Author Topic: Rizzo had a gag order on Eckstein?  (Read 5185 times)

Offline TylerDC

• The Future.
Re: Rizzo had a gag order on Eckstein?
« Reply #75: June 05, 2011, 03:10:52 PM »
Wow.

Offline NeedaNewNick

« Reply #76: June 05, 2011, 03:40:48 PM »
Just because NeedANewTroll says so doesn't make it true - do you have proof?

Present some facts if you're still drinking the KoolAid, otherwise the personal insults suggest you have none.

Offline PebbleBall

• Now that right there is baseball.
« Reply #77: June 05, 2011, 04:10:41 PM »
When I read this the other day I pretty much turned the corner on Rizzo.  Inexcusable.  I don't think it's overboard to really question his judgment on the whole because of this.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #78: June 05, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
When I read this the other day I pretty much turned the corner on Rizzo.  Inexcusable.  I don't think it's overboard to really question his judgment on the whole because of this.

Are you serious?  There are a million valid reasons to question a GMs judgment, this would be item 999,995 on the list for me

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #79: June 05, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »
Jason Reid is in the wrong here (shocker) but Rizzo comes off like a douchebag.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #80: June 05, 2011, 06:29:07 PM »
MarkZuckerman Mark Zuckerman
By the way, kind of interesting that Marquis (who got into it with Riggleman in Baltimore a few weeks ago) was the one to do this.

Meaning what? Marquis did all this on purpose?

So Marquis risked the game, his ERA, his record and his professional reputation just to freak with Jim Riggleman because he took him out of a game? I've never head anything so stupid and irresponsible. I don't what's in the water, but this is why people hate the media and I like Mark Zuckerman!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #81: June 05, 2011, 06:54:26 PM »
Great point. Like I said earlier, Eckstein would have had the Washington media eating out of his hand.

The biggest mis-step here for Rizzo is that he missed an opportunity to help build a fan base that understands baseball and the ins and outs of baseball.

It's a baseball team in a gentle market. Rizzo should stop trying to control the narrative, let his staff talk  reasonable amount, and worry more about the team he fields.

Had Rick Eckstein been active in trying to explain our struggles you would have had people like SF posting "freak EXCUSES :whip:". If Rick Eckstein has just said we stink you'd have had Hammonds and Spider posting "LAC, cheap ass lineup".

To act like Rizzo letting Eckstein speaking to the media would have done any good is pretty ridiculous. Regardless people would have been nagging. Until we're winning it doesn't matter what happens, people will nag.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #82: June 05, 2011, 08:34:03 PM »
You know what I find hysterical?  I bet damn near everyone on here (myself included) have asked for candid responses and a stop to the standard bullcrap that gets churned out of press conferences, press releases and the like.

Now, someone finally gives it to you guys and you nag about it?  :lmao:

What a bunch of freaking hypocrites.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #83: June 05, 2011, 08:35:25 PM »
You know what I find hysterical.  I bet damn near everyone on here (myself included) have asked for candid responses and a stop to the standard bullcrap that gets churned out of press conferences, press releases and the like.

Um who's giving it to you?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #84: June 05, 2011, 08:37:12 PM »
Um who's giving it to you?

Rizzo... ??

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #85: June 05, 2011, 08:37:48 PM »
Rizzo... ??

Oh, Ok, then you weren't talking to me

Carry on ...

:)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #86: June 05, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »
You know what I find hysterical?  I bet damn near everyone on here (myself included) have asked for candid responses and a stop to the standard bullcrap that gets churned out of press conferences, press releases and the like.

Now, someone finally gives it to you guys and you nag about it?  :lmao:

Not sure I'm following you here hoss.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #87: June 05, 2011, 08:41:57 PM »

He's saying, we all ask for real answers and not canned responses... and once someone asks for it, gets turned down, and reports on that, people are on his ass for daring to ask tough questions.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #88: June 05, 2011, 08:42:35 PM »
He's saying, we all ask for real answers and not canned responses... and once someone asks for it, gets turned down, and reports on that, people are on his ass for daring to ask tough questions.

Um, no, I don't think that's what he was was saying at all

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #89: June 05, 2011, 08:43:50 PM »
Um, no, I don't think that's what he was was saying at all

No. It's exactly what he's saying.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #90: June 05, 2011, 08:44:37 PM »
No. It's exactly what he's saying.

No, he said Rizzo was the one being candid and that people are nagging because Rizzo spoke his mind

Minty, what the hell were you trying to say?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #91: June 05, 2011, 08:46:32 PM »
You know what I find hysterical?  I bet damn near everyone on here (myself included) have asked for candid responses and a stop to the standard bullcrap that gets churned out of press conferences, press releases and the like.

I'd be surprised if we were actually getting candid responses. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #92: June 05, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »
No, he said Rizzo was the one being candid and that people are nagging because Rizzo spoke his mind

He wasn't being candid he was being a jerk off about something he got overruled on.  Speaking his mind would be him saying - "Rick can't tell you anything more than me.  I assembled a crappy line-up and we're paying the price for it and some really bad slumping."

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #93: June 05, 2011, 08:47:06 PM »

I just can't believe you guys are up-in-arms over this.  He finally shows some moxie and now he's the anti-Christ. 

He was probably having a bad day, or sticking up and taking the heat for Eckstein who didn't want to talk to reporters or whatever the circumstances.  It doesn't matter.  He called out some nobody for calling him out.  Good for him.

Countless people have naged and moaned and whined and complained about "how come they never say anything bad about so-and-so?" or "why don't they just tell those guys to freak off?"  Well, he finally told someone to freak off and now he's a bad guy for doing so.

Whatever.  I'm just overtired from a long run of rehearsals and performances and now that I'm done with today's I have four days off.  I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #94: June 05, 2011, 08:47:36 PM »
He wasn't being candid he was being a jerk off about something he got overruled on.  Speaking his mind would be him saying - "Rick can't tell you anything more than me.  I assembled a crappy line-up and we're paying the price for it and some really bad slumping."

WTF?

I'm not saying Rizzo was being candid and what does this have to do with Minty's post?

This thread is as nuts as today's game

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #95: June 05, 2011, 08:47:54 PM »
Well, color me surprised. I did not pick up what you were laying down.

I thought our Fresh connection would keep us in sync.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #96: June 05, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
I just can't believe you guys are up-in-arms over this.  He finally shows some moxie and now he's the anti-Christ. 

He was probably having a bad day, or sticking up and taking the heat for Eckstein who didn't want to talk to reporters or whatever the circumstances.  It doesn't matter.  He called out some nobody for calling him out.  Good for him.

Countless people have naged and moaned and whined and complained about "how come they never say anything bad about so-and-so?" or "why don't they just tell those guys to freak off?"  Well, he finally told someone to freak off and now he's a bad guy for doing so.

Whatever.  I'm just overtired from a long run of rehearsals and performances and now that I'm done with today's I have four days off.  I'll be in a better mood tomorrow.

Ok, just so I'm clear here .. the "He' you're speaking of is Rizzo right, not Reid??

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #97: June 05, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »

:razz:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #98: June 05, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »
I'm not saying Rizzo was being candid and what does this have to do with Minty's post?

From Minty's post:

I bet damn near everyone on here (myself included) have asked for candid responses and a stop to the standard bullcrap that gets churned out of press conferences, press releases and the like.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #99: June 05, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »

No man, 'sall good.  I like that Rizzo said it.  I'd like to think we should hear the audio before casting judgement on who was the douchebag here.  For all we know, this nobody got his feewings huwt and just quoted Rizzo out of context.  Can't say for sure without the whole thing.

Agenda in full swing here.  Dude, you have no idea what fully transpired.