Author Topic: MLB contest winner to live in fan cave and get paid to watch over 2400 games.  (Read 1831 times)

Online HalfSmokes

I can't imagine what kind of shape he'll be in when he emerges considering his only off days will be the all star break

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
The second place winner was a guy named Ryan Wagner.

Now I guess we know what he's been up to since leaving the Nats.

Offline Coladar

Wow... I'm not sure even I could sit through 1pm-2am every day save Sunday, and Sunday 1pm-11:30pm, and watch 29 teams I don't care about. The guy won't lose his mind, it's open to the public and whatnot. But excruciatingly boring? Umm, yeah. How lame is it they went with a guy that auditioned for SNL? Get a real fan, not some actor/comedian wannabe. It'll be torture come September, so I don't care, but I get tired of these "reality" crap hiring guys with reels and headshots.

Offline UMDNats

MLB picked a Yankees fan? Shocker. I don't understand this promotion. What does MLB expect to gain? As a fan, I don't care about this guy or the fact that he won an awesome contest.

Fans of everyone but the Yankees or Red Sox had a 0% chance of winning.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
How lame is it they went with a guy that auditioned for SNL? Get a real fan, not some actor/comedian wannabe.

Agreed.

Offline DPMOmaha

Wow... I'm not sure even I could sit through 1pm-2am every day save Sunday, and Sunday 1pm-11:30pm, and watch 29 teams I don't care about. The guy won't lose his mind, it's open to the public and whatnot. But excruciatingly boring? Umm, yeah. How lame is it they went with a guy that auditioned for SNL? Get a real fan, not some actor/comedian wannabe. It'll be torture come September, so I don't care, but I get tired of these "reality" crap hiring guys with reels and headshots.
It will get long during June, July and August.  September should be great as the races come to a head. 

Offline DPMOmaha

MLB picked a Yankees fan? Shocker. I don't understand this promotion. What does MLB expect to gain? As a fan, I don't care about this guy or the fact that he won an awesome contest.

Fans of everyone but the Yankees or Red Sox had a 0% chance of winning.
Yet an Orioles fan is there?

Offline Coladar

It will get long during June, July and August.  September should be great as the races come to a head.  

Yeah, you're right. Well, it should. Last September would have been incredibly boring. We had what, one real race the last two weeks? But August will be the worst. I'm not sure this loser looking for publicity (The SNL audition really reeks for me. How many people do you know have tried out for a non-reality show? Hell, even a reality show. Although I can't speak, I did try out for Big Brother a couple times five years ago.) knows what he got himself into. He will in another month.