Author Topic: Fire Rizzo  (Read 309801 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Fire Rizzo
« Reply #150: August 01, 2011, 01:16:57 AM »
It was hard enough to swallow as a 1 for 1 swap...

Not really.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #151: August 01, 2011, 01:25:02 AM »
I agree with everything Slateman said. :clap:

I may actually put S37 on ignore though. It's getting really tough to read someone's post who doesn't think rationally. I can't believe that would be the reason for me to actually ignore someone.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #152: August 01, 2011, 04:36:05 AM »
oooooo!!!

(Image removed from quote.)

I love Barney. I love the fact that when I say Barney, I don't think of a purple dinosaur anymore

YES AND YES!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #153: August 01, 2011, 06:24:02 AM »
Not really.

You wanted to trade the Lombo/Storen/Bernadina package or no?

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #154: August 01, 2011, 07:45:22 AM »
You wanted to trade the Lombo/Storen/Bernadina package or no?

Take this with a grain of salt as big as Phil Wood but he did say he talked to a Twins scout and it was a five for one deal. I think the names were Storen, Bernie, Lombo, Hood, and more than likely Ray or Cole as the last player. I think this is why Kyle Gibson's name entered the rumors at all and why it was reported at the last minute Rizzo was reluctant to include Storen. I like Span and would have been happy to have him, but he isn't a superstar that you trade that package for.

I have a feeling this thread would have resurfaced whether Rizzo made a trade or not. Rizzo has yet to prove anything to me good or bad, but some people made up their minds about him the moment they saw him or didn't resign their favorite player or let their favorite manager walk away.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #155: August 01, 2011, 07:47:15 AM »
...some people made up their minds about him the moment they saw him or didn't resign their favorite player or let their favorite manager walk away.

But not all.  My main beef is that he doesn't seem to be too good with the "human" element of managing or really good at managing people in general.

Online blue911

« Reply #156: August 01, 2011, 07:50:49 AM »
Span is on the DL. Trading multiple players/prospects for a player of questionable health is poor business. The Nats need what a healthy Span can provide, why not wait until there is a healthy Span on the market?

Online blue911

« Reply #157: August 01, 2011, 07:51:22 AM »
But not all.  My main beef is that he doesn't seem to be too good with the "human" element of managing or really good at managing people in general.

:lmao:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #158: August 01, 2011, 07:53:17 AM »

What, what's so funny?  That's obviously a joke but there's some truth to it to (i.e., "maybe you're not").

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #159: August 01, 2011, 07:54:22 AM »

He is too much of a GM. He thinks of people as commodities and not as humans. The first real of being a GM is not to fall in love with your own players, and at times he takes it to an extreme. I also think he lacks a bit in the PR department. To me he seems like a guy that is so focused on his job description he forgets about the social aspect of being a public figure. I don't know if I worded that right at all. I also don't think that is a fireable offense and I need to see more before making up my mind one way or another.

And if the team does end the season with an improved record for the second straight year in a row with more talent in the system I don't know how a guy can be fired when that is what his job is.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #160: August 01, 2011, 08:00:09 AM »
I also don't think that is a fireable offense and I need to see more before making up my mind one way or another.

Sure, I think we can all agree on that.  He just comes off as in his own world.  

EDIT:  I'm pretty sure Blue's laughing because he's aware my own management style is a more extreme version of Idi Amin's. 

Online blue911

« Reply #161: August 01, 2011, 08:07:31 AM »

Sure, I think we can all agree on that.  He just comes off as in his own world. 

EDIT:  I'm pretty sure Blue's laughing because he's aware my own management style is a more extreme version of Idi Amin's. 

Exactly. I'm thinking "Awwww, the big guy needs a hug"

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #162: August 01, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
Take this with a grain of salt as big as Phil Wood but he did say he talked to a Twins scout and it was a five for one deal. I think the names were Storen, Bernie, Lombo, Hood, and more than likely Ray or Cole as the last player.

:o

I have a feeling this thread would have resurfaced whether Rizzo made a trade or not. Rizzo has yet to prove anything to me good or bad, but some people made up their minds about him the moment they saw him or didn't resign their favorite player or let their favorite manager walk away.

Yup.

I've heard this from a few places as well. I'm not sure how much it bothers me, but you hate to hear any organization has a communication issue.

Offline NatsSince05

« Reply #163: August 01, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
If you polled Nats fans right now, I bet the majority would want Rizzo fired.  I can't prove this, it's just my opinion.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #164: August 01, 2011, 09:51:28 AM »
If you polled Nats fans right now, I bet the majority would want Rizzo fired.  I can't prove this, it's just my opinion.

I know I'm stunned.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #165: August 01, 2011, 09:52:29 AM »
I most certainly do not want Rizzo fired. The absolute last thing I want right now is more frickin turmoil.

For crying out loud, the guy hasn't been here long enough to evaluate any overall grade. Why are people so trigger happy.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #166: August 01, 2011, 09:54:10 AM »
blah blah I bet blah blah

It's on. What are we betting?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #167: August 01, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
It's on. What are we betting?

That a five ounce bird can carry a one pound coconut.

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #168: August 01, 2011, 09:55:39 AM »
If you polled Nats fans right now, I bet the majority would want Rizzo fired.  I can't prove this, it's just my opinion.

You are so full of dog poo.

And you're ruining this board.

Please leave.

Ya, I know, I could ignore you. Problem is I've already done that twice.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #169: August 01, 2011, 09:56:24 AM »
I most certainly do not want Rizzo fired. The absolute last thing I want right now is more frickin turmoil.

For crying out loud, the guy hasn't been here long enough to evaluate any overall grade. Why are people so trigger happy.

God forbid there be any kind of stability with any D.C. area pro sports team. :roll:

We need to give him a couple years yet. If in say, two more seasons or so we are still not competing, maybe we look else where, but I can't help feeling the team will be in a better place then than it was when he took over, at least as far as the farm system goes. I could be wrong however, it wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

Offline NatsSince05

« Reply #170: August 01, 2011, 09:58:54 AM »
Rizzo has a bad repuation around the country.  Check out this SportsNation poll.  It's not scientific, but out of 7,264 voters, 41% blamed him entirely for the Riggleman episode, 41% blamed both Rizzo and Riggleman, and only 19% blamed Riggleman only.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/6699561/

Offline NatsSince05

« Reply #171: August 01, 2011, 09:59:31 AM »
Ya, I know, I could ignore you. Problem is I've already done that twice.
Don't worry, I beat you to it.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
« Reply #172: August 01, 2011, 10:00:07 AM »
Rizzo has a bad repuation around the country.  Check out this SportsNation poll.  It's not scientific, but out of 7,264 voters, 41% blamed him entirely for the Riggleman episode, 41% blamed both Rizzo and Riggleman, and only 19% blamed Riggleman only.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post/_/id/6699561/

OMG

LOL

Offline Glockypoo

« Reply #173: August 01, 2011, 10:01:30 AM »
Don't worry, I beat you to it.

Great.

Will you please remind yourself to do it again when you've moved on to your 4th, 5th and 6th usernames?

Oh wait, you have me on ignore. Turd.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #174: August 01, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »
Great.

Will you please remind yourself to do it again when you've moved on to your 4th, 5th and 6th usernames?