it in AIM three days ago.  Sheesh..can't even get any credit when you get lucky around here!  You guys are tough!   :)

fixed  :wink:

Offline PC

Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #12: November 24, 2006, 11:24:02 PM »

You should use this gift for picking lotto numbers.  Maybe you can get $100 million.  :lol:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Carlos Lee Predictions
« Reply #13: November 25, 2006, 10:12:24 AM »
Nats2k6 now you know that was my guess when we discussed it in AIM three days ago.  Sheesh..can't even get any credit when you get lucky around here!  You guys are tough!   :)

My bad  :wink: